The DDA Trouble Free Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeyorecln said:
I remember doing that too. I miss the drive-ins. They were great. :sunny:

I used to LOVE going to the drive-in. Mom would have us all in our jammies, and she would make her world famous brownies, a HUGE sack of popcorn, and several thermos bottles of Kool-Aid and water. Then we'd all drive to the movies and enjoy a cheap family night out! It was great. It was usually a double feature with something more "grown-up" for the second feature. Us kids would usually fall asleep, and mom and dad could have a peaceful "date" for the second feature. Ahhh, good times. We've done it a couple of times with our kids, but it's getting harder and harder to stay up later for hubby and me. Guess we're fuddy duddies.

Brendita said:
Busy busy week.
Packed up the hallway lithos.
About 35 to 40, all Disney.
Packed up the den.
Spakled all the holes.
Sprayed the texture.
Saturday I'll paint the den & hall.
Move the P.C's & desks to the den.
Then DH is moving into the 3rd bedroom.
We had used for the P.C's before.
He says he won't contise the D.
For now he's being so nice.
Even Ramiro thinks he's up to something.
I just hope it stays this way.
At least as long as we have to share this house.

Brenda, I'm keep you and your son in my prayers through all this. Here's hoping your husband doesn't pull something last minute. I wish I lived closer so I could help you with all the painting, packing, etc.

tink2020 said:
Ok, I just had to share this :rotfl:

Kyle is too cute..... I've told him time and again that he should at least read along, and that the DISboards are NOT just for Disney nuts.....

So for a few days he's at least made an effort to read over my shoulder.

Well, he totally signed up for an account :rolleyes: I said something today, and he told me he had already done it! He won't post anything yet, but we've almost got him hooked. ..... ;)

Welcome, Kyle. Don't lurk! Jump right in. We need more testosterone. Paul, Kevin and Mac need someone else to help the balance.

ETA: I almost forgot Kitchensinkguy! Can't forget him! You guys should post more!

Glynis said:
We've done it a couple of times with our kids, but it's getting harder and harder to stay up later for hubby and me. Guess we're fuddy duddies.

forget staying up our hardest part is finding a drive in that is running....they are becoming extinct!!

KristineN said:
I like the design a lot...if you had time and some pics you add yourselves to it...I threw 2 of my kids in...
Either way...looks great! :teeth:
m2.jpg

That's cool but my DD17 says "You aren't putting my face on there!" She wants to be able to wear it to school and stuff when our trip is over and won't with her face on there. However, I might make an additional t-shirt for myself with the faces. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

tinknme said:
I am going to try & be brave lol I will let you know :)

Hey, I HATE creepy crawlies, and I LOVE ITTBAB. It's so cute, and Disneyfied, that you forget they are bugs. Do it, you'll be fine!

UP Disney said:
That's cool but my DD17 says "You aren't putting my face on there!" She wants to be able to wear it to school and stuff when our trip is over and won't with her face on there. However, I might make an additional t-shirt for myself with the faces. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

:rotfl: I believe it....3 of mine are still young enough I can "make" them...or at least try :teeth:

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
I have tried to catch up to all of you chatty folks. In the meanwhile, I now have a few more ideas to think about. :confused:
Love the autograph book idea. I know DD will definitely be in love with all the characters there, so I need to work on that.
Also, the pillowcase is another great idea. DD loves to have her pillow around :love: , and I think I will have to try that as well.
Our final trip documents made it in the mail today :Pinkbounc . so, now it all feels so real.
Started on the tshirts today too. Good thing I had a couple of spares. I left the iron on too long for the first one I did, and it scorched just a little :eek: . The rest turned out fine. Now only about 25 or so more to do. :scared:

DD's mouth is starting to heal, so I keep telling her "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!" :rotfl: I feel like putting her in a plastic bubble until we leave :rotfl:

I knew you would be able to do the shirts! Do they look good? Post pics of your daughter wearing them. I love to see them! I'm trying to decide whether or not to do shirts for my neighbors 5 kids for their March DL trip. I know it would make them happy, but do I have enough time? Right now, I'm making autograph books for the 5 of them, putting together a touring plan for DL, do I have time to do shirts? If I can get my act together, plan my days a little better, I just might have time to do it!

babytrees said:
forget staying up our hardest part is finding a drive in that is running....they are becoming extinct!!

Aint that the truth. The one here that was open for a lot of years finally closed down for good. :(
I have a special place in my heart for drive-ins. That was where DH and I went out on our first date--a blind date. :flower3:

Glynis said:
I knew you would be able to do the shirts! Do they look good? Post pics of your daughter wearing them. I love to see them! I'm trying to decide whether or not to do shirts for my neighbors 5 kids for their March DL trip. I know it would make them happy, but do I have enough time? Right now, I'm making autograph books for the 5 of them, putting together a touring plan for DL, do I have time to do shirts? If I can get my act together, plan my days a little better, I just might have time to do it!

Glynis..You are a saint! :teeth: I need to take a spin around the "hood" to see if I can find a neighbor who will do all of that for me!! :rotfl2:

tinker1bell said:
Aint that the truth. The one here that was open for a lot of years finally closed down for good. :(
I have a special place in my heart for drive-ins. That was where DH and I went out on our first date--a blind date. :flower3:

You went on a blind date to the drive in??? :eek:
I thought dates at the drive in were for getting busy!
Did you go with another couple? :sad1:
Obviously it turned out great!

Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

Last night we had movie night - Wedding Crashers and then this morning Julia and I had girls day out -

we started with her American Girl Fashion Show Audition - all they did was measure her to see if she is the right size and htey will let us know in two weeks - it has nothing to do with what they look like - just their sizing - so we will have to wait and see - you will all appreciate this =

as we left Julia said -

Mommy, when is the audition -

I told her that was the audition to which she responded -

"that wasn't a very good audition - they didn't even ask me to sing or dance!!" :rotfl:

here is her picture that we turned in for the show:

jukl.jpg

then we went to Don Pablos for lunch - YUMMY and then went shopping -

we are headed out for dinner but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

kate

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

Last night we had movie night - Wedding Crashers and then this morning Julia and I had girls day out -

we started with her American Girl Fashion Show Audition - all they did was measure her to see if she is the right size and htey will let us know in two weeks - it has nothing to do with what they look like - just their sizing - so we will have to wait and see - you will all appreciate this =

as we left Julia said -

"that wasn't a very good audition - they didn't even ask me to sing or dance!!" :rotfl:

jukl.jpg

kate

She is just way too smart!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her - let us know what they say ok ::yes::

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

as we left Julia said -

jukl.jpg

kate

Great photo...Too cute!!

Princess Nancy said:
You went on a blind date to the drive in??? :eek:
I thought dates at the drive in were for getting busy!
Did you go with another couple? :sad1:
Obviously it turned out great!

Strange turn of events. His Aunt and my Mom were very good friends and his family was in San Diego for a visit. When I got on the phone with her, I asked how old he was and when I heard his brother (Bob) was my age, I said I would take the older one. After watching Hayle Mills in "The Trouble With Angels", Yes :eek: ---we made out during the second one. I still cannot remember what the movie was.
His brother and some girl were in the back seat and we kept fogging up the windows so he would reach over and turn on the AC :rotfl: Two more dates after that and then they continued with their vacation.
About 4 weeks later he wrote me and professed his love. Then I wrote back saying I felt the very same. Three years of a lot of long distance correspondence and phone calls before we got married. If I totaled it all up, we were together various times for about six months. I was a military brat and he had joined to Navy to be close to me at one point before my family was transferred all the way to Key West.
In June it will be 37 years. I will have known him for 40 years. He is definately a keeper. :hug:

dumby said:
Try again it works just fine for me.

It also doesn't work for me. I tried much earlier today and tried again just now. I can see the power rangers but not fairy godmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter