The Ding fare got me!!!!

Cyndo723

Mouseketeer
I just booked DD and I on SW from New Orleans to Orlando for $29 each way. (Total ticket with fees: $75.80 each). Booked Pop for 3nights with 1day base tickets for $387.22. Because I'm already within 45 days I had to pre-pay everything in full. Now I have to decide how much to upgrade my tickets when I get there. I've never done anything this spontaneous or impulsive, but it was just too good to pass up. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Cyndo723 said:
I just booked DD and I on SW from New Orleans to Orlando for $29 each way. (Total ticket with fees: $75.80 each). Booked Pop for 3nights with 1day base tickets for $387.22. Because I'm already within 45 days I had to pre-pay everything in full. Now I have to decide how much to upgrade my tickets when I get there. I've never done anything this spontaneous or impulsive, but it was just too good to pass up. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

How did you get the 29 each way.. I tried to book from New Orleans to Orlando and I see a price of 69 each way? Thanks :wave2: I would love to be able to get the same deal you did :)

MOM POPPINS said:
How did you get the 29 each way.. I tried to book from New Orleans to Orlando and I see a price of 69 each way? Thanks :wave2: I would love to be able to get the same deal you did :)

Robin--

It's a Ding! fare from Southwest. You have to be registered to get the dings (low fares)

Ding registration

Are they still doing free dining? Did you get it?

The fare was a ding. You have to be registered for the service, and it is for today only. I missed one about 2 weeks ago and have been kicking myself since. When it came up today, I was so excited I could barely enter the information into the website fast enough. You can only get one fare at a time, so I had to book the first one for me, then go back and do the same for DD.

Yes I did get the free dining. I can't believe how cheap this trip is going to be. I just wish it were for more than 3 days. But DD is in high school and really can't afford to miss more school this early in the year. My only problem is whether to invest in 10 day tickets for future use. I also am thinking about upgrading to CBR or POFQ because I really enjoy the mods, but for just a quick trip, Pop is probably OK. If DD can get a friend to go with her, I will definitely upgrade. I really like CSR but it's not available. Would you recommend CBR or POFQ?

Sweet Maxine,

My profile lists NO as my primary airport. Don't know if that makes a difference. There are a lot of cities listed.

wonder if they are now targetting the DING fares....

all the DING fares posted today are for our home airport BUF

at least if they continue to do it this way, we will not have to wade through all the flights being offered in other markets

OMG, that's awesome rate.

I pay more than in taxes/fees for our tickets!

hrec.

lawgs said:
all the DING fares posted today are for our home airport BUF

Ditto here, but my home airport is Nashville. I always enjoy looking at other neighboring cities (since I'm almost 200 miles from Nashville anyway) but they did show a lot more destination cities than usual.

Sheila

I purchased my DING fare a few months ago from Phl to Mco....now I just saw a post that it went lower than what I got.

Is there a way to get the lower fare? I don't have DING downloaded anymore...computer problems. But I'd love to even get a voucher for a future flight. How do I do it? Phone number to call?

Cyndo723 said:
The fare was a ding. You have to be registered for the service, and it is for today only. I missed one about 2 weeks ago and have been kicking myself since. When it came up today, I was so excited I could barely enter the information into the website fast enough. You can only get one fare at a time, so I had to book the first one for me, then go back and do the same for DD.

You can book more than one ticket at a time. You just have to enter the number of passengers on the main page before you click on "book now".

I updated my registration so that MCO is my home airport--within 15-20 minutes, I had a new updated "Ding"...it was the same special, but listed all the cities in/out of Orlando.

Thanks tarmand, next time I'll know to put in the number of passengers first.....

I was so excited that I just clicked the book now without looking at the way the page worked. When I went to book it came up for only one person. So I booked myself, then went through the process again. I was nervous that the same flights wouldn't be available again, but they were. Then this afternoon, her best friend got permission to go with us, and I was able to get her the same price. DD and her friend are 16. They are so excited about the free dining. I usually make my kids share meals to save money. This way we each get to pick a table service restaurant to try that we've never been to before.

Wow - I thought my $32 fair from New Orleans to Orlando was great.

I've been in Little Rock, and the airfare from here to Orlando is usually at least $250 roundtrip and usually more. The NO air fares look pretty good after that.

Cyndo, What are your travel dates if you don't mind posting them?

We live in Houma and would like to see if DING works for us. Cindy

the current ding on our computer runs out tonight at 10:00 pm central time

you best hurry on this ...of course there might be other good fares too....

this is all probably based upon load factors

plus word of mouth will go a long way....

We're going Sept. 15-18. The girls will miss one day of school. I hope the crowds are not too bad.

Great! I booked the $56/RT flight on an impulse on www.vacationexpress.com featured last month for a trip in September with my DD, DH, DB and my folks, but got the $48 DING! fare from SDF to MCO today, which would have saved me nearly half on my original trip in October (canceled it and moved it up to Sept. on vac exp). That's the lowest I've seen SW go on a DING! fare to MCO from SDF, although the fare to Chicago Midway was nothing special (I fly SWA once a mo. for business...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter