• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fri. before Veterans Day...

Mom2micayla

DIS Veteran
Is it insanely crowded? I understand that alot of schools & businesses get it off since the actual holiday lands on Sat.

We're arriving in Cali sometime mid afternoon on Sunday Nov 5th and leaving on Fri. the 10th. We have a 5 day parkhopper for my daughter (AP's for us). We're definitely going to DLR on M-Th. But we still have 1 day left on her hopper. We can't decide if we want to do DL on Sunday the 5th (probably arriving around 4ish in the afternoon and staying until closing), or do Fri. the 10th... arriving at opening and staying until around 3ish. I'm leaning towards Fri. since IASW will be open then with the holiday overlay and that's my kids favorite ride. But I don't know if I can handle it being at capacity and not feeling like I can move. Our kids are young, 3 under the age of 5, and I don't know how they'd handle that. We're so used to going off season and not having to wait long. :) But then Sun. could be packed too. :confused3

Which would you chose?

See my 9/1 update post. Not crowded at all - but it was hot. I am confused about your post - labor day is 9/4 and not in November.

I think you mean Veteran's Day if you're talking about November.... and yes, it will be VERY BUSY! Last year on Friday Nov 11 DL closed at capacity by 11:30 am. Which made DCA pretty crowded. I'd opt NOT to do DL that Friday and go earlier instead.

Try this: http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/guide.htm

If you mean veteren's day - this graph doesn't seem to indicate that it is very crowded.

Based on my experience with the Friday before labor day (yest.) and memorial day weekend - the park has not been that crowded on these last two 3-day weekends. Weekdays in August seemed much more crowded to me.

Yes, I meant Veterans Day. Must have had Labor Day on my mind. :lol:

I'm confused still though on which day to go..? Kelsiesmommy says it was crazy busy, but the graph that Minnietoo posted doesn't look like it will be?

DD and I went last year over the veteran's day weekend and it was INSANELY busy the entire weekend. It was like Christmas crowds!!!! I would not choose that weekend if you do not like LARGE crowds. We arrived on Thursday and left Sunday afternoon. We spent many afternoons by the pool because the crowds and line waits were too much for us!!! We went to DL three times this year and the veterans weekend was the BUSIEST!!!

That's kind of what I figured. :( I'm still considering going with the understanding that it'll only be for a few hours anyway. I'd like the kids to get to ride IASW with the holiday overlay. Maybe we'll just go for a few hours, have lunch at Goofy's or Ariel's and then leave. :confused3

Does anyone have any idea how the sunday prior in the afternoon/evening (Nov. 5th) would compare to the Friday prior (the 10th) in the morning/early afternoon as far as crowds? We never go on weekends so I'm clueless. The one advantage I can see to Sun besides the crowds being less is that Fantasmic is showing that night. It's not showing the rest of the time we're there.

We are going Nov 8-12. I'm thinking that because last year was the 50th celebration that it was busier than normal.
Hoping for lighter crowds... ;)

I'd go on the Sunday, it will not be AS busy as Veteran's Day weekend. I've been surprised, many Sundays we've come down and it isn't as bad as I though, especially on a "normal" weekend.

dparksfan said:
We are going Nov 8-12. I'm thinking that because last year was the 50th celebration that it was busier than normal.
Hoping for lighter crowds... ;)
We're going then too (8-11) and I hoping for the same!

We have gone Veteran's Day weekend many times and not found it to be too crowded at all. That being said, last year we tried once again and it was the busiest we have ever seen the parks, including summer! We assumed it was because of the 50th and had lots of fun despite the crowds. Our mantra: Go Early, Go Early, Go Early! :)

We will be there 9-13 Nov, and I was really hoping it wouldn't be overly busy! Oh well I suppose I better grin and bear it as it is all booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter