SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

I'm crossing my fingers that Strong Water Tavern will reopen!!!
We will check it out in 13 days:cutie:
I am hoping to eat here on our check-in evening of June 2nd. This is where my picky daughter choose for her belated 16th b-day meal. She loves the angus beef sliders. I loved everything.

DW and I returned back to Sapphire Falls after spending the day at the parks, and dinner at NBC Grill & Brew, a little before 10PM. We saw people eating at Amatista. As for Strong Water, it had a sign out front saying it was closed for the night, but would be open at 4PM tomorrow.. PS: make dinner reservations if having dinner at Citywalk. We saw people turned away because they didn’t have reservations at NBC. Also saw the same thing last night at Antojitos.

Also Check-in wasn’t pretty this morning between 11 AM and noon. There were 2 lines: standard and pre-checked. I got in the pre-check line as I was able to check-in early from their email before arrival. The pre-check line had only one TM working it, while the standard line had three TMs, so the standard line was moving quicker frequently.

Also Check-in wasn’t pretty this morning between 11 AM and noon. There were 2 lines: standard and pre-checked. I got in the pre-check line as I was able to check-in early from their email before arrival. The pre-check line had only one TM working it, while the standard line had three TMs, so the standard line was moving quicker frequently.

Is the pre-check new? I may do that

I just noticed the website hours changed.

Monday - Tuesday ...Closed
Wednesday - Sunday.....05:00pm – 12:00am

So excited as we arrive on a Wednesday night and can now enjoy a drink or two before bed!!

Unfortunately, the Strongwater hours on Universal and Loew’s disagree and have for at least a couple weeks (at least, that is how long I have been checking) so I don’t think the answer is definitive yet. Screenshots taken just now. Thanks to @patster734 for the on the ground reporting!

We arrive on a Monday night after a late flight so we are rooting for it to be open.

Attachments

• B05752F0-0C21-4D72-8FEF-4BAC4FB7E520.png
    B05752F0-0C21-4D72-8FEF-4BAC4FB7E520.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 14
  • FBFB1EC4-3B70-460B-850A-9BC46D99168B.png
    FBFB1EC4-3B70-460B-850A-9BC46D99168B.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 13
Just spent the last couple of hours at Strong Water Tavern, on the deck. As good as ever. Had the Witch Doctor which was just ok. Followed that up with a rum flight consisting of three different rums which was good. And finished with a Rum Margarita which tasted just like a tequila-based margarita despite using rum in place of the tequila. My party also shared 4 Bites: the Arroz Con Pollo (chicken with rice. Very good), the Ropa Vieja (good), the House-made Black Angus Beef Sliders (good but only consisted of 2 sliders), and the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders (also very good but consisted of 3 tenders).493E8285-64AE-4988-8507-C46F73D79E98.jpeg

Had planned on doing breakfast at Amatista. Unfortunately, the Bottomless Mimosas are only available on the weekends there, so we walked over to Royal Pacific’s Islands Dining where Bottomless Mimosas are available every day during breakfast. Amatista also had a 15 minute wait to be seated, while we were seated immediately at Islands Dining.

Had planned on doing breakfast at Amatista. Unfortunately, the Bottomless Mimosas are only available on the weekends there, so we walked over to Royal Pacific’s Islands Dining where Bottomless Mimosas are available every day during breakfast. Amatista also had a 15 minute wait to be seated, while we were seated immediately at Islands Dining.
I didn't even know there was a bottomless mimosa option!!! - wow now my thought to possibly spend our 1 year anniversary at the resort (Sat) instead of in the parks is confirmed - Amatista, pool, relaxing - SO excited!!!

Checked out today, and sitting at the airport. Went down to retrieve a luggage cart, but none were available at the time. So they took my room number, and would deliver one when available. A few minutes after returning to the room, I received a call that they were on their way up with a cart. Shortly after, the bellhop arrived with the luggage cart and loaded our luggage onto it, and took it to the luggage storage room. I mentioned that I still had to checkout, but the bellhop said checkout was automatic at 11AM. We thanked him and headed to Universal Studios.

By 11:30, I still hadn’t received the checkout email, so I texted the front desk. I received a quick text response that verified my checkout, and said that the folio copy was sent to my email, which then arrived at my email address.

One final observation, when retrieving my luggage at 2PM, I noticed that there was no line at the Check-in counter. A bit surprising considering the long line I had on Tuesday.

Arrived back ’home‘ Wednesday night. Oh SF is just as beautiful as ever! Checkin was easy and quick at 9pm. Strongwater was closed for food service but the bar was open so we were able to get my favorite blackberry daiquiri before bed. We had dinner there last night and it blew us away. My daughter had not been to Strongwater before so it was so much fun experiencing it with her. We started with camaranoes (shrimp) which is my absolute favorite. Then we had the special jerk chicken (delicious but spicy!) and my daughter had the octopus (not my thing but she said it was the best). Drinks were amazing, service top notch. Felt so nice to be so spoiled with such impeccable service and delicious food. My daughter said she couldn’t remember when she had enjoyed a meal so much. Perfect night! Perfect hotel!

Quick question but didn’t see it answered anywhere else—can we use the pool on checkin and checkout days assuming our room isn’t ready on checkin and we haven’t left the property yet but it’s past checkout time on our last day? I know at wdw we can but wanted to make sure we can here before we jump into those plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter