Earning My Ears
The Cast:

Ron (32)
Beth (31)
Dreu (8)

Dates:

January 13-21

Day 3

We are once again woken up by our “neighbor alarm clock” around 6:30am. We are hoping they check out soon so we can sleep in, lol! Oh well it could be worse, it could be me with kids that are that loud! We lounge around until 8am or so and start to get ready, we need to be at the Pirate Cruise around 9:45am.

We hop in the car and head over to the GF. At the gate they are very “official” about why we’re there and give us a 3 hour pass to park there. We haven’t been in the GF before, it’s not as upscale/fancy as we had pictured it but it is pretty and feminine. It’s on our list of hotels we’d like to stay at. We get directions to the Pirate Cruise and get there a few minutes early.

The Pirate Cruise is 10am-12pm now, I guess that used to be different and you’re supposed to get there 15 minutes early. We pay and they get Dreu his pirate bandana and a life jacket. They wait for all the kids to show up so they don’t leave until 10:15am. We have 10:30am ressies at the GFSpa so we are anxious for them to leave, lol. They go over safety rules and joke with the kids to get them riled up, they finally board the boat and we head to the GF Spa!

The spa seems like a bit of a hike from where we were, maybe it’s because I haven’t had my morning coffee yet, lol. I check us in and they have us sit in the waiting room, they come out right away to get us. They take us to our separate locker rooms and give us robes and flip flops. After changing I sit in the lounge area and shortly after Brian came to get me. He takes me back to the massage room and goes over the aromatherapy options, I choose gardenia. I’m getting the 50 minute Swedish massage. In November we did the 1/2 hour couples Swedish massag on Castaway Cay and loved it. During the 50 minute massage they do both front, back, head, feet and rear. After the massage I really need a shower, since he massaged my head too it’s very greasy. I don’t have time though so I put my hair up in a pony tail and went to find Ron. He is nowhere to be found so I go ahead and pay. It ended up costing us $206 for the massage, I tip each person $25 and I find out that the aromathereapy is an upgrade, LOL $15 a piece (Ron chose it too). Ron finally appears, turns out he snuck and took time to shower : P. Ron who is not normally a massage person loved it again and they did the exact same thing to him as to me. He had a woman do his by the way, he prefers that. This was my first time having a guy do my massage and I was a little self conscious, I had razor stubble and geesh when did my butt start jiggling like that LOL! Anyhow we loved it and it was incredibly relaxing!

We head back to pick up Dreu and they are pulling into port, they are learning the pirate song. He had a blast! They hunted for treasure at the Poly, WL and Contemporary. The boat apparently pulls up to each and they get off to do the hunt and activities. They got to eat grapes and each got a bag of goodies (party favor type things). I don’t have any more detail than that because when Dreu is excited he goes a million miles a minute and I lose track of what he’s saying because he jumps from one end of the story to the other lol. The $22.95 was well worth it!

We are starving and I am greasy so we decide to just run through the drive thru at Taco Bell for lunch. YUM, lol. The nearest Taco Bell to us at home is 20 miles and we haven’t been in a while, I was having withdrawals lol.

We head back to the resort and decide to swim for a while. Stormalong Bay is pretty cool. Dreu loves the slide and “whirlpool” that spins you around. We rent tubes ($10 each for the entire day) but don’t end up using them much. We end up staying for a few hours and then head back to the room to shower and rest.

Beaches and Cream is our restaurant tonight, we are seated right away. Ron and Dreu order milkshakes (they both say yum!). We get onion rings for an appetizer, Ron gets a hamburger, Dreu a chili dog and I get a hot dog with saurkraut. Everything is delicious! After dinner we head over to the arcade. The arcade is a good size and has plenty of games. Ron made us do the “electrocution” thing, you hold onto each other and metal rod which ends up vibrating a LOT lol. We made it until the light hit the top only because Ron wouldn’t let us let go, sadist lol.

We decide to walk over and check out the Beach Club. It’s not that great in my opinion. The area rugs are in poor shape, one is seriously falling apart on one of the corners. It looks like it needs freshened up. I’m glad we had switched our ressies to the YC. We check out the gift shop, there goes our souvenir budget lol. We bought tons of t-shirts and Dreu begged for the monorail. We gave in. (we’re such a challenge can you tell?? lol) We head back to the room so he can put it together.

Back at the room we discover that we have a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks, COOL! We sit on the balcony and watch those and relax. Dreu puts together the monorail and thinks it should say it’s stoppin at each of the appropriate resorts. This bugs him since he’s dying for the Contemporary model to go with it. He loves it though and runs it forever!

I decide that maybe I have an idea how to avoid all the morning noise from the neighbors. I decide to leave the patio door open then the outside noise will cover the inside noise, make sense lol??

We’re off to bed!

Tomorrow is Universal!

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

LOL on the comment about the butt jiggling!! Notice how aware you are of those things when a Man is doing the massage? LOL...Thanks for posting...I loved reading it!! :)

<font color=purple>Tricia</font>
tarzanjane3.GIF

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boardhttp://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=49309088
Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board
Co-Host Instructional Chat with Snuggles and Nativetxn
Co-Host Wed Night Chat with Mac-key Mouse and Dee

Isn't that horrible, I thought I was past that stage of life but I must just be past it with my husband LOL. After 11 years of marriage we're "comfortable" so don't watch our jiggling parts like we used to LOL.

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

My dd did the pirate cruise in July and had a ball. The massage sounds nice. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter