The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

I was at Disney World twice when vmk was opened, but the second time Vmk central was closed and the first I didn't know it existed sadly. And the last time we went I brought along our flats, and got pictures with them at the Emporium and other places like that. I think it's even worse leaving the parks when you know there's no virtual one to return home to when you get back.

Ooo! Did you ever post those pictures of your flats at WDW? Weird and Ninja haven't gone yet so they're really excited. Not having a virtual world to return to is probably why I actually wrote a trip report. I needed some way to hang on to WDW while at home!

And Chuckie sounded pretty funny, I can't believe he really did that! Oh, the pre shows make a difference too! I mean, they entertain you even while you're just waiting. I mean, not all rides really have a pre show but some just have really interesting queues. Like Expedition Everest, they have all these glass displays of yeti information and hiking equitment, yeti footprints and pictures, descriptions, and outside they have these temples with bells and little statues and things. It's like you teleported yourself to the real deal.

I've seen the pics of the EE queue, and it really looks so interesting! I read that it's like you're getting ready to go on that train ride so you have to get your ticket and then get your provisions and all that. I don't know that I'll ever have the guts to ride EE though. It's not that I'm scared of the Yeti or the big drop. I just heard that some people get dizzy during the backwards part, and I really don't want it to ruin my day! Unless I get FP for the end of the day or something! What did you think of the backwards part? Do you get dizzy on rides?

Wow, that's pretty strange, we do have alot of those rides at Six Flags. The ony I go to is called Six Flags Over Texas, and we have the Spongebob ride there. Never been on it. When I was really little I went on "Honey I shrunk the Audience" and got so freaked out. Now I'll go on every other 4D thing at Disney World... even It's Tough to be a Bug, but that one. And we have old automobiles, and a little kid roller coaster similiar to that one, and the Eiffel Tower thing except it's orange... well I think they need to come up with some new ideas hah.

Yep, the Spongebob ride is also at the Six Flags near me. I guess it's smart for whoever made the ride to get it in as many parks as possible, especially the Six Flags ones because that's a park for the locals, IMO. But of course, WDW has to be original! Love it!

Ooo, I didn't like HISTA when I was a kid either because of the lion or whatever it is that comes out at you and then the feeling of the mice under the seat. Then for ITTBAB, I didn't like the bugs at the end on the chairs. Haha, those things are a little too close for my comfort, but I go on them anyway.

After this ride, dad was feeling better so we headed to the Shenandoah Lumber Company, which is the fancy name for the log flume. Mom got our log in the picture.
IMG_4309.jpg

We got my brother to go on. At WDW, he initially was going to go on Splash Mountain, but then he saw the largest drop and changed his mind. This one was so much shorter and not as steep so he took a chance. I sat in the front and then he and dad were behind me. He wasn't too thrilled with the first small drop. Haha, he really didn't like the larger drop. He probably won't be doing any log flumes anytime soon.

We went to the water park side called Water Works so there are no pictures from there. We changed into our bathing suits to go on slides and such. My mom and I didn't do any slides; we just enjoyed the lazy river!

After that, my dad wanted to ride White Water Canyon, which is the river tube ride under the waterfalls. I was dry so I didn't want to go on it. Instead, I was thirsty so while they went there, I went to get a large frozen lemonade for $5.50 so mom and I could have a cold treat with energizing sugar. Not quite a Dole Whip, but still yummy!
IMG_4312.jpg

Here they are after getting off the ride. They were completely soaked! Dad had to ring out my brother's shirt and then they wrapped him up in a towel because he was cold. I'm SO glad I didn't ride it!
IMG_4314-1.jpg

We went to a gift shop afterwards. I thought this was funny!
IMG_4316.jpg

This would be very fitting for me sometimes ... too bad I wouldn't be able to hang it up at work!
IMG_4317.jpg

No wrists around that I wanted to snag (reminiscent of Weird and my visit to Liberty Science Center)! Haha, and yes, I am wearing different clothes. Because these were the clean, dry clothes I brought with me for after the water park.
IMG_4320.jpg

Nickelodeon characters. I took a lot of pictures at this other gift shop since my brother wanted to ride the Toonpike again.
IMG_4321.jpg

Lots of Spongebob and Patrick things.
IMG_4324.jpg

But after a while, the gift shop wasn't enough. Weird and Ninja also wanted to drive on the Toonpike too so they chose the Chuckie car.
IMG_4325.jpg

Ooo! Did you ever post those pictures of your flats at WDW? Weird and Ninja haven't gone yet so they're really excited. Not having a virtual world to return to is probably why I actually wrote a trip report. I needed some way to hang on to WDW while at home!

Yeah, I posted them and alot of other pictures. You have to search VMK Days though.

I've seen the pics of the EE queue, and it really looks so interesting! I read that it's like you're getting ready to go on that train ride so you have to get your ticket and then get your provisions and all that. I don't know that I'll ever have the guts to ride EE though. It's not that I'm scared of the Yeti or the big drop. I just heard that some people get dizzy during the backwards part, and I really don't want it to ruin my day! Unless I get FP for the end of the day or something! What did you think of the backwards part? Do you get dizzy on rides?

Well, I never get dizzy from it but I know alot of people do. I think it's a must-ride attraction though, so maybe before the park closes you should. It's not as fun at dark, though, I have to tell you. And it's alot of fun- when they train pulls in before you get on it even has steam coming from the... well I have no idea what it's called lol. Well, the front car that looks like the first car on a train. The smoke... pipe thing. I suggest getting a FP at the beginning of the day just so they don't run out. They accept them after the time, anyways.

Yep, the Spongebob ride is also at the Six Flags near me. I guess it's smart for whoever made the ride to get it in as many parks as possible, especially the Six Flags ones because that's a park for the locals, IMO. But of course, WDW has to be original! Love it!

Yeah, Disney actually has a rule now that when they make a new attraction that they must make it in at least two parks. The latest example is Toy Story Mania which is incredibly awesome, the only complaint is that pulling that string to keep shooting is extremely exhausting! Still better than Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin though

Ooo, I didn't like HISTA when I was a kid either because of the lion or whatever it is that comes out at you and then the feeling of the mice under the seat. Then for ITTBAB, I didn't like the bugs at the end on the chairs. Haha, those things are a little too close for my comfort, but I go on them anyway.

Yeah, I know exactly when the mosquitos and other bugs are coming so I only sit at the very end of the bench lol.

After this ride, dad was feeling better so we headed to the Shenandoah Lumber Company, which is the fancy name for the log flume. Mom got our log in the picture.
IMG_4309.jpg

We got my brother to go on. At WDW, he initially was going to go on Splash Mountain, but then he saw the largest drop and changed his mind. This one was so much shorter and not as steep so he took a chance. I sat in the front and then he and dad were behind me. He wasn't too thrilled with the first small drop. Haha, he really didn't like the larger drop. He probably won't be doing any log flumes anytime soon.

We went to the water park side called Water Works so there are no pictures from there. We changed into our bathing suits to go on slides and such. My mom and I didn't do any slides; we just enjoyed the lazy river!

After that, my dad wanted to ride White Water Canyon, which is the river tube ride under the waterfalls. I was dry so I didn't want to go on it. Instead, I was thirsty so while they went there, I went to get a large frozen lemonade for $5.50 so mom and I could have a cold treat with energizing sugar. Not quite a Dole Whip, but still yummy!
IMG_4312.jpg

Here they are after getting off the ride. They were completely soaked! Dad had to ring out my brother's shirt and then they wrapped him up in a towel because he was cold. I'm SO glad I didn't ride it!
IMG_4314-1.jpg

We went to a gift shop afterwards. I thought this was funny!
IMG_4316.jpg

This would be very fitting for me sometimes ... too bad I wouldn't be able to hang it up at work!
IMG_4317.jpg

No wrists around that I wanted to snag (reminiscent of Weird and my visit to Liberty Science Center)! Haha, and yes, I am wearing different clothes. Because these were the clean, dry clothes I brought with me for after the water park.
IMG_4320.jpg

Nickelodeon characters. I took a lot of pictures at this other gift shop since my brother wanted to ride the Toonpike again.
IMG_4321.jpg

Lots of Spongebob and Patrick things.
IMG_4324.jpg

But after a while, the gift shop wasn't enough. Weird and Ninja also wanted to drive on the Toonpike too so they chose the Chuckie car.
IMG_4325.jpg

Oh, I remember the first time we took my little brother on Splash Mountain. We told him it was just a little boat ride, then when we got in the log he says "Is this the ride with that huge drop?" And my dad just says "Yup" He loved it, so he wasn't mad at us heh.
I haven't rode any of those canyon type water rides in a long time! We always wear our ponchos on those.
Now I'd like to ride around at the Toonpike, that looks like alot of fun. And those hanger things are cute!

And it's alot of fun- when they train pulls in before you get on it even has steam coming from the... well I have no idea what it's called lol. Well, the front car that looks like the first car on a train. The smoke... pipe thing.

Hehe, I think it's a smoke stack?

The latest example is Toy Story Mania which is incredibly awesome, the only complaint is that pulling that string to keep shooting is extremely exhausting! Still better than Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin though

Can't wait to try it! I do really love Buzz, and I know a lot of people prefer TSM so I'm curious to know whether or not I'll stay loyal to Buzz or not! It's a difference between actual targets or targets on screen so it'll be a new experience.

Oh, I remember the first time we took my little brother on Splash Mountain. We told him it was just a little boat ride, then when we got in the log he says "Is this the ride with that huge drop?" And my dad just says "Yup" He loved it, so he wasn't mad at us heh.

I wonder if my brother will ride Splash the next time he goes to WDW. I was actually talking to Weird about it, and he said he does NOT like big flume drops but that he would go on SM with me anyway. I made sure he knew about the drops inside the ride too, but he should be okay.

I didn't realize that most people look at the bottom when they're going down the drop. I want to see what it's like looking straight out towards the rest of the park!

Back to Scooby Doo again because we were doing the repeat rides before leaving.
IMG_4330.jpg

Some of the things you can see on the queue. Canoes with speakers that pump out creepy sounds.
IMG_4333.jpg

The Haunted Mansion and my family walking towards it. After I took this picture, I had to run to catch up because I didn't want to be there by myself!
IMG_4334.jpg

Weird and Ninja were really excited to take a picture with "The Hero."
IMG_4327.jpg

My brother as a pilot.
IMG_4328-1.jpg

On the way out ... not quite the Emporium on Main Street ...
IMG_4340.jpg

Hehe, I think it's a smoke stack?

I guess? I still have no clue, and I searched a little for a good diagram of a train but couldn't find one. Oh well.

Can't wait to try it! I do really love Buzz, and I know a lot of people prefer TSM so I'm curious to know whether or not I'll stay loyal to Buzz or not! It's a difference between actual targets or targets on screen so it'll be a new experience.

Im better at TSM, I'll have to admit lol. Buzz is an amazing ride though.

I wonder if my brother will ride Splash the next time he goes to WDW. I was actually talking to Weird about it, and he said he does NOT like big flume drops but that he would go on SM with me anyway. I made sure he knew about the drops inside the ride too, but he should be okay.

I didn't realize that most people look at the bottom when they're going down the drop. I want to see what it's like looking straight out towards the rest of the park!

Oh, I never thought about looking at the park! Good idea, I'll have to try that in September.

Back to Scooby Doo again because we were doing the repeat rides before leaving.
IMG_4330.jpg

Some of the things you can see on the queue. Canoes with speakers that pump out creepy sounds.
IMG_4333.jpg

The Haunted Mansion and my family walking towards it. After I took this picture, I had to run to catch up because I didn't want to be there by myself!
IMG_4334.jpg

Weird and Ninja were really excited to take a picture with "The Hero."
IMG_4327.jpg

My brother as a pilot.
IMG_4328-1.jpg

On the way out ... not quite the Emporium on Main Street ...
IMG_4340.jpg

Wow, that park just looks so much better than the Six flags I've been too! Besides Disney parks, I've got to say Sea World is my favorite. The park always looks clean, and they have a pretty good atmosphere. But at Six Flags... they have those fake rocks that look really cheap and obvious that have music come out of them cropped around the park, and just no theming whatsoever. Plus they never look as clean as that park. (Im too strict on the parks, been to Disney too many times. Can't expect them to be near as amazing can I?)

Yay! I'm finally able to log back on and I get to see a ton of new pics. And it's nice to see that flips is not the only one checking back here. hehe ;)

Hi tink and flips! Haha, I didn't think anyone would still be checking this thread. We should take more pics then :D

It'll be great come next April though because flat Weird and Ninja will finally be able to see WDW for real! They'll see what VMK was based on! Real Weird and I will be there. My parents invited him to go along with us. So excited! I have a PTR link in my signature.

I'll keep in mind that you guys are still with us, and I'll see what pictures I can take or dig up :goodvibes

Sounds awesome! Yes, it's always nice to see all the buildings and stores that you actually got to go in on vmk. I think some of the things you could buy on vmk were alot cooler, but I guess they can't help that. ;) Anyways, if you need any help planning I'd be glad to help! I hope you take a couple pictures, I know it's hard to take out all the cameras and flats when you're trying to be the first ones on Space Mountain heh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!