The Days do Disney Dream PTR

jtlover

DIS Veteran
This trip we have decided to go on the Disney cruise, Dream. I blame Wayne; as well as Mandy for their trip reports :rotfl2:

Cast

Me: Rachel love all things Disney and wouldn't save for any other holiday:thumbsup2

DH: Kevin who also loves Disney, well he must do as we have been since 1991!

DD: Lauren who has been brought up with Disney so she doesn't know any better:rotfl:

DDBF: Shane, Lauren's boyfriend. We took him in 2010 and he now knows why we love it in WDW

We go at the end August and we always try and do something different each time we go, and this time we are definitely doing something new:worship:

Night before we are staying in the Travelodge which is a first for us but we have booked two rooms for less than £30 for the two, it was a no brainer. We are now deciding whether to drive two cars or to get the coach. We will also probably eat at Giraffe the night before as we liked it last year, as well as a few piña coladas for me:banana: update we are going on the train. First Great Western have a gatwick flyaway ticket which will cost us £60 for the 4 adults so ed are doing that as the train station is 5 minutes from the house.

On the day of the flight we will go in the No 1 lounge as we have been in this lounge for the last few years and it is great to relax before hand. Plus we always take a few cans with us onto the plane as it takes ages before we can get a drink.

Flight is with Virgin who we usually fly with, by the way we are going from Gatwick. 11.15 am flight.

When we arrive we are going to All Star Movies for a few nights. We have booked preferred rooms, as we really want to go in either toy story or 101 dalmatians. We booked about a month ago with a really good deal. I paid £124 for 2 nights so was really pleased with that.

We are not going to the parks on first few days. In fact we are going shopping on 1st September, I understand there is a sale this weekend so I am happy:rotfl2: shopping is my favourite hobby and I love to shop at the outlets in Florida. I am particularly looking for a new Dooney handbag and Yankee candles.

On 2nd September we are going on the Disney Dream cruise, which is a first for us. Very excited about this. We are on a 4 night cruise around the Bahamas. We are also renewing our wedding vows which I think will happen on the day we get to Nassau:love: Celebrating 22 years but it could have only been 5 years as I just wanted the excuse to do this. Again because of these boards I decided to do this:cool1: renewal is on 3rd. September at 4.00pm

On 6th September we are then heading to Saratoga Springs Resort which we love. We have stayed here now for the last 3 years and we love it as it is relaxing. We have booked a 2 bed villa and hope to be in Congress Park as we like to look over at DTD

We are going to all the Disney parks including the water parks. We are also going to MNSSHP as we think it will be on whilst we are are there:wizard:

We are on the dining plan and here are our bookings

Ohanas for dinner
Bistro de France for dinner. Update this is being refurbed so we are now eating at Ragland Road
Sci-fi diner
Yak and Yeti
Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner
Rainforest Cafe for lunch
Tep Enedo for dinner

We have also booked the GF garden tea as this is Lauren's fav thing to do as well as Ohanas for breakfast and Chef Mickeys but we might cancel the last one. We have also booked crystal palace for the last morning breakfast

So that is it all summed up and we can't wait.

I will post some of the Disney vow renewal bits that we are putting together at some point.

I will add some photos of our last trips shortly as I can't work out how do to if for the ipad:confused3

Sounds like an amazing trip :thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing some pics :cool1:

It all sounds wonderful :goodvibes especially your vow renewal. :love:

DH and I were both keen to do this on our cruise next year seeing as it's to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary but I don't think we're going to be able to afford it as well as excursions so the vow renewal will have to wait until another time. I'll enjoy reading all about yours instead. :goodvibes

I came up with the vow renewal because of these boards. Someone had a renewal which gave me the idea.

I will put some of the bits on this thread to show what we are having on the renewal once I work it out :rotfl2:

I do know that there are 3 celebrations on our cruise so that will be fun. One of them is an actual wedding on castaway cay island.

if anyone is interested attached are some of the bits we have picked for the renewal

DW_page-thumb_1211AR_0477DZa1.jpg

and some more. the photo above is the Disney bouquet I am going to order but hopefully add some colour to match Kevin's tie

the tiara I am buying, theme is butterflies other than Disney:thumbsup2
334618776_o1.jpg

the cake but without the flowers, I like the ribbon so have asked if they can do that. Found this pic on the web.
38293_817743957509_11802355_44241175_2821316_n1.jpg

the cufflinks for Kevin and Shane
KGrHqUOKnQE2dbV2lvwBN1eopUhjQ0_31.jpg

The shoes I am wearing, but you do realise I cant put the dress on here as Kevin will see it
KGrHqFnME8VV4pBjBPMTs6MTRg60_11.jpg

Kevin and Shane are wearing these ties which I ordered today
black_spots_on_purple_tie_11.jpg

Not the bouquet but the crystal butterflies I have ordered to go in my bouquet
CB-Dp2kKGrHqIOKjgE02TnB-mBNJu1iSoQ_31.jpg

I am also going to do a live trip report when we are there, other than on the Disney Dream cruise as I cant get free internet there.

You have chosen some beautiful items, love the shoes & the cuff links & ties &, actually love them all. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel, everything looks beautiful. We will be just getting back as you are going this time. One day we may actually get to meet up at Disney.

Can't wait to read more about your plans.

Rachel, everything looks beautiful. We will be just getting back as you are going this time. One day we may actually get to meet up at Disney.

Can't wait to read more about your plans.

I know, it makes me laugh the we always seem to do that:rotfl2:

It has now been confirmed that our renewal is going to be 4.00 pm. On Monday 3rd September:cool1:

We have got the outside decking area in Palo on Nassau day which looks really nice. Now can't wait.

Anyone know what this area is like?

That is a beautiful location on the ship because you're so high up and you get great views! What a wonderful idea to have your VR and I am loving the butterfly theme... I love butterflies - loving the crystals for the bouquet!

I really like the sound of your trip ... eeek I had no idea that there were sales that first weekend in September! We fly out on the 30th August to Miami and drive up to Orlando on the Friday morning. Where did you find out about the sales?

Afternoon Tea is one of my favourites too - I just wrote about it on one of my recent Trip Report days :)

Oh yayyy a live report hopefully I'll get to read along if I can whilst in the parks - I need to do a PTR STAT!

That is a beautiful location on the ship because you're so high up and you get great views! What a wonderful idea to have your VR and I am loving the butterfly theme... I love butterflies - loving the crystals for the bouquet!

I really like the sound of your trip ... eeek I had no idea that there were sales that first weekend in September! We fly out on the 30th August to Miami and drive up to Orlando on the Friday morning. Where did you find out about the sales?

Afternoon Tea is one of my favourites too - I just wrote about it on one of my recent Trip Report days :)

Oh yayyy a live report hopefully I'll get to read along if I can whilst in the parks - I need to do a PTR STAT!

Thanks for that, we wondered what the Palo out deck was like as we cant find hardly any pictures. Is it on the corner to the left?

I can't remember where I heard about the sales, possibly the actual outlet website:confused3

Your plans sound wonderful, especially the vow renewel :cloud9:
The deck outside Palo and Remy is a really lovely area, the perfect spot
I love the butterfly touches, so pretty
Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Your plans sound wonderful, especially the vow renewel :cloud9:
The deck outside Palo and Remy is a really lovely area, the perfect spot
I love the butterfly touches, so pretty
Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Imam now getting very excited about the VR just wish I could be there now:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter