The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I prefer crossbody bags, but given the number of Loungefly backpacks I’ve seen on people’s backs in the parks, I’m comfortable saying that many people feel they’re just fine!

ETA: just realized this is the Pooh sized thread, so let me add that Loungefly backpacks are everywhere, on all shapes and sizes of people.

I've seen them all over too. I suppose they will suit most body types, but I wanted to hear if any plus-sized people had any critiques.

But I suppose the dearth of negative reviews online means people are generally happy.

I've seen them all over too. I suppose they will suit most body types, but I wanted to hear if any plus-sized people had any critiques.

But I suppose the dearth of negative reviews online means people are generally happy.

I'm 270 lbs, about a size 18/20, and I find that the loungefly backpack straps dig into my armpits and are uncomfortable. I have a couple that I'm going to be selling. I stick exclusively with crossbody bags (though I put one of those infant car seat strap cushions on it so it doesn't rub into my neck. But I'm a park open to close person so if you're just going for a few hours, you may like the backpacks, esp cause they're so cute. If you have a loungefly backpack and a crossbody, you could bring both on your next trip and try them and see which you prefer? It's a highly individual thing.

I will say that I had no issue with the straps not being long enough - they were plenty long.

Because I know many don't want to read through all the old posts I wanted to share my experience. I am 6'3" 400lbs. My weight is fairly evenly distributed.

The only rides I have had issues with is are as follows.

Can do it, but takes a little maneuvering:
- Slinky Dog Dash (a little snug, but nothing crazy)
- Test Track (had to angle my body in a bit)
- Frozen Sing-A-Long and Muppet Vision (kind of feels like an airplane seat)
- Gran Fiesta (had to cross my legs, which was fine because I kind of needed to pee anyway)

Can do it, but was so uncomfortable I needed alcohol after:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I am pretty sure the restraints were a form of torture)
- Space Mountain (at one point, I was convinced the restraint was going to fail and I was going to become an internet story. lol)
- Tea Cups (yeaaaaahhhhh, nooooooo)

Can't do it, but really wish I could:
- Flight of Passage (sigh)

Can't do it and couldn't care less:
- Barnstormer (I'm not sad about this one)

Can do:
Pretty much everything else. Some of the rides with seatbelts like Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours, I do the trick where I stay standing, pull the belt over, connect it, then sit. Otherwise it is kind of like plugging in your phone charger in the middle of the night - just a lot of feeling around hoping you get lucky. Besides Space Mountain, I have never had a real issue on any of the coasters. Rise of the Resistance is not only amazing, but there is plenty of room. Classic dark rides are all good. I have not ridden Remy yet, but plan on riding next week. If Kali River Rapids has belt extenders, I can do it. Kali is a bit strange though, for a while they did not do extenders, then they did, then they didn't.

I am happy to answer any questions. If I am able to help, calm nerves, and give support - I am happy to do so.

Hard to say for sure... ask for the test seat before jumping in line just to be safe!
I'm about that size and I didn't get on the one time I tried it, but I have heard it's all about how you carry your weight and getting a CM that's willing to push a little. I haven't decided if I'll try again, it was pretty embarrassing.

With paying for a ILL for FoP now, what happens if you don't fit. Are you out your $15?

I looked back a bit in this thread, but it's so long... so apologies if this has been asked/answered a few times.

Anyone use a Loungefly backpack? Any issue with that? Straps long enough, etc?

I purchased a medium-sized Vera Bradley backpack before my last trip-- I've not used a backpack in years-- and I felt 'crowded' by the straps in my chest area, if that makes any sense. The thin straps on the Loungefly are appealing for that reason.

Thanks!

I'm a 2-3x and use Loungefly backpacks all the time. I just make sure to get ones where the straps do not meet at the top and favor the simpler ones simply because those with extra sewn on pieces can also weigh more. I also recommend not overloading it. The extra weight adds up quickly.

Because I know many don't want to read through all the old posts I wanted to share my experience. I am 6'3" 400lbs. My weight is fairly evenly distributed.

Can do:
Pretty much everything else. Some of the rides with seatbelts like Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours, I do the trick where I stay standing, pull the belt over, connect it, then sit. Otherwise it is kind of like plugging in your phone charger in the middle of the night - just a lot of feeling around hoping you get lucky. Besides Space Mountain, I have never had a real issue on any of the coasters. Rise of the Resistance is not only amazing, but there is plenty of room. Classic dark rides are all good. I have not ridden Remy yet, but plan on riding next week. If Kali River Rapids has belt extenders, I can do it. Kali is a bit strange though, for a while they did not do extenders, then they did, then they didn't.

I am happy to answer any questions. If I am able to help, calm nerves, and give support - I am happy to do so.
Your info is extremely helpful!
Did you ride Remy? Can you please share how those little plastic dividers were?
Thank you so much!

With paying for a ILL for FoP now, what happens if you don't fit. Are you out your $15?
Wondering this as well!
My husband fit on FOP last year So he should be good, but my dad is going with us this year and i will be booking ILL before we head to the parks and worried he doesn't fit. Did anyone ever answer you on this?

Are there any good pictures of people with various different builds and their success on different rides? A lot of the vloggers seem to have above the shoulder angles so it's hard to gauge.

Thanks

Here are my on ride photos from 2018 7DMT and SM. 5’4 size 28. Ask for your own row on 7DMT and once it takes off you can move a leg from under the restraint, just don’t let a cm see you do it before it takes off because they made me put it back under. I just moved it back until after it took off. Space, sit in the back. Use the back of the seat in front of you to pull yourself up when unloading.5260D7B5-74F8-423B-BC4D-43DD5C1322B2.jpegE71AC8B5-42DE-4B1F-A14B-0860D5A4E630.jpeg

My hubby amd I are both pooh sized. I am 5’7” and I was 350 in these photos. I easily fit on anything I wanted to ride.

These are Space Mtn, Mine Train, Roxkin Roller Coaster and ToT 🙂
264BFA36-1A2B-48AA-8C1A-C0E897C10EF1.jpeg

Attachments

• AD190D5D-DA88-4C02-872E-B6951ED7F0E5.jpeg
    AD190D5D-DA88-4C02-872E-B6951ED7F0E5.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 60C070C1-B51B-4B20-922A-892790F6F38A.jpeg
    60C070C1-B51B-4B20-922A-892790F6F38A.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2034E583-245A-4659-8A9E-BBE2C9E96CB5.jpeg
    2034E583-245A-4659-8A9E-BBE2C9E96CB5.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 41
Somewhat similar situation…We bought an ILL for our DS who was right at 44”. He was able to ride all the other rides with this height requirement so we didn’t think this ride would be an issue. After passing the first two height checks he failed the third and final check at boarding. Not only was I able to get a refund for his ILL, but I asked and received a refund for my and my DHs ILL as well since none of us rode FoP that day. We simply had to visit one of the CMs under the umbrellas to request the refund. I would assume this situation would warrant a refund as well.

Wondering this as well!
My husband fit on FOP last year So he should be good, but my dad is going with us this year and i will be booking ILL before we head to the parks and worried he doesn't fit. Did anyone ever answer you on this?
Wanting to reply back to my original post, just in case someone had the same questions as me. Both my Husband and Dad were able to ride everything. My husband is 5'9" and about 240-250 and my dad is 6'2" and around 300. Both my husband and my dad carry their weight in their stomachs. Neither had problems with FOP.
My best friend's husband is 6'3" and 360lbs and was also able to ride FOP, She said he was pretty snug and had to get a good push from behind to close the restraints. Not sure how his weight is distributed though.

Hope that helps!

Wanting to reply back to my original post, just in case someone had the same questions as me. Both my Husband and Dad were able to ride everything. My husband is 5'9" and about 240-250 and my dad is 6'2" and around 300. Both my husband and my dad carry their weight in their stomachs. Neither had problems with FOP.
My best friend's husband is 6'3" and 360lbs and was also able to ride FOP, She said he was pretty snug and had to get a good push from behind to close the restraints. Not sure how his weight is distributed though.

Hope that helps!
I wanted to provide another perspective on this. My son is 6'3" 320 and could not ride. He was able to get licked in but was so uncomfortable he had to get off. So just because it locks doesn't mean you will be able to ride.

Do any of you attempt to wear constrictive clothing on your flights? We're both pooh sized and I am more jumbo pooh sized in the hips (e.g. we fit, uncomfortably in one side of a Texas Roadhouse booth). These are very long flights on an American A321 neo. I've already purchased seat belt extenders and we have middle and aisle seats with a month and a half left to travel and so far, no one has booked the other seat in our row with the exception of the one we upgraded to economy plus and that flight is mostly sold out (middle and window seats for that one).
I would love to be part of the body positivity movement but I literally hate everything about my body, lol, and flying is the #1 reason. We were gifted these flights from FL to Hawaii for my birthday and I have not flown in 10 years because of how much I hate it. In addition to worrying about DVT, I am so worried about encroachment on the person next to me. Do any of you use items like spanx to get yourself through the day? I know it will be terribly uncomfortable but I don't have an idea how to avoid it. Please can anyone advise if they have tried this or what made them more successful for a day of long haul flights?? I'm 5'10" us size 28/30 and carry my height in my legs and my weight in my hips and breasts.

Oh and before the suggestions, no, we cannot afford to purchase an additional seat or upgrade to first class and American doesn't have the same policies as Southwest.

Do any of you attempt to wear constrictive clothing on your flights? We're both pooh sized and I am more jumbo pooh sized in the hips (e.g. we fit, uncomfortably in one side of a Texas Roadhouse booth). These are very long flights on an American A321 neo. I've already purchased seat belt extenders and we have middle and aisle seats with a month and a half left to travel and so far, no one has booked the other seat in our row with the exception of the one we upgraded to economy plus and that flight is mostly sold out (middle and window seats for that one).
I would love to be part of the body positivity movement but I literally hate everything about my body, lol, and flying is the #1 reason. We were gifted these flights from FL to Hawaii for my birthday and I have not flown in 10 years because of how much I hate it. In addition to worrying about DVT, I am so worried about encroachment on the person next to me. Do any of you use items like spanx to get yourself through the day? I know it will be terribly uncomfortable but I don't have an idea how to avoid it. Please can anyone advise if they have tried this or what made them more successful for a day of long haul flights?? I'm 5'10" us size 28/30 and carry my height in my legs and my weight in my hips and breasts.

Oh and before the suggestions, no, we cannot afford to purchase an additional seat or upgrade to first class and American doesn't have the same policies as Southwest.

I feel your pain as we are similar in size. DH and I are both around your size. We always get the seat belt extenders, and lucky for us have DD to sit between us, with all the chair arms up. I do not wear restrictive clothing as it is so uncomfortable for such a long trip. We almost always fly Alaska (from the Pacific NW, so convenient for us) because the seats actually measure a little wider then many airlines. We have been known on other airlines to sit with his arm around me to make our size smaller for the person sharing our row. I have also found that if you can put all your bags in the overhead bin, it really helps to have the leg room lower. I know the airline will want you to use that space, but if you can stretch your legs out in front of you, it is less likely that your legs will encroach on others space.

Overall my advise to you is to just grin and bear it. Most people are friendly, but if you get a grumpy flying companion, just remember that you have every right to be there as they do, and try to not let it get you down. Bring a good book, bury your nose in it and ignore them best you can. If they are friendly, then thank them for being an enjoyable traveling companion, and be as accommodating as you can. Overall, don't let the flight ruin your trip. It really is such a small part of your trip, and hopefully will be uneventful.

The only rides I have had issues with is are as follows.

Can do it, but takes a little maneuvering:
- Slinky Dog Dash (a little snug, but nothing crazy)
- Test Track (had to angle my body in a bit)
- Frozen Sing-A-Long and Muppet Vision (kind of feels like an airplane seat)
- Gran Fiesta (had to cross my legs, which was fine because I kind of needed to pee anyway)

Can do it, but was so uncomfortable I needed alcohol after:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I am pretty sure the restraints were a form of torture)
- Space Mountain (at one point, I was convinced the restraint was going to fail and I was going to become an internet story. lol)
- Tea Cups (yeaaaaahhhhh, nooooooo)

Can't do it, but really wish I could:
- Flight of Passage (sigh)

Can't do it and couldn't care less:
- Barnstormer (I'm not sad about this one)

Can do:

This is so nice to hear someone else's experiences. Does anyone know of something similar for Disneyland? I've searched the threads and so far haven't found anything more current than 2018. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find anything in the Disneyland forum either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter