The am I mad trip - Day 1

emanlu

Mouseketeer
This is only 6 months late but here goes!

Cast List

Me - Old enough to know better but probably more excited than the kids.
DD1 – Aged 6
DD2 – Aged 4

For all of us it was a first time visit. (have secretly wanted to go for years but now have an excuse with the kids!)

Staying at home DH no interest in Disney and DS aged 3 – would have liked to take him but couldn’t have managed three of them on my own.

Day 1

April 1st and I began to think that I was a fool for going on such an escapade with 2 small children. Got the kids up and dressed, dropped DS off at the childminders and then off to the airport. Traffic wasn’t too bad and DH dropped us at the airport just after 9am. Headed in and tried to check in with Aer Lingus’s automated system but computer said no! So off we went to the check in desk and checked in 1 large heavy bag, luckily there was no one else waiting so in no time at all we were off to Starbucks. We relaxed and waited for our flight to be called and then it was on to the gate and out to the plane. The girls were really excited by this stage and they were just bouncing when we got on the plane. Flight was uneventful and the girls where well behaved playing on their DS’s and eating. We landed in Paris ahead of schedule but we taxied round Charles De Gaulle that much I thought we were going to end up back in Belfast! We got through Terminal 1 without any problems but had fun trying to find the signs for the bus to Disney – eventually found where we were going and then began the long wait for a bus, we where waiting from about 2.15pm and there should have been one at 2.50pm but it was about 3.30pm before one turned up. We got to Sequoia Lodge and checked in, I had booked a Montana Room and we were in one of the wings overlooking Newport Bay. By this stage it was around 4.30pm so we just dumped our bags in our room we headed off to the park.

We went through the gates under the Disneyland Hotel and then once we were going under Main Street station I covered the girl’s eyes and made them walk through not knowing what they were going to see. I uncovered their eyes and they were looking down Main Street to the Castle – just as we came out the character express came past and they were bouncing – it was a great start to our 4 days in Disney.

DISNEYAPRIL08005-1.jpg

We walked down Main Street and through the Castle, first stop was the carousel, followed by the teacups and Dumbo and then another go on the carousel before going to the front of the castle to wait for Candleabration.

DISNEYAPRIL08012.jpg

Leaving the Park the girls were most impressed to be able to shout goodnight to Mickey as he stood at Main Street station waving at everyone leaving the park.

DISNEYAPRIL08037-1.jpg

We walked back to the hotel through Disney Village browsing in the shops and stopping in McDonalds for something to eat.

DISNEYAPRIL08043.jpg

I got the girls bathed and into bed by about 9.30 but it was another hour before they went to sleep. We all had to share a bed as neither of them would sleep without me. I moved in the middle of the night to the other bed but DD2 followed me an hour later!

gr8 1st day report

am sure the girls were well excited:cool1: :cool1:

btw what part of n ireland u from ,?? im org from armagh

Sounds like a lovely 1st day and you are certianly brave heading to DLRP with two children on your own!!!

great first day. aaaw they are so cute they look so excited

A great start to the trip - your DDs are very cute :goodvibes

Fab start! Shame your DH didn't want to come but maybe next time.

A great first day!! Love the pic of your DDs on the carousel!

Shame on your DH making DS miss DLP ;)

Your DD's look like they are having a brilliant time :goodvibes

Lovely first day, your girls are so sweet, I love the photo on the carousel :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter