Thank you, thank you, thank you

quasi

Earning My Ears
Not a question, just a great big THANK YOU. When I saw the news, the first thing I thought of was get to the UK board on the DIS. I just saw on the news a most moving moment. In the wake of the great tragedy here in the USA on Tuesday Sept 11, I just saw the Changing of the Guard in your country and the band playing our National Anthem. What a beautiful, moving, and loving moment. I cannot tell you again how this made me feel, to know that you and your country care. I cannot express in words how I feel, but please, just one more time, let me say thank you.

I just stood in my family room and watched the TV as the Coldstream Guard's band played the National Anthem in the courtyard of Buckingham Palace. I have been so stunned and depressed by the cowardly attacks in New York and Virginia that I have been numb. I was so moved by this symbol of solidarity that I cried. God Bless the United States of America and God bless the United Kingdom...this is not the first time you have stood by our side in times of adversity.

What a wonderfully kind and compassionate thing for England to do!! THANK YOu for standing next to us during this terrible time!!

I've seen the Changing of the Guard in person and on TV many times and it never moved me like it did tonight.

God bless the UK and the USA

Thank you :)

Oh my! This post, like one on our UK Dis has literally made me cry.

As I said there - thanks are not necessary my friends - we are one, we are family!

Words are not adequate at this time - may you all know that we all are praying for you all and will keep you in our hearts and thoughts.

As Hilary has said on our UK Dis - we have just had a 3 Minute Silence here and it was just so moving, so complete - you could almost touch it.

God Bless us all.

Ditto to everything Janice said.

My thoughts continue to be with you all.

Penny

I think the reactions of the British people have shown that the Atlantic is not such a very big ocean that we can't reach out to touch those on the other side at times like this.

Thanks are not necessary.

My in-laws are in Scotland for the trip of their lives and we finally got an email from them today. They are in Oban, Argyll, Scotland. They are overwhelmed with the kindness being shown them when people realize they are American. Thank you for your kindness to them. Fortunately they are there to see relatives and will have somewhere to stay if their return flight is delayed. Their email said Parliament disclosed that as many as 1 in 10 victims may have been from the UK. Please accept my sympathy as well.
Thank you also for the wonderful tribute at the changing of the guard.

I can only repeat what I have just posted on the UK DIS, because I am overwhelmed with the same sentiments I expressed there -
Not for the first time today, I'm in tears. I wish I could just come over there and hug as many of you as I could possibly manage to hug.
That isn't possible right now, but I tell you my friends we are just crying with you.
Today we had the opportunity of sharing three minutes silence in Europe and a very dignified and moving service with all our thoughts and love directed right at you America - if there was more that we could do, we would do it.
The physical distance may be great but we are right there, right there with you.

One of the most touching moments for me was seeing the playing of our National Anthem at the changing of the guard. For some reason, it sounded especially beautiful and heartfelt. I feel like we are one with the people of the UK and will never forget the support we have received from them. God Bless you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter