The First $200+/night Campsite in Fort History

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
2020 rates are out this morning and all I can say is WOW! :crazy2:

I went looking at a few dates for 2020 and compared them to 2019.

The Premium sites for the week Christmas-New Year's 2020 are $203/night plus tax in 2020 and that's a 10.3% increase over 2019 same period. Last year if you INCLUDED taxes you would have exceeded $200 but this is now the list price (rack rate).

Anybody want to guess why?

giphy.gif

Sticking with Premium, spring 2020 has a greatly simplified rate calendar. From March 5 forward for the next 47 days (!) the rate is $195 plus tax (which we had heard previously but the fact that it's fixed for 47 days is the new part). Previously those ultra rates were only for a two week period around prime spring break in March and Easter weekend in April. Now Disney has just "filled in" those dates in between with the ultra high rates. No weekday relief - straight pricing.

Disney had the opportunity to take advantage of the Star Wars hype and has jacked the rates up for 2020. They saw the chance and they took it. Gutsy move, guys.

Gentlemen, I salute you.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

PS - oh and did you see the blip about AP prices getting "substantially "jacked up overnight? I'm sure it's just coincidence, huh....

PPS - here is the Premium rate calendar for Nov-Dec 2020

Premium Sites Nov-Dec 2020.PNG

Last edited:
Good Gravy!!! And here I want to make plans for Christmas 2020...I may need to rethink our strategy and maybe combine onsite with offsite. $200 for a campsite is just plain old ridiculous.

Part of the reason we have changed to an every other year trip rather than the yearly trips we had taken for 25 yrs. I dont think we have seen anything close to the end of these large increases.

FW is the nicest Camping Resort in the Country, I've paid more for a lot less, Polson RV Resort (MT) Premium is up to 178.00 (plus tax) a night, much smaller sites with no shade

I guess it could be worse. Below are the rates for Camping on the Gulf in Destin. I've stayed at the "Beach Front" sites. They are narrow enough that you get a choice of slides or awnings.

$225/night for Summer.

View attachment 410030
j

Or you could stay at Henderson State Park for $30 night and have plenty of space to spread out.

And now jolynne28 has found the new super secret, ultra expensive (I'm sure) Premium Meadow campsite category for 2020, I'm sure that will take the cake at Christmas time. We'll wait till the rates become viewable to crown that the king, though.

Bama Ed

Or you could stay at Henderson State Park for $30 night and have plenty of space to spread out.
I've tried to get into Henderson (or TopSail), but reservations are hard to come by, especially for a 42ft 5er. And neither have sites with a water view.

The Premium Meadow site description is interesting.

"Proximity to Meadow Trading Post, Meadow Recreation Area, Bike Barn and Campfire Area "

Are the 600 and 1400 loops that popular? Or is this a way to down charge for loops impacted by Reflections construction? I haven't seen anything that states what loops are Premium Meadow.

j

I just hope Loop 1500 never gets included in "Meadows View" pricing. It's certainly the most convenient loop to the Meadows. My favorite loop to stay in with our pop-up.

I've tried to get into Henderson (or TopSail), but reservations are hard to come by, especially for a 42ft 5er. And neither have sites with a water view.

True, they don't have water view from the sites, but the price difference is worth it to me, being on a tight budget. When we're camping on the beach (almost always when not at FW) we spend the whole day on the water anyway. This thread IS about pricing, so if that is the main consideration, state parks are the way to go.

I do find Henderson requires reservations 11 months in advance (unless you check every day for cancellations, which is how I usually get mine.) Topsail, however, I never have any problem getting into. I just checked for 5 nights in October and there 15 RV sites available, along with lots of cabin and tent sites. I do understand that having a 45' 5th wheel is going to really limit things. I didn't check the size of the sites available.

I don't know if it's to down charge those other loops because they all got a healthy increase themselves. I think it's just another excuse to justify a higher-still rate.

It's exactly like when they upgraded the Premium loops and left the Fulls but then carved out a category called "Preferred" which I for one was willing to pay for (at the time).

Disney is ruthless in its drive to raise prices all over, drive down expenses (and the customer experience), and to show a profit. It's relentless and it won't stop.

The Premium Meadow campsite prices are now on-line so this new category can be crowned. The Christmas-New Years rate is $220/night. We will find out in time which loops they are.

And if they come up with a "Tent Meadows" for 1500 I'll cry right here.

Bama Ed

I just hope Loop 1500 never gets included in "Meadows View" pricing. It's certainly the most convenient loop to the Meadows. My favorite loop to stay in with our pop-up.

True, they don't have water view from the sites, but the price difference is worth it to me, being on a tight budget. When we're camping on the beach (almost always when not at FW) we spend the whole day on the water anyway. This thread IS about pricing, so if that is the main consideration, state parks are the way to go.

I do find Henderson requires reservations 11 months in advance (unless you check every day for cancellations, which is how I usually get mine.) Topsail, however, I never have any problem getting into. I just checked for 5 nights in October and there 15 RV sites available, along with lots of cabin and tent sites. I do understand that having a 45' 5th wheel is going to really limit things. I didn't check the size of the sites available.

But were those 5 nights in October weekdays or on a weekend? I have had similar trouble getting those Panhandle Florida SP that are much in demand. It's much like it is in the Keys (state versus private).

Bama Ed

But were those 5 nights in October weekdays or on a weekend? I have had similar trouble getting those Panhandle Florida SP that are much in demand. It's much like it is in the Keys (state versus private).

Bama Ed

I don't know because I put in that we were flexible for the entire month. I would have to go check each site, one by one, to see. I just put in 5 nights. For us, we can go anytime, but I do realize most people can't. I didn't even think about the whole "weekend" thing.

We have yet to camp in the keys. Been in Florida for 12.5 years and have that on my bucket list. I suppose when I start trying to score those reservations, I will likely have to plan the full 11 months in advance.

And if they come up with a "Tent Meadows" for 1500 I'll cry right here.

Bama Ed

You and me both!! Right now, the low tent/pop-up site prices during the "low seasons" are the only thing that allows us to go so often. The past couple of years we have been doing more state parks and less Disney. Still enough Disney to justify the weekday APs, as we camp a few weeks and do quite a few one/two nighters in the values during the year. Sometimes I just want to go on short notice and spend a couple days, and one cheap night is easy to come by when not at that Fort. There is almost always a FL resident or passholder special going on for short notice ... during the off seasons, of course.

I don't know because I put in that we were flexible for the entire month. I would have to go check each site, one by one, to see. I just put in 5 nights. For us, we can go anytime, but I do realize most people can't. I didn't even think about the whole "weekend" thing.

We have yet to camp in the keys. Been in Florida for 12.5 years and have that on my bucket list. I suppose when I start trying to score those reservations, I will likely have to plan the full 11 months in advance.

Eleven months and 14 days.

It's still the Florida SP down there (ReserveAmerica) but you have to work the system pretty hard but there are opportunities to snag what you want.

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter