Thanksgiving vs. Christmas

cathynmichigan

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan a trip for the end of this year and working around our DS schedules. One in college and one in high school. That being said, are both of those holidays equally busy? Thanksgiving we would go wed - Sunday and Christmas would be the 18th-23rd. Any suggestions?

We're hoping to go Thanksgiving because according to **************.net it's not as busy as Christmas and when I price it out it seems quite a bit cheaper.

I can't speak for Christmas but we went Thanksgiving week 2011 (friday before thanksgiving until friday after) and one of the CM's told me it was the busiest Thanksgiving that she can remember. The weather was beautiful so that could have been one reason.

The Friday, Saturday and Sunday before Thanksgiving were very doable and not crowded much. That being said from Monday on it got more and more crowded. Thanksgiving day wasn't too bad--we went to AK-- however by early afternoon it was packed. The Friday after Thanksgiving was very busy also.

I believe Christmas is probably much busier but I can only speak from my experience.

Would I go again at that time? You bet! Just be prepared and get there for rope drops and you will be fine :).

Christmas is busier. You can usually determine with fairly decent accuracy the level of crowdedness at WDW by how much they are charging to stay at their hotels during that time.

Christmas is more expensive than Thanksgiving, so you can reasonably expect more crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter