The Excitement is Definitely Building

kmsandrbs

Mouseketeer
So ... last night I was thinking. Back when I was a younger child, when special events were coming up (holidays, big trips, etc.) the night before I was always too excited to get to sleep easily (which, for me, is saying something ... I could be the picture under "sleeps like a log").

Well, our trip for Disney's 50th is still a week away and ALREADY I'm too excited to sleep easily :earsboy: !

I thought maybe some others would be suffering the same, so I came up with the Top 10 Things to Count Before a Trip to Disneyland's 50th (other than sheep):

10: Mileposts on the freeway on your way there (note: most likely only good for those driving a long distance)

9: Special 50th logos around the park (might have to restart after 50)

8: Messages you've read in various Disney discussion groups about the 50th celebration

7: Spooks/ghosts/haunts at the Haunted Mansion (may have to restart after 999)

6: Minutes in line for a dole whip

5: Fireworks explosions from "Remember ..."

4: The Mayor being dunked in POTC (we all know it happens over, and over, and over ...)

3: Golden Ears being handed out at the turnstiles

2: The number of days/hours/minutes/seconds 'til you get there (no fair just sitting there reading your countdown clock!)

And the number one thing to count:

1: Smiles on the faces of all your Disney friends and family!
:flower: :sunny: :goodvibes :) :earsboy: :earsgirl: :teeth::wizard: :rolleyes::love: pirate::grouphug: :cloud9::3dglasses :earboy2: princess: :bitelip::umbrella: :hourglass:p :wave2:

Funny, I too am a sleep junkie who can usually sleep anywhere and any time. I have not slept well for the last 2 days out of excitement for our coming trip (we leave tomorrow morning!!)

Your list was timely, for me as I totally relate and gave me a smile!

Thanks!

Suzi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter