The Daily Grind ~ 11/21/12

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
:wave2: Mornin'!!

Those of you who have today off, enjoy!!! Those of you with kids in school and working today, let's hope it goes fast!! I know I will be hoping the day goes fast!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

Today:

Dh up and out the door
DS16 up and ready for his meeting
DS12 up and ready to go
take DS16 to school for meeting
take DS12 to school
stay and work the Thanksgiving feast for DS12's class
home to spend time with PJ

start prepping tomorrow's meal
pick up boys
scrap a little
dinner
drat! forgot game tonight at HS.. going only because several of PJ's friends are coming home so everyone is meeting up... :)

Ok, I'm off.. Have a wonderful day!!

Hi to all. Prayers and pixie dust to all in need.

Today is packed
Dd to the bus
Bowling
Cut veggies for stuffing( didn't get to it yesterday)
Bake pies
Bake cookies
Dh at store now buying Christmas presents
Nap before work. I may be cancelled but can't take a chance and not nap
Dinner
Then work. Possibly
If I don't have to work, I'd like to have family game night.

Everyone stay safe!!

Cindy

Have a great day today. Everyone enjoy your THanksgiving with family and friends!!!

Finish Laundry
Straighten House
Pack
Make a run to HL
Organize Christmas List
Wait with impatient children for DH to get home (about 3:30ish)
Maybe scrap a little
Pack van
Drive to the in-laws
Dinner on the road tonight??

Morning!

Prayers and pixies dust to all those in need.

Hope all the college kids make it home safely!

Feeling gross again this morning, I am just going to stay home and take it easy, maybe nap in a bit.

Today
rest
brine turkey
peel and cut carrots
bake apple pie

Hope everyone has a great day and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Morning! I'm going to wish a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day to everyone since I probably won't be back here until Monday.

I read a small quote last night and I've decided that even though the past couple years have been really challenging for us, my thought for the rest of this year and all of 2013 will be "there is always, always something to be thankful for." Thought it appropriate since tomorrow is our day of thanks. Wish you all a day of love and laughter with all of your loved ones tomorrow!

Today:
Up and out for me - the boys are sleeping in

Work for me till 3

Library with DH & DS8 - my DH has found a love of reading as of late and it has encouraged my youngest to also read more. One more reason to be thankful!

Bake pumpkin rolls for tomorrow

Get instructions for the care of my DS13's friend's Russian Tortoise. He will be dropping it off for us to take care of while they are in Disney for the next 8 days. :crazy2:

Pack to go to my parent's house for the weekend (yep, the tortoise is going too). Going black Friday shopping with mom & DH, while my DSister takes care of the boys. :eek: I must be crazy!

That's about all. Happy Turkey Day to you all and safe shopping if you are braving the masses this weekend.

I'm working. When I got here there was no heat. It is now working. Shoot! I wanted to leave early! :lmao: (I probably will anyway, but even earlier ;) ).

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Enjoy your families and be thankful for all you have. :lovestruc

Good morning everyone
is it bad I was looking for a week-end thread?? it is always a week-end thread when it is 9am & in my PJs & checking the board:goodvibes
DH goes in late so I haven't started on the sewing room but I got priate Mickey & Minnie(red-head) glued together need to post Mickey to blog since he is new.
I"m going to make me another cup of coffee & get started on laundry - got to get it put up today:sad: usually leave most of it on the sewing room bed
Sister is suppose to come over later & let me go get my paycheck & run over to HEB

Tomorrow is going over my Grandparents (grandpa is 91) same thing we have done for most of my life - DH has gone since he meet me:upsidedow

Good Morning!

P & PD to anyone in need :hug:

safe travels to all coming and going today :goodvibes

since the only thing left on my Nov to-do list is getting Megan's artwork done and work on Aug trip scrapping, I'm calling it done! prints aren;t coming in until next week and no way I will finish up the trip :rotfl:

today:
girls to Jazz choir
finish stuffing xmas cards
finish xmas wrapping - megan wanted to do it last night, so we will have gifts under the tree on Friday
get PT voice tapings set up and emailed out to parents
read over & vote on new condo assoc changes - want to raise our HOA dues :scared:
double check grocery list
p/u megan 1215
lunch out since they don't get fed on short days
h-cut for megan
grocery store
dinner - french dip
PT and ballet

have a wonderful and thankful day and weekend everyone!

AHHH Morning everyone, we are almost to the LONG weekend for some of us (me included!) I was supposed to be on Vacation all of next week with Hubs but had to move my days around for my mom's surgery so I'll work M , T and 1/2 day Wed while he sleeps in! Boo, oh well.. I am glad for a short week this week and short week next week :)

My DD arrived safe and sound - she droppped a friend at his house then visited another friend (who just found out she is 2 mo along - not sure what she is going to do) then she went to her dad's about midnight. I'll see her a bit later today.. YAY.. Nan don't you just love the stories they come home or call with..

Prayers and PD to who need it ..

I love that Always quote.. it's so true...

today I'm working
stopping at grocery store for Pizza for dinner, eggs for the cheesecake and apples to make some homemade applesauce for us and to bring to Thanksgiving.
picking up Ds at Hockey
home for Dinner
then we'll clean up and Hubs will make the cheesecake and when he is done I'll make the applesauce.
clean up again then just relax
as much as I enjoy cooking/baking I'm sort of glad I only have a moblie home and can not host Tday at my house. I'm ok just bringing whatever you need me too.. LOL

Happy and safe travels to all heading out in the next few days..

I am Thankful for the friendship I have with ALL you ladies.. Enjoy Michelle

ps I hope to get some scrappipng done but I'll be out black friday shopping then DS has his first couple hockey game of the HS season on Sat but IF I can get it set up then I can just drop by my desk and do a few things here and there - so not making my goal this month :(

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

DD#1 is up and out.

DD#2 and #3 are getting ready.
Need to wake ds up.
DD#2 to bus

Put crib mattress in van.
DD#3 to school
Drop crib mattress off
Po run?
Store for milk, cheese. Hope its not too crazy.
Pick DD#3 up
Home
Meet DD#1 at bus-half day today
Lunch

Pick DD#2 up from bus
Work on items for $1 auction. Have ideas, got my awesome gift card holder to work. So excited. Love it.
Get photographed and emailed
Figure out dinner

DD's to dads.
Have DD#1 bake something. We normally do pies but my mom isn't doing them till after dinner and I don't feel like driving out there to pretty much turn around and come back, since I have to do it tomorrow, then Friday for rehearsal, then sat for the stupid wedding. Waste of time and gas this weekend. Ohh and I'm supposed to bring girls in at 11am for hair on sat when wedding isn't till 3. That's just asking for cranky kids. And I've repeatedly told them that neither girls hair holds a curling iron curl. Soooo they have to be wrapped the night before. Errrgg!
Pick DD#s up
Home
Relax
Maybe a movie
Bed!

little change in plans....Megan's BBF mom called and asked if Karly could come home with us today...so taking both girls to lunch and errands then back home and they will join us for dinner :goodvibes

Home and my list is almost done. A few last minute things to pack and then a quick trip to Old Navy before DH gets home.

I discovered several years ago this Black Friday Trick with Old Navy. You go in before the craziness begins, and buy the sale items that you want at full price. Then simply bring in your receipt on Black Friday and they give you a price adjustments with sale prices. I love doing this because then you don't have to dig through crazy piles of clothes not to find the size you need as well as juggle through a lot of people. I know other stores do it as well. You still have to go into the store, but at least you can go straight to the register. Shhhhhhh!!! Don't tell too many people my secret!!

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!

Home and my list is almost done. A few last minute things to pack and then a quick trip to Old Navy before DH gets home.

I discovered several years ago this Black Friday Trick with Old Navy. You go in before the craziness begins, and buy the sale items that you want at full price. Then simply bring in your receipt on Black Friday and they give you a price adjustments with sale prices. I love doing this because then you don't have to dig through crazy piles of clothes not to find the size you need as well as juggle through a lot of people. I know other stores do it as well. You still have to go into the store, but at least you can go straight to the register. Shhhhhhh!!! Don't tell too many people my secret!!

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!!

That's a great idea! We did that at Wal-Mart last year. Found the stuff we wanted to put on layaway and did so in October. Then waited until they or another store ran a sale and went in and price matched it. We knew we were getting everything we wanted (video games, 3ds and such) without fighting crowds and found a sale price or black friday sale on everything we had.

Afternoon all,

A Thanksgiving miracle - my DH somehow got the next four days off! Soo, we will be heading to Vero Beach in the AM (vs. Friday) to have Turkey dinner with our Canadian Besties (who have just landed in Orlando!). While I had planned to make dinner here today (with leftovers for Thursday) - I'll make our Turkey on Monday :)

Today:
Once over the house
Finish packing
Wrap besties Christmas presents
Pay bills
Scrap
Order pizza for dinner :)

Hope everyone has a great day and a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Becky

Good idea Michelle. I was planning on going Sunday. I need a few things for the trip. Too bad I don't have time to go now.

Jen, enjoy your day off!

Yay for early dismissal for you Jennifer!!!! Glad the heat is fixed!!!

Worked at school today for their Thanksgiving feast.. it's the last time all 218 kids are all together because starting next year they pick their own classes and some don't see each other except for passing thru halls.... It was a little sentimental for some..especially for the parents that this is their first child.. My friend and I were giggling as we have been thru it before but we so know how the other parents are feeling...

Took PJ to lunch.. now she is off to her work to see the kids and check her schedule for Christmas break.. she needs some hours to pay for some sorority expenses.. at least they tell them early so the kids can budget...

Safe travels to all that are hitting the roads soon!!!!

boy I hate early dismissal days....the parking lot was CRAZY...stupid people double parking and then no one can get out :furious:

had pizza for lunch, then went to get megan's h-cut...3 people ahead and didn't want to wait, so will get it done later in the weekend....grocery store wasn't too bad, except the deli counter...I stood there for almost 10 min along with 5 other people and was never acknowledged :headache: then they didn't ask who was first - ME! the asst deli mgr was talking and laughing with the other workers...no CUSTOMER service....I talked to the store mgr and got a $10 GC and a thanks for speaking up :thumbsup2

girls are getting some homework done and then will have dinner before dropping megan at dance and I'll bring Karly to her mom (I forgot about dance when we made earlier plans this morning)

Jen happy you got off work early, hope everyone is enjoying their afternoon!

Got put on call!!! yeah. I can now relax for tonight.

Lisa, so sorry you had a bad time at the store. Customer service is not what it used to be.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter