The Do and Don't of Room Service

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

On our last two DCL cruises, we haven't even tried the Room Service once.

I was wondering if you had tried it and if you did, what items on the menu you liked or disliked?

How was it (quality and did it arrive cold/hot/wet/yucky?)

Looking for reviews and recommendations here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi!

On our last two DCL cruises, we haven't even tried the Room Service once.

I was wondering if you had tried it and if you did, what items on the menu you liked or disliked?

Looking for reviews and recommendations here.

Thanks in advance!
Well, we've only used Room Service once. That was when my husband was quarantined for 24 hours. I had the BLT - it was good.

We used it twice on our cruise, for breakfast and a late night snack. Be sure to tip the delivery person!

Breakfast for an early port day--filled out the form and hung it on the door before we went to bed, and it was delivered at the start of the 1/2 hr window we checked off--it made for a great wake up call as well! We got lots of pastries, 2 fruit bowls, cereal, coffee, etc.
8-11DSCN5658.JPG

Snack for our last night--ordered around 10:45PM, came within 15 minutes. 1 All Hands on Deck cheese plate, 2 Mickey Bars!
8-14DSCN1276.JPG

We have ordered a margarita pizza and chicken quesadilla from room service. Yum. I am not sure if they still offer the quesadilla. I hope so. It was great.

Kate

I have heard that the steak sandwich is good but have never had it and don't know if they still even offer it?

I didn't like the grilled cheese sandwich. Other stuff has been good. Oddly, they couldn't just give me mint tea bags. They said they would bring a selection. Only came with 2 and 2 of us wanted to drink lots of mint tea. After that, I just kept getting my own tea up on the deck. I tip $4-$5 for 2 people dining.

Never bothered with it. I'd rather be out and about than in the cabin.

Another vote for the All Hands on Deck platter. It's a nice afternoon snack, especially if you have second seating for dinner. Other things we've gotten from room service are: chicken tenders and fries, Mickey bars, chocolate chip cookies, fresh fruit, and pastries and donuts for breakfast. We've enjoyed everything we've gotten from room service.

We loved the All Hands on Deck cheese plate, Mickey bars, hot tea, and salads. And fruit plates. We ordered every afternoon. (We had late dinner.)

My wife liked the soup (I forget what kind she ordered). I liked the BLT. We ordered the wings several times (teen boys). They weren't the BEST, but they were OK. Breakfast items the night before was great for mornings we had an early departure. All hands on Deck (cheese platter) was great. Interesting to see how much it varies each time you order it. One thing that never varied, not enough crackers. Next time I will request extra or just bring a box of our own.

Tip your server! Enjoy. The service was fairly fast. (usually 15 minutes or less). They were very patient and helpful on the phone. One time, we called them about 15 minutes after placing an order. They were worried that our first order did not arrive. I told them that was not it. It was that our two sons showed up between the time we ordered and the time we arrived, so the food was already gone. They immediately doubled our order and sent it again!

Usually we prefer to be out too but I don't know what my in-laws (who are sailing with us) will want to do... so I'd like to take as much info about it as I can.
Tips are usually about $1 per item/per person (someone can correct me) it's not required but that's what I've seen suggested. So if DH and I order 2 things we tip $4. It's a great option if you need an afternoon rest in between adventures.

Tips are usually about $1 per item/per person (someone can correct me) it's not required but that's what I've seen suggested. So if DH and I order 2 things we tip $4. It's a great option if you need an afternoon rest in between adventures.

Good to know. Thank you.

We have had the breakfast a couple of times when we had an early start for excursions, which was nice. I adore the steak sandwich, and DH adores the all hands on deck! The service has always been very quick and the food has been hot. No complaints :)

Claire :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter