The crane at Cinderella's Castle

Family Loves Disney

DIS Veteran
I just read the blog saying Disney was sprucing up Cinderella's Castle. I sure hope they are finished be the time we get to Disney in February. I would hate to see the moats without any water in them and to have that crane in all of our pics of the castle. Does anyone know when they are usually finished taking down all the lights?

Since they're just not taking down lights and are refurbishing the front of the castle, they have not announced a day they expect to be finished by, but i really hope it's February too:thumbsup2 I read somewhere the moat should be filled again by January 26? I hope so, looking at pictures it just looks too weird without the moat.

The crane seems to take alittle of the magic away from it all, and so does the missing water:sad2: We're paying for a MK view at BLT in a few weeks and I would be very dissapointed to see a crane too everyday!

The information I have seen states that the water won't go back in the moat until the castle is finished.

We just got back yesterday and i looked at our photo pass pictures and yup - huge crane in the picture of me, dh and dds. :( I cropped the pic as much as i could but you can still see it :(

They were painting last week when we were there. The crane is not that attractive, but it is necessary. We thought it was neat to see the moat with no water in it. But we've been quite a few times so it was something different for us.

When my husband saw the crane the first thing he said was he hoped they weren't paintint it pink again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter