• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving week??

forever-groovy

Earning My Ears
How bad is it? I have heard different stories. That is about the only week we can go becaus eof school and I have heard it was very crowded, and I have also heard it was not too bad. Please, any info from those who have been? Thanks!

We've been twice during this week. The crowds aren't that bad at the beginning of the week but by Wed they build, Thursday is a zoo and Friday is pretty crowded too. Our plan, since we also do Universal/Islands of Adventure, is to do Disney early in the week, then switch to a Universal property (usually Hard Rock) so that we have front of the line access during the more crowded days.

We've been twice during this week and will be there this year too! We arrive Sunday, do the parks Monday - Friday,and leave Saturday. Monday - Wednesday are not bad at all- really quite slow at the beginning. Wednesday does start to get a little more crowded, Thursday is wild- especially at MK. Friday is crowded, but not as bad as you might think. We do spend Thursday in MK though, just have a plan. It is early entry, so utilize that if you go Thursday. We did Fantasyland during EE and rode everything there. After lunch, the place is a zoo. We make a lunch PS and then watch the afternoon parade. We do a few rides after lunch, but only a few. It is neat to see the Christmas decorations at MK- this is the first day they are up. Friday, we do a different park- usually AK for half-day then Epcot of MGM. Use FastPass and have a plan and you will be OK. I've heard the weekends of this week are a nightmare- before and after. We avoid those. Just be prepared for Thursday and Friday and have a great time! We love this week- great weather, low crowds at the beginning and managable later, and you get to see the parks before and after Christmas decorations! Have a great time and see you there!!!:)

Thanks for the tips. I have never beem so I have a lot to learn. We are going to Universal the sat. and sun. before, then Disney parks mon.- Fri. So I hope we do okay. What is the fast pass everyone is talking about? How does it work and how do I get it? Thanks again!

FastPass is a pass at some of the major rides in the parks- space Mountain, TOT, RNR, etc. You put your ticket in a machine and it gives you a time to return to ride. You then go off and do whatever. When you return at your time, you get in a separate line than the non-FastPassers and get right through. It makes the wait tremendously faster. This allows you to get a FastPass for a certain ride and then go to another while you wait for your time! It works great and helps you be sure you get everything you want to ride in. Check out wdwig.com for more information on FastPass- I think it lists the rides with FastPass.

Thanks! that sounds liek a good thing to do. I can't wait to go, but I am stressed about paying off my balance on my trip and then buying the Universal tickets. I know it will work out though and be worth the money! BTW, I saw some place that Blizzard Beach will be open the week we go....any one had any luck doing water parks Thanksgiving week? We love them and hope to spend a day there.:Pinkbounc

I've never done a water park but I can tell you that the last two trips we've had have been during Thanksgiving week and the weather- while nice- can be chilly! The mornings and evenings are cool enough for children to need a jacket and maybe pants. The days warm up nicely, so you might be able to do it- just know that it is Nov. and it could be cool!

I thought about it being cool, but wonder why they would be open those days then? I am in New Orleans and the weather is about the same, it is sometimes cool here but usually warm for Thanksgiving, at least in the afternoon. My luck it will be one of the few cold ones. lol

Hey...We'll be there too for Thanksgiving! We arrive on Wed. and leave on Sunday for the Disney cruise. Not looking forward to the crowds, but have to make the best of it. We'll still have a wonderful time!
With the weather. I guess it depends on where you're from. We're from Montana. So to us, Florida can't be chilly. We'll just enjoy what we get.

Can't wait!!

I am in New Orleans, so I would do the water parks even if it was not really warm. I just wondered if they would close them if it is not real warm, and I figure it must be warm enough a lot of the time or they would not open them at that week at all. I will just hope for the best!

We have been twice at Thanksgiving. It does get crowded as the week goes on. But its do able. Just at a slower pace. Nice to see Christmas decorations. Do Magic Kingdom early in the week. We do Animal Kingdom on Thanksgiving or Sea World. Have eaten Thanksgiving specials in resorts they had turkey both at All Stars and Port Orleans, Riverside. Of course there are always turkey legs in the park.

I also wonder what kind of clothes to bring. I guess I need to bring shorts and jeans huh? I will bring sweaters for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter