The DIS radio will come back!

FredQc

Fred
It makes my day! I am listening today episode of The DIS Unplugged and getting very excited by Pete’s statement that he plans to bring back the DIS radio!

For those who don’t know, the DIS radio was a web radio broadcasting Disney parks musics 24/24. It was discontinued in June 2012. At that time, Pete explained that money spent in that radio was going to be reinvested in another major project (probably the move of the Dis Unplugged to a video format, I assume).

Pete stated that a DJ is involved in the project. No launch date has been announced.

It makes my day! I am listening today episode of The DIS Unplugged and getting very excited by Pete’s statement that he plans to bring back the DIS radio!

For those who don’t know, the DIS radio was a web radio broadcasting Disney parks musics 24/24. It was discontinued in June 2012. At that time, Pete explained that money spent in that radio was going to be reinvested in another major project (probably the move of the Dis Unplugged to a video format, I assume).

Pete stated that a DJ is involved in the project. No launch date has been announced.
I know it’s on Live365 but I wish Pete would make it an app or an Alexa skill!!

Very cool!
I'm in Canada but hoping to figure out how to make it work for us. (I'm sure there's a fix)

@WebmasterJackie any chance you can ask Pete about us internationals who want to listen? Is it a Live365 issue as in they don't allow international streaming or is it a setting that a radio admin needs to change to allow international streaming?

@WebmasterJackie any chance you can ask Pete about us internationals who want to listen? Is it a Live365 issue as in they don't allow international streaming or is it a setting that a radio admin needs to change to allow international streaming?
So happy to see that you were able to access DIS Radio with your VPN! YAY!

We've been listening and it is amazing! My wife and daughters love it. :love:

Thank you , thank you , thank you!
It makes my day ! :dance3:
It brings Disney at home. :love:

Is the station currently available on Alexa, or is that coming later, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I just asked Alexa, and she called it "Live Radio"(pronounced as in "I live here" - she didn't know it at all when I called it "Live" - as in "live music". But then she called it "Live 365", as in "Live Music" 365. Weird.
But when I asked for The DIS radio, or DIS Unplugged Radio, she kept asking me "What genre are you looking for?", and just kept asking and asking, and asking (I was getting SO annoyed!!!) and had NO suggestions for "Disney" or "Disney theme park" as genres.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter