The Cat's Meow November 2020 Exercise Thread

I am going to bow out this month. I just realized my fitbit has died and I didn't know because I had my Bluetooth turned off. It was off for several days and I am not sure what my time has been. I have been behind though. That I do now.
So sorry to hear this, but thank you for letting us know. I'll remove you from the list. Hopefully we will see you back next time! Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.

Well, I thought I was going to have time to catch us up, but DD just came down and needs me. If I don't get back here tonight, I'll see you all tomorrow.

And since I missed yesterday and because I want to feature as many cats as possible this month, here are four more Disney cats to read all about. Sohni, Malosi, Anala, and Jeda are the Sumatran tigers at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. Sohni (female) and Malosi (male) are parents to the first tigers born at Animal Kingdom, Anala and Jeda. You can read about the cubs here and about their parents here. I tried to find info as to whether or not all four tigers still reside in the Maharaja Jungle Trek today, but could not find confirmation. If you've had the good fortune to see any of them lately, please let us know.

Let's talk about Mr. Whiskers from Frankenweenie.
I am yet again unfamiliar with both the cat and the movie (I think I have a lot of catching up to do!), but from what I understand, Mr. Whiskers is Weird Girl's pet Persian cat., and he has psychic premonitions. At some point in the movie, he mutates and becomes the villain. Here is what Disney Fandom says about him:

"Mr. Whiskers is Weird Girl's beloved pet cat. He is a Persian cat that has white, fluffy fur and large eyes. Weird Girl claims that whenever he dreams about someone, something "big" happens to that individual. Mr. Whiskers is usually quiet and has a tendency to stare unblinkingly at people, much like his owner. However, he seems to enjoy taunting the neighborhood dogs, such as Sparky. The one person he seems to show any actual affection towards is his owner, a sentiment she readily reciprocates. "

And for those who have seen the movie or those who do not intend to watch it, I found some interesting trivia. Unfortunately there are some major spoilers, so don't click the spoiler button if you want to watch the film at some point.

• Mr. Whiskers' mutated form is based on Count Dracula from Bram Stoker's novel Dracula. The way he dies is also possibly based on Dracula's death, since they both die by getting impaled by a stake. He also resembles the Bat Gremlin from the 1990 Warner Bros. movie Gremlins 2: The New Batch.
  • His death is one of the most violent and realistic Disney Villain deaths.
  • His last prediction led to his death.
  • Mr. Whiskers is not to be confused for the rabbit character of the same name from the 2004-2006 Disney Channel animated TV series Brandy & Mr. Whiskers.

You can meet Mr. Whiskers in this trailer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter