Thanks But Time To Say So Long

MissSha

...and all was right with the world
With all the things Disney has taken away from us DVC adult couple travelers, and everyone actually, plus the stupid genie app, the never-ending lines and extra cost to ride "premuim" rides that you can never get a time slot for, not to mention the $3000/2 nights Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser........

WE REFUSE TO CONTINUE BEING ENABLERS AND WE SOLD OUR DVC MEMBERSHIP! NICE JOB DISNEY.....YOU COULD HAVE HAD 2 MORE POOR AND STUPID SOULS CONTINUING TO THROW OUR MONEY AT YOU IF YOU HAD ONLY REMEMBERED WALT'S VISION.....

I get it. My name’s Carol. And I’m a Disneyholic. It’s been ~three years since I joined DVC. My last use of my magic band was marathon weekend and just “yuck” at the parks… the resort was great, though, so we’ll stay signed up for now. They say it takes multiple attempts to quit an addiction. They also say you should choose your addictions wisely….
I saw Mickey painted on a wall in Huancayo, once. Maybe go visit Peru or another vacation destination and come back when the silliness has returned to being just fun.

With all the things Disney has taken away from us DVC adult couple travelers, and everyone actually, plus the stupid genie app, the never-ending lines and extra cost to ride "premuim" rides that you can never get a time slot for, not to mention the $3000/2 nights Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser........

WE REFUSE TO CONTINUE BEING ENABLERS AND WE SOLD OUR DVC MEMBERSHIP! NICE JOB DISNEY.....YOU COULD HAVE HAD 2 MORE POOR AND STUPID SOULS CONTINUING TO THROW OUR MONEY AT YOU IF YOU HAD ONLY REMEMBERED WALT'S VISION.....
Isn't it Walt's vision to make money?

I get it. I really do.

If you can, PLEASE let WDW guest relations hear from you: guest.services@disneyworld.com

I really do understand all of your frustrations.... except the Starcruiser. Yes, it's a high price tag, but I'm really not sure what it's got to do with DVC or the parks experience in general. I see how the other things you listed seem/are "required" or directly impact DVC.... but no one is making you do the Starcruiser? It's one of the most optional of optional experiences...

I really do understand all of your frustrations.... except the Starcruiser. Yes, it's a high price tag, but I'm really not sure what it's got to do with DVC or the parks experience in general. I see how the other things you listed seem/are "required" or directly impact DVC.... but no one is making you do the Starcruiser? It's one of the most optional of optional experiences...
you're right....I see your point for sure. It's just one more point about how Disney has lost it's way.

Have you write them directly? .. I'm still a believer.. and if enough people complain and ask for more they might listen..
Of course if you'd like to see changes happening...

You know Disney can't hear you right? Why are you yelling at us for?

LOL....not yelling at you. You're right....how silly of me! Disney is NOT listening for sure!

Unfortunately this is the problem, there is no dearth of people wanting to buy into DVC. You sold, but obviously you sold to someone else who will fill those rooms, buy those tickets, spend the money in the parks. Disney isn't going to feel your refusal to spend money there, as you've just been replaced by someone else who will. If you want to be heard, write a letter. I don't know what good it will do but if there are enough formal complaints maybe the pendulum will start to swing back. That's my hope anyway - I don't own DVC (we just rent it), so I can easily just spend my dollars elsewhere if I don't like what's happening at Disney. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some changes. I love Disney _ I don't want to have to give it up.

Unfortunately this is the problem, there is no dearth of people wanting to buy into DVC. You sold, but obviously you sold to someone else who will fill those rooms, buy those tickets, spend the money in the parks. Disney isn't going to feel your refusal to spend money there, as you've just been replaced by someone else who will. If you want to be heard, write a letter. I don't know what good it will do but if there are enough formal complaints maybe the pendulum will start to swing back. That's my hope anyway - I don't own DVC (we just rent it), so I can easily just spend my dollars elsewhere if I don't like what's happening at Disney. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some changes. I love Disney _ I don't want to have to give it up.

So true Annabelle! I hear you! We had owned DVC for 16 years and we actually did express our concerns to our DVC rep (who changed multiple times over the years). We were told that all of the "perks" of DVC membership would transfer to the buyer if we sold, which was absolutely not true for our buyer. The fact that our concerns fell on deaf ears multiple times lead me to believe they would again. I just lost my steam........:)

It's so easy to scroll by. You are choosing to engage. This is a forum where people vent all the time. You might want to skip by if it offends you in some way.
It doesn't offend me, I just don't understand why yelling at random ppl is necessary while venting. It's also very hard to read such big letters, but either way I don't intent to engage with the post anymore. Have a nice day :)

It doesn't offend me, I just don't understand why yelling at random ppl is necessary while venting. It's also very hard to read such big letters, but either way I don't intent to engage with the post anymore. Have a nice day :)
really? all caps ONLY means yelling to you? sigh......again, not yelling at anyone. geez......

correct...venting, not yelling at anyone. geez.....
In starlite_'s defense, from an article in 2012,

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...lk-about-when-we-talk-about-caps-lock/263941/
Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!). If you take away nothing from this 'how-to' other than knowing that typing in "caps" is widely despised on the Internet, consider it time well spent.

In starlite_'s defense, from an article in 2012,

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...lk-about-when-we-talk-about-caps-lock/263941/
Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!). If you take away nothing from this 'how-to' other than knowing that typing in "caps" is widely despised on the Internet, consider it time well spent.

LOL.....it amazes me where we are as a society.....so tender....so quick to be offended..... I often have to type in all caps for some of the programs I access in the hospital where I work, so it's something I switch back and forth from often. I'm assuming you are quoting from an article in the Atlantic here in your response? Are YOU rude for not using quotation marks? Are YOU rude for using bold?? Of course not. I can almost bet, if I had used a different style font, an unpopular emoji, italics, etc. the "wa wa" police would make note of that as well. Toughen up all you buttercups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter