The 3rd new land...

What do you think the 3rd new Disney studios land should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuperMuscleMan

Superman Cosplayer, Filmaker, Gym & Rugby Dude
With the expansion of Disney studios and the 3rd land being rumoured that it won't be star wars what out of these rumors would you like to see as the 3rd land?

I want Villains, but I have a feeling Zootopia could work too.

And i would also to have a big France area, an expansion of the Ratatouille area, where we can add Hunchback, Aristocats, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

I want Villains, but I have a feeling Zootopia could work too.

And i would also to have a big France area, an expansion of the Ratatouille area, where we can add Hunchback, Aristocats, Beauty and the Beast, etc.
I've always thought a French and British area would be so cool. A mix of the French classics and also British. You could imagine Robin Hood mixed with Meredith, Peter Pan mixed with Mary Poppins and a sprinkle of cruella! Alice could intermix with pooh!

If this 3rd land was super cool think of the draw for Americans to visit this unique attraction. A clone of pandora does not do that and personally flight of passage is a bit meh.

Same goes for star wars. I feel lion king could be Uber cool with a mix of jungle book thrown in and it could be a home for future wild animal related stories.

Zootopia is just going to be a clone (probably watered down) of Shanghai. Let Paris have something unique.

Also if they did the star wars land do you think it would be the cheapest of the 2 attractions coming? Becuase language barriers would be an issue in rotr.

As someone who lived in California when Disney's California Adventure was new, I can tell you that it bombed. Being a local's park, locals didn't want to go to a park themed after California/Americana. Because of that, I think a France/England themed area won't go over as well as something else, like a villain's themed land.
Villains would definitely pull American tourists because WDW already has England and France in Epcot, but no villains land.
It's like when I planned my first trip to DLP, I was so excited to stay in a Paris/European themed hotel... only to find they're all Americana themed. It took me a little bit to realize that this makes sense. More Europeans come to DLP And they don't want to stay in a European themed hotel, the Americana theme is something the locals don't get.

As someone who lived in California when Disney's California Adventure was new, I can tell you that it bombed. Being a local's park, locals didn't want to go to a park themed after California/Americana. Because of that, I think a France/England themed area won't go over as well as something else, like a villain's themed land.
Villains would definitely pull American tourists because WDW already has England and France in Epcot, but no villains land.
It's like when I planned my first trip to DLP, I was so excited to stay in a Paris/European themed hotel... only to find they're all Americana themed. It took me a little bit to realize that this makes sense. More Europeans come to DLP And they don't want to stay in a European themed hotel, the Americana theme is something the locals don't get.
UK != England. Epcot doesn't have an England.

Something else: anything that's not princess or IP-themed. Shock horror how about an original theme that doesn't exist in any other theme park or streaming service?

Something else: anything that's not princess or IP-themed. Shock horror how about an original theme that doesn't exist in any other theme park or streaming service?
I would love to see that but i think Disney would never do that in these days. It's always linked to ip's.

I would definitely love to see a land based on mythical characters. My fear is Encanto or Coco, great films but I think will date and too close to frozen.

I think the French would love to see beauty and the beast represented in a ride or hunchback. Ratatouille was very popular.

But I don't think hunchback is the right fit for a land.

Has to be IPS. Kids (and most adults too) come to see IP.

I think the only people who like the non IP stuff are older Americans who have nostalgia for the way the parks used to be (Or people who dont really like Disney entertainment). But everyone else has nostalgia for Disney IPs.

But it also has to be based on some big Disney IP.

the Fantasy Springs they are building in Tokyo looks amazing and part of that is because it is based around some of Disneys biggest IP.

Except for Star Wars Disneyworld has been building stuff around their B grade IP (and even with Star Wars they built it around their secondary star wars movies :( ).

Except for Star Wars Disneyworld has been building stuff around their B grade IP (and even with Star Wars they built it around their secondary star wars movies :( ).

But, what they built is amazing... when it works. "Rise" is a fantastic ride, but many parts don't work all the time and there's one section, the cannons, I don't think they're ever going to fix.

I would love to see that but i think Disney would never do that in these days. It's always linked to ip's.

I would definitely love to see a land based on mythical characters. My fear is Encanto or Coco, great films but I think will date and too close to frozen.

I think the French would love to see beauty and the beast represented in a ride or hunchback. Ratatouille was very popular.

But I don't think hunchback is the right fit for a land.
Not as a land on it's own, but I think you can squeeze in a restaurant, shop, show. They had this entire Topsy Turvy parade for the 5th (?) anniversary in the 90s. Esmeralda was a regular character to find roaming around Fantasyland in the early 2010s.

The story is so ingrained in French culture, I think the French would like it. It's something they are proud of, I think.

Belle makes a cameo in the movie of Hunchback, so we can pretend they somehow all belong to the same time period ;-) (They don't, but let's pretend)

But, what they built is amazing... when it works. "Rise" is a fantastic ride, but many parts don't work all the time and there's one section, the cannons, I don't think they're ever going to fix.
Well yes. The most important thing ofcourse is the quality of the rides. Theme is second to the ride itself but a very big second.

Well yes. The most important thing of course is the quality of the rides. Theme is second to the ride itself but a very big second.
Agreed and nobody themes like Disney. From the fact that you don't see ride track unless it fits with the theme to small touches like shaking rattlers on the rattlesnakes of BTMM. I'm just sad they've started taking the easy way out on their audio animatronics with the face projections on heads. Especially when they've done such amazing work with Mr. Potato Head, Ursula, and the Cars in Racers.

I

think that could work but is it another trackless ride? Too close to phantom manor? Although I'd love them to theme it more like a museum than a house.
It is a trackless ride but is totally different than Phantom Manor and also pretty different from Ratatouille. Wouldn’t really fit in the Studios park without substantial changes though.

Agreed and nobody themes like Disney.

I used to think the same, but I'm not so sure anymore. Nintendo lands and Harry Potter are as good as some of the best Disney lands. There is still nothing else like Tokyo Disney Sea as a whole park, but I'm really excited about Epic Universe, let's what Universal can create from scratch and with the right budget and ambition.

I used to think the same, but I'm not so sure anymore. Nintendo lands and Harry Potter are as good as some of the best Disney lands. There is still nothing else like Tokyo Disney Sea as a whole park, but I'm really excited about Epic Universe, let's what Universal can create from scratch and with the right budget and ambition.
You know, I wasn't thinking of Potter in Universal.. yeah.. Disney has forced Universal to up it's game.. I do look forward to both Nintendo land in CA and Epic Universe. Universal is now on par with Disney and sometimes better. But Batuu and Pandora are GORGEOUS so immersive.

Think DLP Park is up in that league. Adventure land is amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter