The Dolphin/Swan - Do you feel like ....

you are IN Disney?

Do you feel any less in Disney than you would at a Disney resort?

I have stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin. From my room at the Dolphin I could see the Boardwalk and the Tower of Terror. From my room at the Swan, I could see Epcot's Spaceship Earth. You can't get much more Disney than that.

We could WALK to Epcot in 10 minutes and to MGM in 15 minutes. If we were too tired to walk, there was a very nice boat to take us.

swilphil said:
I have stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin. From my room at the Dolphin I could see the Boardwalk and the Tower of Terror. From my room at the Swan, I could see Epcot's Spaceship Earth. You can't get much more Disney than that.

We could WALK to Epcot in 10 minutes and to MGM in 15 minutes. If we were too tired to walk, there was a very nice boat to take us.
I agree entirely. They are both beautiful resorts and the service we have had there has been wonderful. As for the Disney Magic. That is a frame of mind :wave:

when we stayed at the Dolphin that it would not "feel" like Disney but we were wrong! The staff was great, the decorations for Christmas were very cool and the lobby store had a lot of Disney characters in their display. Our room was incredible with a great view of Epcot and the Boardwalk. That alone made it feel more like Disney. The Swan and Dolphin are great resorts and you will enjoy your visit!

We've been to both, and you absolutely can feel the magic. I consider Epcot to be our favorite park, with MK a close second, so the location is perfect for us. We love strolling the Boardwalk and looking out over the lake.

I'd have to say we prefer the Dolphin, but they are so similar that it's hard to differentiate.

As stated above - How can you not feel like you are in WDW when you look out your window over ToT, Spaceship Earth, Boardwalk/ Crescent Lake? When you can walk in & out of Epcot & MGM in minutes? When Disney Buses & Boats await your transportation needs?

To be perfectly honest, I love the location, amenities & level of service so much at the Dolphin, I find it very hard to come up with any reason to stay anywhere else in WDW..... I have stayed at several WDW resorts & the Dolphin is my Home in WDW....

Yes, it feels like you are in Disney. The hotel's theming is very whimsical, and you can see either BWK/BC/Epcot, the Dolphin, or MGM from your window! The location is great too -the boat to either MGM or Epcot is shared with the other resorts mentioned above, so there is no difference, except maybe that there are convention people staying there...but many of them have their families with them (Dad is wearing a nametag, as he sits with his family to have dinner). The pools are better than some of the Disney resorts' pools. The lobbies of both hotels are amazing! The food is a bit expensive, but also very good. It is fun too, because the four hotels are close together so you can stroll between them. There is also a concierge service and Ticketing in the lobby...so they can help with allof your Disney needs. Gosh, I sound like a brochure, but I really liked these hotels.

I stayed at the dolphin last weekend and loved it...but I will admit, I DIDNT feel like I was in disney when I was there. It has a different feel to it. That is the only thing that I really disliked there. I love seeing the disney animation everywhere and did not get that there.....but like mentioned above you are so close to the parks so when you walk over to the boardwalk and see the epcot ball you remember you are in disney! :earboy2:

This was our fourth year staying at the Dolphin during spring break. Our kids are older, so we didn't mind the Disney feeling not being over the top. But this year made us decide to go back to Disney property. We hit a big convention, and the crowded lobby and bars, and problems getting our room cleaned, well, it just didn't feel like Disney there this time. Grown-ups in suits were everywhere!
We left early our last day and hung out at the Grand Floridian, where I hope to spend next year. So I guess it's when you hit it. I'm staying there a night with my sister this summer, but won't stay there again with my kids. :earsgirl:

Look out the window on one side of the building and you can see Spaceship Earth. Look out the window on the other side of the building and you can see the Tower of Terror.

Can you say that about another resort at WDW (I don't think you can even see the ToT from YC/BC because the buildings are too low (but I could be wrong about that)? That you can see landmarks in two separate parks?

Plus you are within walking distance of two parks -Epcot and MGM also unique (except for its neighbors YC/BC and Boardwalk, of course).

So you don't get Mickey as your wake up call or have Disney soaps, etc. All I know is what better way to wake up in the morning then opening my blinds and seeing Epcot!!!! Having breakfast in the club lounge and seeing the Tower of Terror. All my other views at the other resorts I've stayed at has been greenery. There was nothing like sitting out on our balcony every night watching Illuminations right from our room.
Can't get more Disney feel than that!!!!!

DisneyFans4 said:
So you don't get Mickey as your wake up call or have Disney soaps, etc. All I know is what better way to wake up in the morning then opening my blinds and seeing Epcot!!!! Having breakfast in the club lounge and seeing the Tower of Terror. All my other views at the other resorts I've stayed at has been greenery. There was nothing like sitting out on our balcony every night watching Illuminations right from our room.
Can't get more Disney feel than that!!!!!

Yea, what they said!

You're in Disney, but with a better view of Spaceship Earth from their high floors while sleeping on a better bed! When you do leave your bed and view you get better coffee in your coffee maker, better soap in your bathroom, and more restaurant choices within steps! What better way to start and end your day with Mickey?

Debbie
PS The word BETTER was not hurt or physically abused during the making of this post. It was just used way too much.

We love Swan and Dolphin. My kids love Dolphin more because of Tubbys! :) We very much feel like we are in Disney and the beds are divine!!

mommykds said:
you are IN Disney?

Yes. On our last stay at the Dolphin we could watch the EPCOT fireworks from our bed and could see the Tower of Terror from our other window. During the day a great view of the lake. You can either walk or take a boat to both EPCOT or MGM. It is truely great.

Absolutely--watching Illuminations fireworks from my balcony always puts me in a Disney mood!

Plus, you get the added benefit of lower price and earning points toward future stays and a fabulous bed. Can't beat that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter