• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving week got increased....

WOW! Can you tell me what the crowds are typically like the week leading up the Thanksgiving (i.e. Mon, Tues, Wed) as well as the whole holiday long weekend? I'm assuming it's crazy with the crowds...but I'm potentially planning a trip for Thanksgiving.

Thanks!

well Sun- tues use to be okay - but WDW doesn't change their hours for nothing....

they are expecting crowds of people the entire week...

Thanks for the update, Spiceycat! I know it will be crowded while we are there, so we will do our usual, by arriving right when the parks open, then clearing out around lunchtime. In the evenings we'll try to do some things in the parks that don't require long waits.

Originally posted by spiceycat
well Sun- tues use to be okay - but WDW doesn't change their hours for nothing....

they are expecting crowds of people the entire week...

We went last year for Thanksgiving, and going by the reports of lighter crowds the weekend beofre, getting heavier as the week went by, so by Wednesday it was crowded, we went thinking we could breeze through the parks Sat- Tues. NOT.

It was a madhouse! We did not go to any park on Thanksgiving Day, and a friend of mine did. She said it was horrible. She never saw MK so crowded.

We were at MK on the Monday before Thanksgiving, and actually were in a gridlock! We were leaving Mickey's Philharmonic and as we entered out to the walkway, the carousel or something was letting off, and nobody could move for about ten minutes. It was a bit scary.

So, this year, we have decided to avoid the parks that offer early open, and go to another park, figuring it may be just a tad less crowded. Also, we do not plan on hitting any of the parks on Thanksgiving Day again. Going to cook in the villa.

Thanks for the info. With such late hours it may not be so crowded in the late evening when families with little ones head to their hotels. I'm one of those who avoids MK on Thanksgiving day at all costs. Learned that lesson the hard way. Only 7 more days until my vacation starts!:wave:
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by wintergreen
we will do our usual, by arriving right when the parks open, then clearing out around lunchtime. In the evenings we'll try to do some things in the parks that don't require long waits.

So is this everyone's plan now? That's what we do too.

Thanks for the excellent info SC!

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter