The 2017 Eat and Run Tour

ThatGuyOnce

Earning My Ears
I brought DD to Orlando to help her move into CP housing. Park tickets weren't in the budget, but ya gotta eat. I stayed offsite so I used my rental car strategically.

Day 1: Sanaa & more
As with most Disney dining, you'd probably get more for your money at some restaurant at home, but they wouldn't have freakin' giraffes outside the window. Being fans of Indian food with a taste for the experimental, we agreed on Sanaa. It's an Indian-African fusion place, and the combo works well. We started with samosas, which came with a mango chutney and a tamarind sauce. No surprises there, but everything was delicious, and the samosas themselves surpassed my local India Palace. For entrees, DD ordered the Fragrant Duck and I had Braised Beef with Chickpea Wat. She got the better of the deal. The beef was tender and flavorful, but the duck had the advantage. I jealously eyeballed my neighbor's lamb shank, vowing to return. We skipped dessert in favor of a trip to the Polynesian for Dole Whips. (They're more refreshing on a muggy 95 degree afternoon.)

Day 2: California Grill
Go big before you go home. Knowing DD will be on a tight budget eating affordable food from the local Publix, I decided to treat her to some signature dining with fireworks. (As it turned out, she recignized one of the chefs in the open kitchen from her days at Epcot Food & Wine, so she re-established a connection.) for an appetizer, we had flatbread with chicken sausage and goat cheese. It was exquisite. For entrees, DD out-ordered me again, opting for the sea bass while I had the seared tuna. The bass was flavorful and perfectly textured. While my tuna was nicely seasoned and seared well, it just didn't measure up. The true stars on my plate were the forbidden rice and a couple of cubes of guanciale that exploded with savory, salty, and greasy goodness. For dessert we had the chocolate pudding cake, which inexplicably had a few salty patches. Overall, it's a bit spendy, but the food is good, there children are few, and the view is amazing. Stay or return for Wishes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter