Thanksgiving WDW & SSR

Dis Hawk

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are new to DVC (BCV late 2003), have yet to set foot in WDW, and we already are in the process of adding at SSR. This is addicting!! Thanks to everyone who contributes to these discussions. You've been a tremendous help.

We are so hooked on DVC, we are already planning several years ahead, including Thanksgiving 2005, which leads to my question ...

We are planning on taking extended family to SSR at this time. We were curious what Thanksgiving was like at WDW. Are any Christmas decorations up? Any other festivities? Any tips, hints, secrets, etc would be welcome. Thanks again!!

Mike

Welcome Home.

Thanksgiving 2003 was good. Christmas Decorations were up a little earlier than usual in each park and resorts.

The crowds begin to arrive on Wednesday.

The Candelight Processional in Epcot does not begin until the Friday after Thanksgiving (a must see).

Enjoy and have a Magical Holiday stay.

My family and I went to WDW this past T'Giving...actually, we arrived the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Decorations were already up at our resort (Port Orleans--Riverside), and the decorations were up at the Parks by the Monday of T'Giving week.

It's a beautiful time to go! WDW goes all out with its decorations!!! In fact, we are planning our next trip to WDW this December, just so we can be part of the "Holiday Magic" again.

But be forewarned...it does get crowded that week--so bring lots of patience! And make use of the FastPasses!! (We learned that you can only hold 1 fastpass at a time, until about 30-60 minutes before your "slotted" ride time. Didn't realize that beforehand...)

Good luck, and Welcome Home! You're right, this IS addicting!!
--Sarah ::MinnieMo

We ar going day after Thanksgiving thru 1st week in Dec. Great time lots of holiday decorations, crowds usually start to taper off then and the weather is usually nice but can get cold so plan for it. My son once bought a blanket at Mexico because he didn't take my advice and wear his coat to Epcot one night. He never likes to admit I'm right so he told me he fell in love with the blanket. LOL Never used it when we got home and we laugh about it now. He said he was absolutely freezing, He was 14 then and now a much wiser 26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter