~The Daily Grind~ 8/21/09

Strorms were NASTY lighten hitting as thunder is crashing.
we've got 6" ruts in the driveway, I actually think 1/2 my stone is now in CT since the brook under the driveway goes to the white river and that flows in to the conn river.
Our library flooded again we got the call that it was abt. 6-12" below the glass on the door. I'm in it up to my underwear and the fireman in full uniform pulls in ( along with the highway crew) to help and hands me the hose:scared1: couldn't believe it, still can't. thank god the door has an awesome seal and only abt an inch got in. I've got to upload the pics so the town manager can see the mess then I'll post one Hopefully the kid got one besides my butt.

Christy, I'll look for your driveway and stones in our brook and send them back.

I am so sorry to hear about the flooding, hopefully the damage isn't that bad in the library.

Po3, now ya tell me. ;) lol My SIL gave me domeboro that she got from CVS. Started it Thursday night and it is working at drying it up.

i'm sorry. i was m.i.a. for a few days and then when i read it, it hit me that that's what you needed!

christy- really, pick some up for when you need it!

KOSHER SALT. yup. you take a bath in put the salt in the water. drys it up in a jiffy. you get it at the grocery store. mom did it and it dried it up like nothing. it worked awesome. since then i have passed this on to others and they always come back and tell me how good it worked. HOPEFULLY it will work for you as well.

I told her that but she didn't want to listen to me!!!!

Thanks for looking Lisa, Husband went to play at the fair so drive is still a mess. oh well they said 2-5 inches this weekend so I'm sure there's more comming.

Thank god one of the libraians that can get downstairs got there and go the rugs up before they got wet. no books ruined but the shelves are taking it hard.

:confused3
she should have listen to you buffy!
I did listen to you, :worship: I went to the dr. didn't I. It was DH's suggestion that I didn't listen to. :eek: Had he just suggested the salt I would have been okay, but the rest was :scared1:

Christy, good that the books are ruined. Shame about the shelving, is it wood or metal?

Shelves are the nicer looking pressboard, they are going to have to be raised (guess who's gonna end up being voluntold (sorry Buffy this is my newest favorite word)to do it. this is getting insane it's flooded 5 times this year alone. normally 1-2.
Storms were so bad just 10 miles north of here 1 farmers round bales floated by, he wont say how many he lost. 1 of the fair grounds was UNDER water at the grandstand level that's 100 year flood.

And to add insult to injury guess what it's doing out now? Betcha it will take at least 10 guess:umbrella:
:sad2::sad2::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter