Earning My Ears
The Cast:

Beth (31)
Ron (32)
Dreu (8)

Dates:

January 13-21

Day 1

4:45 am the alarm goes off. Barely awake we hurry and get ready. We load up the van and off we go. We make it to the airport a little early and without any problems. (no wonder, who else is up at that hour, lol??) We flew Delta this time and had no problems at all. We enjoyed having assigned seats, got to eat breakfast while waiting in the morning and at TGIFridays during our layover.

We arrive in Orlando, grab our luggage and head for the Alamo bus. I was in and out of there in under 5 minutes, literally. The Blazer had a broken glove compartment so they had us just leave it where I had parked it and gave me a different one, this time an Isuzu Trooper. Even with switching cars we were there for less than 15 minutes. The bus ride is only 10 so the whole rental car process took less than a 1/2 hour from start to finish. We start to relax and get into vacation mode!

We make it to the Yacht Club around 3:30pm without any problems. (Except for Ron dozing off while he’s supposed to be watching signs for me, LOL.) As we drive up we think... hmmm, it looks like home. (We live in New England) We valet park and I go ahead to check us in while Ron has the bell hop check our luggage.

The lobby is nice. I don’t think it’s stuffy, Ron doesn’t think it’s formal. We enjoy a nautical theme and thought the lobby was very nice. Dreu loves the ship wheel and big globe. I check in and I’ve received all my requests, YIPPEE! I had made requests on my reservations and then faxed them in. I have 2 reservations so asked not to have to switch rooms (ressies are for same room type), non-smoking and a direct lake view. The CM was very nice! Our room wasn’t ready though so we had time to kill. I had guest services make our Fantasmic ressies for us, again the CM’s were extremely nice! We decide to check out the pool and get a milk shake. The pool is very large, actually it’s several separate pools grouped together. Dreu is psyched! We head over to Beaches and Cream for milkshakes. I wanted a Banana split but decide it’s not worth it since I won’t eat most of it. By looking at everyones sundaes they remind us of Friendly’s at home, big and gooey, yum! The inside of Beaches and Cream vaguely reminds me of Milk and Honey, an ice cream place in OH. Ron had a vanilla milkshake, Dreu 2 huge scoops of vanilla ice cream and I had a rootbeer float. Very tasty! We stop and have Ron and Dreu’s haircut at the YC’s salon. The CM did a good job and the boys look handsome again!

6:00pm our room is finally ready. Wow, we have a great view! We are located directly center across from the Boardwalk things, perfect view. The room is small, not much larger than a PO room. The bathroom is setup just like PO with 2 sinks and then the tub and shower in a little room. There are 2 queen beds, a small table with 2 chairs, a chair, and dresser in the room. There isn’t a daybed and a crib would make it tight. The furniture is all white, the colors in the room are bright. (not Contemporary bright but not drab like some say) There is a slight nautical theme to the room, the curtains have ships wheel/anchor in them and the beds have what is supposed to be a ships wheel in the headboards. There is a full balcony and on each side of the slider is a window, that wall is essentially all windows.

We enjoy our view for a while and watch the boats. We leave at 6:40pm for ‘Ohana! It took us just a few minutes to drive over to the Poly (I am glad we rented a car, this is so much easier!) and we valet park. We check in early at ‘Ohana and I request a window seat so we can watch the MK fireworks. We are called right on time and have an AWESOME table, we have a perfect view of the fireworks. This is Ron’s favorite restaurant in WDW and he does a Tim Allen grunt after each thing he eats, lol. Dreu likes the dumplings & veggies, I LOVE the veggies and wings and Ron loves all the meats especially the turkey. The fireworks were great and after getting covered wtih caramel and pineapple juice head back to the YC.

We get back to the room and admire our view for a bit before bed. The Boardwalk is lively and pretty when lit up at night. We’re off to bed!

IOA tomorrow!

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

Great report so far!! I love the day by day report writing...how exciting, I feel like I am there with you all! lol...Sounds like a perfect view from your room!! Thanks for posting

<font color=purple>Tricia</font>
tarzanjane3.GIF

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boardhttp://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=49309088
Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board
Co-Host Instructional Chat with Snuggles and Nativetxn
Co-Host Wed Night Chat with Mac-key Mouse and Dee

Thanks for a great, live trip report. We leave in two days so your report is getting me even more excited. So tell me, how is the weather? Can you wear shorts during the day?

The weather is PERFECT! It's been mid 70's the entire time. I think we're supposed to get some rain on Saturday but that's the only thing in the forecast so far. They say it's 50's at nights and mornings but I'm guess it's mid to high because it's not been that cold.

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter