Thanks for the help

Chirple

DIS Veteran
Hi, I wanted to circle back and thank you for all of the tips that helped me get through a few Disney cruises and a number of trips to WDW.

Background—my right knee blew shortly before our November 2019 cruise. The swelling and pain were excruciating, and I spent part of that cruise in a wheelchair. I came to the Disabilities forum looking for some suggestions on how to make my future trips more enjoyable. I bought an inexpensive rollator, already had a cane from a broken foot, and rented an ECV twice from Scooterbug.

Meanwhile, I had been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, along with a Baker’s cyst behind the right one (leaked and was the source of the hideous swelling). Had 3 rounds of gel injections in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Finally went to a surgeon who said my left knee was so bad it could not wait until spring 2023, which was after my current project went live.

I am currently in a hospital bed post TKR on my left knee. I have only had to take pain relief once to take the edge off. The post-surgical dressing has been removed and replaced with a waterproof bandage for showering. I have staples to hold everything in place, and today is my first PT day.

Again, thank you for your kindness and help!
(Edited to remove x-rays.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the thanks!
Hope you recovery is uneventful and goes quickly

I'm glad you found the tips here helpful for your trips. Good luck with your PT and recovery!

My TKP was the best thing that I ever did. I hope yours is the same. I hope your recovery and PT goes well and you are soon back to enjoying the Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter