• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

THE Attraction

For me, it's a tie between Dumbo and the TeaCups.

They were all I had ever seen about Disneyland on tv growing up in Australia so that is what symbolizes it for me.

They are also the first two rides my daughter and I rode when we finally reached the Happiest place on Earth.

I may or may not have cried a little on Dumbo when it finally hit me that my childhood dream had come true and I had also made my daughters childhood dream come true. Pure joy.

Riding down Main Street in Walt's fire engine! This makes Disneyland different than any other park in the world!

I do love the train! What an awesome thing. I mean, when you're tired and need a rest, just hop on the train and ride around as many times as you want! It's relaxing AND fun!

I have 3 rides I must do on every visit! My trip is just not complete without these 3 classics!

1. Disneyland Railroad - It's the first ride we do without fail!
2. it's a small world - I can't remember the last time I didn't go on this ride.
3. Peter Pan's Flight - This is quite possibly the best ride in Disneyland!

It's a Small World.

Not necessarily my favorite ride, but I feel this is the quintessential Disney ride. It's really one of the few rides that stick out from my own childhood, oh so many years ago. (it's really IASW and SM that stick out from my early Disney experiences. That and the Epcot center - but I assume you mean DL only.)

Also, we were in DL two months after the 9/11 attacks. Going through that ride made me tear up - the message and all - and esp since it was the Holiday overlay and they had the banner "Peace On Earth". (I think it was from the Holiday Overlay and not just a regular banner.)

We didn't even get to ride IASW two weekends ago. When we tried in the afternoon, the ride was broken. When we came back in the PM, the wait was 75 mins!

It's a Small World.

Not necessarily my favorite ride, but I feel this is the quintessential Disney ride. It's really one of the few rides that stick out from my own childhood, oh so many years ago. (it's really IASW and SM that stick out from my early Disney experiences. That and the Epcot center - but I assume you mean DL only.)

Also, we were in DL two months after the 9/11 attacks. Going through that ride made me tear up - the message and all - and esp since it was the Holiday overlay and they had the banner "Peace On Earth". (I think it was from the Holiday Overlay and not just a regular banner.)

We didn't even get to ride IASW two weekends ago. When we tried in the afternoon, the ride was broken. When we came back in the PM, the wait was 75 mins!

I too was there two months after 9/11. I have never seen Disneyland so empty.

the first ride we rode was Splash Mountain. I'll never forget dropping down into the mountain, seeing all the critters, the beautiful colors, feeling the cool water, and hearing them singing, "How do you do?" I remember thinking, "I'm here. I can't believe I'm actually here!" and I had the biggest, silliest grin on my face I've probably ever had. Each time I've ridden it since, I think exactly the same thing.

Definitely have to say Pirates, I could sit in that boat all day and be happy. But Splash is pretty close. Athenaa described it perfectly. That was my exact experience on it when I first rode it back in the 90's. It makes me feel that way every time I ride it.

It's not my favorite ride, and there is nothing in DL that I don't like, but to me Autopia screams Disneyland for the simple fact of the side-splitting laughter which erupts when my daughter (10) drives. It has been a real treat to watch her progress from an infant to a young lady on this ride (and every time I fire up the lawn mower I am reminded of our trips on the mini-highway.) :drive:

For us, all the rides were awesome, but the one we were on the most was California Screamin. Just something fun about that coaster. Was fast, but not too scary, which is perfect for me.

No visit is complete without Pirates and Haunted Mansion. New Orleans Square has always been my favorite area of the park.. love love LOVE it!

briggscreek said:
Pirates has always been my favorite. It's the only thing that I would cancel a trip for if I knew it would be closed. :)

Space is that for me. We postponed a trip in May when it was closed for the worker safety issue.

It has to be the Matterhorn. That's the ride that I rode with my Grandmother when I was a kid and will always associate with Disneyland.

While Haunted Mansion will always be my favorite attraction (especially during Haunted Mansion Holidays), the quintessential Disney attraction has to be the DL Railroad. Mainly because it was inspired by Walt's immense love for trains. On a personal note, though, it was on the train going through the "Grand Canyon" where the boy I was dating in high school asked me to go steady (or whatever the kids are calling it these days). We've been together ever since. That was almost 20 years ago and we've been married for over 10 years now. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter