~The Daily Grind~ 10/17/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Paper Clutter
Zone of the week - Zone3 -- The Main Bathroom and The Children's Room (no kids - a room of your choice)

~The Daily Grind~ 10/17/09

It's THE WEEKEND!!! :dance3:

I'm off this weekend too!! I have a lot of fun and not so fun things I want to do. Some things I HAVE to do too... It's POURING rain right now, so no yard work... But I have a hankering for cream chipped beef for breakfast, and it's a PERFECT day for a hot comfort food breakfast :teeth:

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Stay on points! (maybe... :rotfl:)

365 pic...

Repeat these 3 things till I'm tired of doing them:
Work 15 min in The Pit
Work 15 min in The Crap Room
Work 15 min in The Hole

Dinner.... not sure about this one. DH was supposed to be out of town, and is now in town after all, but still might be going out of town :confused3 Dinner ideas on hold for a while...

Have a Great Saturday Everyone!! :teeth:

I should be cleaning, I should be working on DN's scrapbook, I should be doing a lot of things, but I've got a case of the blues today (it's been coming for a while, but seems to be really bad today). I don't feel like doing anything but lounging in bed with a book and a bag of chips.

I've got too much to do to wallow in it for too long.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Okay, last night was like the day before vacation or Christmas morning. We were sitting on the couch in the apartment, last night, and I told DH, "I have a new problem, I don't want to be here." We can't move in completely ASAP. We are having a radon mitigation system installed on Wed. I want to get the carpets cleaned, which is easier with nothing in it, but I can't do it until after Wed because what's the point of doing it sooner if the radon guy is going to be kicking up dust/dirt, etc. And then there is washing and painting walls. We are aiming to be living in the house, Halloween weekend.

Today:

Load to the house
Garage Sale in the neighborhood (it lists Christmas stuff including "Disney Villages"...hmm)
Costco (didn't make it there yesterday)
Home Depot
Target
Wipe down walls in living room, hall, bedroom
Decide if DH will help or bring loads to put in the garage
Decide if we are going mattress shopping today or tomorrow
Back @ apartment by 6:30 so DH can watch MLS game

Aw Deb....the creamed chipped beef sounds SO good! I had it on our list for this week, but Walmart was out of the beef...I don't like Walmart.

Jennifer, I hope the blues go away soon. Hugs to you!

Hope, it exhuasts me to think of moving!

I'm so bummed this morning. I opened my email, and the first one is a PIN code from Disney! I've never gotten one (they knew I'd come anyway, lol), and this is the first time we haven't had a trip booked or in the works since 2004, and we just aren't going to be able to use it. I promised DH we'd go to the Outer Banks next year, he really wants to go back there.

My list for today isn't very long:

Pick up around the house
Boys clean their rooms (fun, fun)
Dinner - probably the mac & cheese with broccoli recipe I found the other day
Have fun with the boys
DH went to a photography workshop

Steph

Deb yummy haven't had that in forever going to have to add it to the shopping list.
Jennifer indulge in a day in bed we all need it once and a while
Hope enjoy the planning and thoughts of moving in the actual work is hard and I hate moving.
Steph good luck on the boys cleaning did that last weekend with mine, thankfully they are still clean so they had mommy chores this am

today
boys to do mommy chores
boys delivered to nana's
dinner in crockpot goolash
clean living room
laundry 2 loads
dis/fb
relax

clean scrap corner
pack more for scrap next weekend
relax/nap maybe
need to eat luch in here somewhere since I forgot about breakfast.

Hope you all have a great day.

Steph good luck on the boys cleaning did that last weekend with mine, thankfully they are still clean so they had mommy chores this am

Well.....I threatened them Thursday night. If they don't pick it up, I'm going to have daddy do it, and they know what that means......:eek:

We made a game out of it. I set the time for 20 minutes, and they see how much they can get done in that amount of time. Sort of like Flylady's 15 minutes, but with an extra 5 because....well, you know how kids are!

It's not perfect, and I don't expect it to be; it is better, though!

Steph

you're much nicer than I no games here. Course they're 11 and almost 9 I'm sick of picking up after them like they were 2 and 4. I'm a mean mommy.

I've been called mean before.....lol. Mine are 8 and 6, but they know better. When DH goes to "clean", he takes a garbage bag(s) up there, and anything not picked up goes into it. The first time, he made them do chores to earn the things back, one at a time; the second time, he put it out for the trash. I've only done it once, but I threw away (actually donated) the Lincoln Logs; the younger one absolutely refused to pick them up, I told him once that I would throw them away and he said he didn't care. OK then, I got a bag and picked them all up, tied it up, and put it outside with the garbage. When I left for work the next day, I grabbed them and took them to Goodwill, but he still doesn't know that. For a long time, everytime he saw a garbage truck, he would point it out and say it smashed his Linky Lots.

We went through 2 rounds of the timer, and it looks a lot better up there.

DS17 and I ended up shampooing the LR carpet. It's looks much better in there, but I need a new carpet. DH says no, we are going to get hardwood floors in a year or 2, so no new carpet now...sigh...

OH, and I got a nice little letter from Citibank today telling me they are increasing my finance charges to 29.99%. I have a $0.00 balance, so alot of good it's going to do them increasing my rate :lmao: Guess they aren't thinking this all through very well are they. AND, I'm seriously thinking about not using that card at all this Christmas...no transaction fees from me either... Raise my rate for no reason
happy075.gif
and I've been a customer for like 20yrs... so wrong!!

I should be cleaning, I should be working on DN's scrapbook, I should be doing a lot of things, but I've got a case of the blues today (it's been coming for a while, but seems to be really bad today). I don't feel like doing anything but lounging in bed with a book and a bag of chips.

I've got too much to do to wallow in it for too long.

Hope everyone has a great day.

i'm sorry i missed this. sorry you had the blues. i'm sorry i did not ask how your day was when you texted. it was all about me. i'm ssooooo sorry. hope today is better. maybe i was channeling my blues over to you via text.
lets both smile today. :goodvibes

Okay, last night was like the day before vacation or Christmas morning. We were sitting on the couch in the apartment, last night, and I told DH, "I have a new problem, I don't want to be here."

i know this feeling. i was soooo excited to move in. it will go by fast.
i'm so happy for you. :goodvibes

Aw Deb....the creamed chipped beef sounds SO good! I had it on our list for this week, but Walmart was out of the beef...I don't like Walmart.

Jennifer, I hope the blues go away soon. Hugs to you!

Hope, it exhuasts me to think of moving!

I'm so bummed this morning. I opened my email, and the first one is a PIN code from Disney! I've never gotten one
I'd love a pin from disney!!!!!!

today
boys to do mommy chores.

boys to do mommy chores! i'd love that! how do you get that to work??

DS17 and I ended up shampooing the LR carpet. It's looks much better in there, but I need a new carpet. DH says no, we are going to get hardwood floors in a year or 2, so no new carpet now...sigh...

OH, and I got a nice little letter from Citibank today telling me they are increasing my finance charges to 29.99%. I have a $0.00 balance, so alot of good it's going to do them increasing my rate :lmao: Guess they aren't thinking this all through very well are they. AND, I'm seriously thinking about not using that card at all this Christmas...no transaction fees from me either... Raise my rate for no reason
happy075.gif
and I've been a customer for like 20yrs... so wrong!!

deb-we are bringing the hardwoods back to our living room. but painting 1st. still in the works. it's taking forever!
and the whole citibank thing..... me too. i got the same letter. and i too have a zero balance. so where's the reason there???

mommy chores work like this if you want gas for your 4wheelers/snowmobiles you HAVE to help around the house. Yesterday was garbage day for L and bikes to the barn for E. they have been lax in them cause E's wheeler needs a part and L lost his to grounding. So with winter coming on and them wanting their snowmobiles fully gased up it was an easy choice. I did get some flack from L and all I said was your choice.... needless to say that garbage grew legs and got out of my truck and into the barrels fast.:rotfl: He so knows I don't play those games.

Holly they out number me 2 to 1 and L is only an inch shorter than me. Knowing they would both be taller than me by the end of 6th grade I had to get a handle on their behavior long before that. I love their dad (dh) to death but he is NOT a discipline person and way laid back. What scares me is I wanted 3 kids and I have a hard enough time keeping these to well behaved, expecially with the teen years creeping in fast (attitude started already).

bubba and i were watching super nanny this am and i told him if you EVER act like those kids........OH BOY...... it would not be a happy household. i would never stand for that behavior.

my kids love nanny 911 (same idea) they just look at the TV and say mom you'd have a blast in that house. They know they wouldn't survive. I just don't do that type of behavior. E used to have temper tantrums so they are far from angels, now he still deals with frustration with orders but it's getting better.

i think they are all going to have a moment every now and then. that's normal.and that i can deal with. it would be a kid that is down right disrespectful and bad behavior all the time that i would not be able to deal with.

Same here Christy... outnumbered big time... so much testosterone... sheesh.... I am repeating myself all the time reminding of manners and chores and stuff... and the Teenage Boy Agnst! Such fun...NOT!

But I have to say...all the drilling of manners and stuff is paying off now that they are older. Like when the boys and girls were getting off the homecoming float. All the boys were plopping down, and not paying attention to the girls...and there was my DS17 holding his hand up and helping his partner down from the float. My 2 friends on either side of me were ":love: AWWWWWW, he helped her down" It was a very proud mommy moment for me :teeth: When they praised him for it, he didn't know what they were talking about...it's second nature now... yeah, I was proud!

Deb I pray that will be mine. You have every right to be proud of him.

I've got a case of the blues today (it's been coming for a while, but seems to be really bad today). I don't feel like doing anything but lounging in bed with a book and a bag of chips.
:hug:

We had someone come in to hang out with DD so we could get a few errands done. Our to do list:

DH for a blood draw
Call sirius to connect service. Let me state for the record besides not understanding why we "need" this when we've never had to pay for regular radio, I can not stand Sirius. I was on hold for quite a long time for three separate calls. Sirius charged me for the service but we had problems with the connection, it is going to take a week for them to credit my account. :mad:
Go to Lowe's to pick up new faucet for the kitchen sink and a new doorbell chime for the house.
Get Halloween outfit for DD to wear to the Teen Center party Saturday night. :wizard:
Have lunch out with DH
Had DH pick out his birthday present - he wanted a new chain saw. Now he is anxious to play with it.
Take DD to the Halloween party

I got the PIN too...I'm so sad, I want to go, but we have the cruise planned, so...At least I have that to look forward to.

Didn't get to spend yesterday in bed with a book and chips, but I didn't get dressed today! I got some things done, girl scout stuff, couple bags made, etc. I'm just feeling pretty stressed lately. I'm sure it will all pass.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter