That was *not* fun...

mamabunny

DIS Veteran
Hi all. 'Member me? 🤔

I've been out sick... first I got a sinus infection that was being stubborn, and then the 'Rona got me, and got me bad. I was able to stay home, and out of the hospital (barely) but got the quite the assortment of what my doctor called "support" medications; antibiotics, steroids, plus an inhaler. I will spare you the details, but I hope to never go through that again.

I do not wish that upon anyone, anywhere. Period.

If you have not had COVID yet, congratulations! Do everything in your power to stay safe, and healthy, and avoid it.

Regardless, just stay safe & healthy. Please.

I'm so glad that I am able to be back here with my friends. I missed y'all!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you were so miserably sick, but am very glad to hear your recovering.

Four of our five family members got COVID in January. How my DD managed to avoid getting it, I'll never know. Unfortunately, my husband is still struggling 2+ weeks later (he has an autoimmune disease that already affects many of the things COVID also impacted). I agree it is NOT fun.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear you were so miserably sick, but am very glad to hear your recovering.

Four of our five family members got COVID in January. How my DD managed to avoid getting it, I'll never know. Unfortunately, my husband is still struggling 2+ weeks later (he has an autoimmune disease that already affects many of the things COVID also impacted). I agree it is NOT fun.

Your hubby has my best wishes for a complete recovery; the toll that COVID takes on the immune system has been eye-opening for me, certainly. I knew I had autoimmune issues going in, but I always foolishly believed that I at least had some semblance of an immune system remaining.

That would be wrong.

Our entire family went down with it at the same time; it was my worst nightmare come true. The only good thing was that our adult daughter's boyfriend had recovered previously, and so was able to run errands and pick up food and medicine for us. He was a godsend.

Aside from the bone-crushing exhaustion, my biggest issue at the moment is a roaring case of insomnia. At least I have *finally* tested negative!

I'm guessing the antibiotics were prescribed for your sinus infection? Or did you get bacterial pneumonia in your lungs? I'm afraid that's what will happen to my mom if she ever gets COVID - she has COPD, asthma, and is very, very obese. Plus, she had a heart attack and quad bypass surgery a few years ago. The only "good" thing about the recent version of the virus is that it seems to infect the upper respiratory region more than the lungs. Not good for you though, if you were fighting off a sinus infection first! Hope you feel all better soon!

Aside from the bone-crushing exhaustion, my biggest issue at the moment is a roaring case of insomnia. At least I have *finally* tested negative!

Our Pastor and family had it. He said they were sooo tired , they needed to take a nap to get the energy to climb the stairs to go take a nap.

Glad you're back.

Mamabunny: I am so glad you are doing better. Just take your time getting back to "normal" with lots of rest.
I had a very bad time with covid too, and am just lucky to be here!
It is the worst thing I've ever had.
I am so glad you are better now:) (I did wonder where you were on here)

Glad you are finally on the mend. I am so worried about my Dad getting it. He gets a cold and it turns into pneumonia practically overnight --- very scary stuff. Take your time getting better and getting lots of rest still. The fatigue I hear is the worst part.

Hi all. 'Member me? 🤔

I've been out sick... first I got a sinus infection that was being stubborn, and then the 'Rona got me, and got me bad. I was able to stay home, and out of the hospital (barely) but got the quite the assortment of what my doctor called "support" medications; antibiotics, steroids, plus an inhaler. I will spare you the details, but I hope to never go through that again.

If you have not had COVID yet, congratulations! Do everything in your power to stay safe, and healthy, and avoid it.

So glad you are better! You were missed!

Oh no!! I was just thinking about you yesterday that I hadn't seen you post in awhile. I'm SO glad to hear you are better and turned the corner. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery!

I also know so many who have come down with it since mid-December especially. Fortunately they were vaccinated and had no underlying health issues. It's just so contagious that it's hard to avoid when one family gets it everyone seems to get it. Take it easy and I will look forward to seeing posts from you!! :)

I am vaccinated but got Covid in November. It wasn't too bad but I am still struggling with fatigue and shortness of breath. I have not been back to work since because I can't go very long on my feet, physically working. Maybe if I had a desk job it would be easier, but my job is physical. I am getting better and am hoping to go back next month.

Hi all. 'Member me? 🤔

missed you. glad you are getting better. have not had so far and hope to keep it that way. part of family is just getting over it all had at once

I'm guessing the antibiotics were prescribed for your sinus infection? Or did you get bacterial pneumonia in your lungs? I'm afraid that's what will happen to my mom if she ever gets COVID - she has COPD, asthma, and is very, very obese. Plus, she had a heart attack and quad bypass surgery a few years ago. The only "good" thing about the recent version of the virus is that it seems to infect the upper respiratory region more than the lungs. Not good for you though, if you were fighting off a sinus infection first! Hope you feel all better soon!

Yes - I got the sinus infection, and then COVID. Things escalated quickly... I think if I had not been sick with the sinus infection going in, they might not have been as aggressive, although given the fact that my autoimmune system seems to have just packed bags and left, maybe they would have anyway?

It never really sank very low down into my lungs - it kind of stayed up high, but the impulse to cough was never ending. There were nights when we would all just cough all night, and no one got any sleep. I can see where anyone with any kind of respiratory issues should not get this.

Our Pastor and family had it. He said they were sooo tired , they needed to take a nap to get the energy to climb the stairs to go take a nap.

Glad you're back.

That sounds about right! It's kinda like when you go on a crazy Disney vacation - and when you get home you need another vacation to recover from your Disney trip - only I didn't get any Mickey Waffles, and the most exciting ride was the one to CVS to get my prescriptions... LOL

Mamabunny: I am so glad you are doing better. Just take your time getting back to "normal" with lots of rest.
I had a very bad time with covid too, and am just lucky to be here!
It is the worst thing I've ever had.
I am so glad you are better now:) (I did wonder where you were on here)

OK, well we will recuperate together! If this was a "mild" case, I am genuinely frightened at what a "serious" case would be.

Glad you are finally on the mend. I am so worried about my Dad getting it. He gets a cold and it turns into pneumonia practically overnight --- very scary stuff. Take your time getting better and getting lots of rest still. The fatigue I hear is the worst part.

Keep dad healthy - this stuff is no joke. It came on super fast as well - it felt like someone flipped a switch.

I am vaccinated but got Covid in November. It wasn't too bad but I am still struggling with fatigue and shortness of breath. I have not been back to work since because I can't go very long on my feet, physically working. Maybe if I had a desk job it would be easier, but my job is physical. I am getting better and am hoping to go back next month.

I didn't know you were sick in November - I'm so sorry it's taking you so long to bounce back. It really is stupidly exhausting. Come and sit with me and @disneyseniors on the porch, and we will all recuperate together!

Mamabunny: Yes it was awful. I could not eat for a month and lost 30#. I could drink some things and that is all I did. Had severe chills that knocked me out of the chair, high fevers, nausea, weakness. Just to name a few. It really was scarey but at the time I was kind of out of it and not thinking right. I had extended symptoms for over a month, ugh. I lost my hearing and after 4 months have finally got it back! one of the worst things was having NO energy. When I tried to take a shower, I had to sit down, stop and rest, restart, rest, through the whole process - it took an hour to do. I am so thankful to be here and recuperate with you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter