The Eternals

I'm a high Marvel fan, also I was a Disney movie fan. I've seen the trailers and followed the media but I cant get into this one. Not sure why. No actors or characters Im interested in.

The reason the Avengers movie was so successful is because of the character stand-alone movies. We got to know the characters before they teamed up.

With the Eternals, practically nobody knows any of the characters, so it's difficult to get excited about the movie.

I was not very excited about this one at first because the first trailer was very low-key and honestly the charactes have never bene my favorites. That said, the second trailer made it look much better and got me more into it. I was also excited to fidn out that Black Knight was in it, though we have yet to see him in his armor.

The reason the Avengers movie was so successful is because of the character stand-alone movies. We got to know the characters before they teamed up.

The same could be said for Guardians of the Galaxy, and that turned out pretty well. They were some kooky cast-off characters fromt eh 70's too!

But Guardians of the Galaxy tied into the "big bad Thanos" story arc, so people could keep interest in it. There's no groundwork for the Eternals movie. Disney is banking on Angelina Jolie's appearance to draw people into the movie.

But Guardians of the Galaxy tied into the "big bad Thanos" story arc, so people could keep interest in it. There's no groundwork for the Eternals movie. Disney is banking on Angelina Jolie's appearance to draw people into the movie.

Yeah, but there must be a new interconnected thing brewing. I bet we'll start seeing connections in this one.

I watched it tonight. It's a pretty epic movie - long, but with a lot jammed into it. It's not as action-y as otehrs so I know that's turning some people off, but I thought it was very well done for the most part. It wasn't perfect, but it was reaching high for some things, and mostly it succeeded. I enjoyed it.

I have heard so much about this movie I am now interested in it. Yesterday my mom was waking me up and saw me watching Youtube videos of Richard Madden and my mom saw me blush and she said to me "I think you might have a new crush" and I think this factor might make Marvel's Eternals a huge hit because Icaris might be the new Star Lord and a lot of teenage girls might go see it due to this. But it's cool that Marvel is appealing to the deaf community with the character Makkari and that also might make Eternals do well too. Just wish there was a Icaris plushie out

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It was pretty long, but it never dragged or felt overly long.

I was sort of confused about what they were doing with that one deviant who was absorbing Eternals. I thought they were going somewhere else with that, but then they just killed it.

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. It was pretty long, but it never dragged or felt overly long.

I was sort of confused about what they were doing with that one deviant who was absorbing Eternals. I thought they were going somewhere else with that, but then they just killed it.

Yeah, there is definitely some confusion over who or what the villain actually is. That Deviant was evolving though, something that had been denied to them. In the comics, most Deviants are more humanoid, so I thought they were going that direction. I did really like that they used the Earth X concept of Celestials born inside of planets - that can also tie into Galactus, though I didn't think they were going to go that far, which they didnt.

The first end stinger was really weird - I felt like it was off somehow, like it had to tell us exactly who those people were. The second stinger had me excited, as I had hoped to see more of Black Knight in this movie -but at least they're setting him up.

Yeah, there is definitely some confusion over who or what the villain actually is. That Deviant was evolving though, something that had been denied to them. In the comics, most Deviants are more humanoid, so I thought they were going that direction. I did really like that they used the Earth X concept of Celestials born inside of planets - that can also tie into Galactus, though I didn't think they were going to go that far, which they didnt.

The first end stinger was really weird - I felt like it was off somehow, like it had to tell us exactly who those people were. The second stinger had me excited, as I had hoped to see more of Black Knight in this movie -but at least they're setting him up.

I had seen the spoilers beforehand about Harry Styles and was really skeptical, but I gotta say I don't hate it. I'm interested to see where that goes.

Apparently the voice at the end of the Black Knight scene was Blade? I didn't recognize the voice.

I had seen the spoilers beforehand about Harry Styles and was really skeptical, but I gotta say I don't hate it. I'm interested to see where that goes.

Apparently the voice at the end of the Black Knight scene was Blade? I didn't recognize the voice.

Yeah, I read that this morning. It's surprising conidering the characters have no real connection, plus how would we recognize his voice when he hasn't shown up yet?

I think Marvel's Eternals has the smart sense to become a blockbuster hit and if they see that Eternals is a huge hit Marvel just might make Eternals their next franchise like Guardians Of The Galaxy and The Avengers series. But what I think will make Eternals a surprise hit is the fact that besides Richard Madden being one of the big stars of the movie is Angelina Jolie because Angelina Jolie's movies are always a huge hit. But I think we are seeing the newest Marvel franchise made and this will mark a new beginning for Marvel

I really enjoyed it, but as others have said it was a little unsatisfying to have no resolution at the end, and no real introduction of the Black Knight. Of course a sequel is coming, but it would have been nice (IMO) to see a little more finality at the end.

I thought, as an actress, Angelina Jolie was wasted in this film. Honestly, her role could've been played by just about any other actress. She would have been better served to have been behind the camera directing the film.

I'd been looking forward to this coming on Disney+ after missing it on the big screen. Wasn't sure what to expect but did not expect to turn it off less than an hour into it. That's definitely a first for me when it comes to Marvel.

I think I'll file this one under "not for me." I felt I was stuck in an endless prologue waiting for the movie to actually start and nothing about the characters engaged me at all. I would have forgiven that but I can't see a thing in the night scenes! It was so bad I thought the TV was broken but the brightness was up full. The fact that I'm not even looking up the plot on the Internet just to know what happens is very telling for me as I'm usually too nosy and need to know.

Definitely my least favourite Marvel entry so far.

I saw The Eternals on Disney+ while waiting for my dinner and boy I was surprised at it and I think Marvel's gonna win a bunch of Oscars for it because The Eternals has loads of action scenes that were so well done. And Oh, My Gosh I was in love with Ikaris and every scene he appeared in I would start melting and blushing each time he appeared and Richard Madden was just so cute as Ikaris and it seemed that Marvel picked this role especially for Richard because Ikaris had to be cute. I loved the romance scenes that Sersi and Ikaris had because they were really cute together and they had a nice wedding scene too. I hope that would be me and Ikaris someday. My mom saw part of The Eternals with me and she too was impressed and wants to see it herself sometime. But it's a cool movie from what I saw of it but as I said earlier I hope Marvel scores a lot of Oscars for it. Just hope I don't dream about Ikaris tonight

My mom got to see The Eternals today and her view of it was very boring and according to my mom she felt that it lacked a storyline and she thought it would have more action and be more interesting but she had to turn it off after watching it. But Mom was in love with Ikaris and thought he looked handsome and that was it. When my mom finally had enough of The Eternals my mother told my dad "I give up we'll just buy it and let Dodger watch it since Dodger LOVES Ikaris so much" and I can see why The Eternals will go down in Marvel history as the weakest link of Marvel movies and the only reasons I think the film was a minor hit was because of not only Angelina Jolie but because of Richard Madden and Ikaris and after The Eternals Richard Madden will become even more big in films and Ikaris will be the new hot Marvel character just like Chris Pratt did with Star Lord in Guardians Of The Galaxy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter