The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

Loved your video of Ava's first day in the park, especially all of her little dances watching the cavalcades. Disney is always magical but nothing can beat watching a kid on their first visit.

SO happy you finally got some food in you. We've done Ale and Compass breakfast and really enjoyed. Its on my list of places to try the lounge this trip if we can. Those roles look divine. Though only you would have cauliflower be her first foray back into eating.

Ava is just the cutest :) I love her little ice cream face!!

Such a bummer about the rain ruining the plans, but glad you got to enjoy Ale and Compass! On our Epic trip, the night of our boat rainout, several of us ended up there at the lounge. I didn't order anything to eat then, but your food looks super yum, and we would definitely go there again!

A nightmare for us since we'd end up on our hands and knees trying to wipe up all the wayward sand :sad2:

Except I bet a lot of guests don't make an effort and leave it for Mousekeeping, And even if they DO make an effort there is still some that gets lost under beds and all. :)

This was a heartbreaker for me because, as some of you already know,
Pecos Bill's Southwestern Salad with chicken is one of my favorite QS meals on property.
I was really sad not to be getting it :sad1:

:sad:This makes me so sad for you!!

As we were walking there,
I noticed one of the carts in Frontierland had those frozen Minute Maid
Icee Lemonade bars so I told the rest to go ahead and I got in line for it,

I was pretty keen on the strawberry bars last trip from not feeling well. I can understand this craving.

and sadly, I didn't take any picture of their food…
probably because I was jealous that my mom was eating my favorite salad!
The girls both got corn dog nuggies…actually,

WAIT!! WHAT???!!! Corn dog nuggies? How did I miss this on the menu the last bunch of times?? I had NO idea!! I miss Casey's SO much. Are they comparable?

But before we left, we had to take a last ride on the Jungle Cruise as we know and love it…
and I'm so glad we did since they started dismantling it shortly after this!

I had to do this with Splash too. Makes me sad.

Ava wanted another hotdog 🤢 ,

Kids these days!! LOL!

but my pickiness doesn't hold a candle to my mom's, and it was just aggravating this night.

Oh dear, but yes. Picky eaters are hard to accommodate and best to their own devices rather than holding up the whole group at some point.

it was the same server Mike and I had at Yachtsman's Steakhouse in 2013. Crazy, right?

That IS crazy!!! 8 years!!

Roasted, "Buffalo-Style" Cauliflower...

I was starting to feel better and thought the cauliflower sounded like a good idea
as maybe a first "meal," although I did ask for light buffalo sauce
and it seemed to have a lot so I kind of scraped it off before eating it.

This was incredibly ambitious being your first meal after surgery. Yikes!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Hi Kelly,

I'm so sorry I'm so late but I'm here and loving your report.

Ava is just precious! She looks like she has lots of personality. Loved your video of her first day. It made me tear up.

I totally understand the angst of taking pictures of daughters from teen years up. I very rarely get an approval from either one of my daughters when I take their picture. :sad2: This last trip Danielle lived her trip on Snapchat and blocked me! Imagine that?

We have found food hard to come by since the re-open. Hopefully options are going to get better and better.

This was a heartbreaker for me because, as some of you already know,
Pecos Bill's Southwestern Salad with chicken is one of my favorite QS meals on property.
I was really sad not to be getting it
That is sad. But how did you have any energy?

After almost 4 days with no real food, this was sooo delicious.
I ate maybe 3-4 pieces, plus a half of a roll with nothing on it
that was also delicious…but don't take my word for it…I was literally starving and pretty much anything would have tasted good at that point!
That Cauliflower looks delish! And everyone raves about the rolls.

We had an early morning the next day and were hoping for better weather…
little did I know it would be maybe the worst weather I've ever seen in WDW :scared1:
Oh no!

Ugh the current state of Jungle Cruise When we rode in April the explorers were missing and the rhino was rear-ending.......nobody. Last week the "new" explorer team was being chased up the pole but Trader Sam was all covered up as were the headhunters and our skipper, who otherwise was really good, said things like" huh I wonder what THAT could be? I've never seen that in the jungle!" when we went by the stupid green paper/chain covered parts. Stupid and sad.

In other Jungle Cruise news we saw the trailer for the movie when we saw Cruella tonight! Not sure what I think? Looks kind of good and kind of not lol!

REAL LIFE UPDATES

Hello, everyone! I'm not ghosting this TR like my last one! I just wanted to give a quick update on how busy this past week has been and I'll reply to your comments very soon!

First, did y'all get your tickets to the Boo Bash? I finally got through on my 3rd day of trying and booked our tickets for October 5th! 🎃👻 I'm so excited for this, even though it seems like it may not be as good as MNSSHP. Honestly, the last time I went to MNSSHP, it was super crowded and not very enjoyable, so I'm hoping with the price they're charging they are really limiting the amount of people. That alone is worth the price increase to me! I am also looking forward to the cute cavalcades and seeing Malificient again!

I had also been planning on not doing many rides in MK the week we're there since it's the 50th, but this kind of helps with that too, so overall, I am really excited!

Then on Thursday, Southwest released their flights through January so I booked my airfare in December! The times were great and the prices were decent too, so I was happy about that! Mike will be taking the train again o_O and meeting me there.

Next, the thing that kept me the busiest this week...

My Allie graduated on Wednesday! She was supposed to have her gradation Tuesday night but there were thunderstorms in the area and the baseball stadium kind of waited until the last minute to call it off. The kids were all dressed and ready to go so we went with a bunch of her friends and had a photo shoot instead, so I guess it all worked out. But then their all-night grad party didn't get postponed so they had that from 9:30 pm-4:30 am and then had to be back at the school by 10:30 am.
These kids were exhausted! But in the best possible way!

And finally, yesterday, because we weren't busy enough,
we added a new member to our family :love:

Meet Daisy 🌼 🐶

Originally, I thought we were going to name her Minnie but then Allie suggested Daisy and it seemed to fit her better. She's a Zuchon…part Bichon and part ****zu, and we are just all so in love with her already. She is very playful and chews anything and everything, including my feet and ankles while I'm trying to cook dinner,
but she's very fun to have around!

So that's it! I'm off to an appointment but I'll be back soon!
Thanks for sticking around!

First, did y'all get your tickets to the Boo Bash?
<sigh>... no. :sad1:
Honestly, the last time I went to MNSSHP, it was super crowded and not very enjoyable, so I'm hoping with the price they're charging they are really limiting the amount of people.
I don't actually mind paying a bit more for a better (i.e. less crowded) experience. Let us know how you feel about it... afterwards.
Next, the thing that kept me the busiest this week...
Congratulations to her! Glad she got to gown up. My DD graduated (B.Ed.) and... nothing.
And finally, yesterday, because we weren't busy enough,
we added a new member to our family :love:
Cute! Congratulations on the new family member!
part ****zu
:laughing: This cracks me up.
She is very playful and chews anything and everything, including my feet and ankles while I'm trying to cook dinner,
:laughing:

Yay for getting Boo Bash tickets and for Allie's graduation!!!!

OMGoodness is Daisy just adorable! What a perfectly sweet addition to the family.

I was so excited Southwest released their flights, but was surprised how much more expensive they are to/from Chicago compared to our previous trips. Still haven't even settled on a flight to get us home at the end of the trip because they either aren't non-stop, which we prefer, or they are close to $500 for the cheapest rate. Ugh. Hopefully getting that nailed down soon!

Have a good week, Kelly! :)

First, did y'all get your tickets to the Boo Bash? I finally got through on my 3rd day of trying and booked our tickets for October 5th! 🎃👻 I'm so excited for this, even though it seems like it may not be as good as MNSSHP. Honestly, the last time I went to MNSSHP, it was super crowded and not very enjoyable, so I'm hoping with the price they're charging they are really limiting the amount of people. That alone is worth the price increase to me! I am also looking forward to the cute cavalcades and seeing Malificient again!

Sadly, no, probably not happening for me. Trips to short and a lot of $$. I'll see how this year's goes and maybe next year.
Mike will be taking the train again o_O and meeting me there.

I didn't know he did that. Afraid of flying?

Congrats, Allie!!! Time to conquer the world!
Meet Daisy 🌼 🐶
AWww, she's adorable!!!

Oh, that is sad! I adore that salad too.

It's on my must-have list for August! Are you still planning on going then?

Hi Kelly!

Hi Jenny!

Second, Ava is adorable!!!!

Thank you!

Third, I'm so sorry you had to have surgery.
Thank goodness you started feeling a little better at Disney. Hope that continues!!!!

Thank you, I'm feeling better…and fatter…every day!

Loved your video of Ava's first day in the park, especially all of her little dances watching the cavalcades. Disney is always magical but nothing can beat watching a kid on their first visit.

I know. Part of me was sad that her first visit was during all this, but she loved it and didn't know the difference! I'm still happy we're going back in August and am looking forward to getting pictures of her happy face :love:

SO happy you finally got some food in you.

I'm sure this was stressing YOU out! :rotfl2:

Though only you would have cauliflower be her first foray back into eating.

:rotfl:
I bet you were surprised it wasn't babybel cheese!

Ava is just the cutest :) I love her little ice cream face!!

:love:

On our Epic trip, the night of our boat rainout, several of us ended up there at the lounge. I didn't order anything to eat then, but your food looks super yum, and we would definitely go there again!

I remember that. I think that's the night the girls ended up at the Terry-tory Lounge and I ended up going to bed!

I would definitely go back there again!

Except I bet a lot of guests don't make an effort and leave it for Mousekeeping, And even if they DO make an effort there is still some that gets lost under beds and all. :)

It doesn't help that Mousekeeping is every other day now, especially when you're paying that much for a hotel room. I'm used to limited Mousekeeping with DVC because it's like you're renting a condo, but Disney is definitely milking it and using it as a cost cutting measure.

I was pretty keen on the strawberry bars last trip from not feeling well. I can understand this craving.

They're actually very refreshing! I'd get them even if I weren't sick 😋

WAIT!! WHAT???!!! Corn dog nuggies? How did I miss this on the menu the last bunch of times?? I had NO idea!! I miss Casey's SO much. Are they comparable?

They look the same and the girls loved them so give them a try. They're under "sides" on the Pecos Bill's menu :thumbsup2

This was incredibly ambitious being your first meal after surgery. Yikes!!

You think? I wanted something low-fat. Maybe the hot sauce was a little much, but in my defines, I asked for light sauce and it was kind of drowning.

It's on my must-have list for August! Are you still planning on going then?
We are!!! Flights are booked and I get my second shot this afternoon! Our region is considered a delta variant hot spot so I can accelerate the boys second doses starting on Wednesday. So Jack and I will be fully vaccinated and ready to roll. Canada is ending quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers in early July so we won't have to worry about that either. The only thing we will have to do is take a PCR test before flying in each direction. Hopefully we will be able to meet up!

Loving your TR so far, can't wait for more. Congratulations to your beautiful daughter on her graduation :cool1: Daisy is adorable, I have "Yoshi" a havachon,, havanese/bichon. Watch how intelligent DaIsy will be...such sweet, loving, smart fur babies. OMG your niece is too adorable too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter