• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank You Pete!

shellynn24

DIS Veteran
Thank you so much for your awesome kind words about military members. I am one of those soldiers that never served in Iraq or Afghanistan and sometimes I think we don't get as much respect and it was so nice to hear you say any military member that wears the uniform regardless of deployment status deserves the same respect and praise.

Some of us still can't get a job that pays over the poverty level. I have been battling this for the last 5 years. Because I am a single mom and I don't have a bachelors degree I guess employers feel I'm not worth the money. You are right about one thing, a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine have so much training that missing a bachelors degree should not be seen as a negative. I always tell people that while you were partying in college getting that vital degree, I was spending nights in the field in Korea protecting the rights of this country.

Thank you for reading my story and your constant support of the military...all of you on the podcast team!

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I want to add my thanks for your service. I so admire and appreciate all service members who make our freedom and life here possible. Thank You!

Thank You for your service to our country. Freedom is not free.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you so much for your awesome kind words about military members. I am one of those soldiers that never served in Iraq or Afghanistan and sometimes I think we don't get as much respect and it was so nice to hear you say any military member that wears the uniform regardless of deployment status deserves the same respect and praise.

Some of us still can't get a job that pays over the poverty level. I have been battling this for the last 5 years. Because I am a single mom and I don't have a bachelors degree I guess employers feel I'm not worth the money. You are right about one thing, a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine have so much training that missing a bachelors degree should not be seen as a negative. I always tell people that while you were partying in college getting that vital degree, I was spending nights in the field in Korea protecting the rights of this country.

Thank you for reading my story and your constant support of the military...all of you on the podcast team!

I to want to thank all of those who have served. I have not yet listened to the pod-cast, but as a spouse of a retired Navy person, I want to express my views. As a spouse you are required to support the service member. For 25 years,my spouse missed birthdays, graduations, and weddings. Not to mention first steps and words. We did not have the luxury of skype in the 70's, just snail mail. I went through a lot of hardships when he was over seas. Lost paychecks, no communication, and no support groups to rely on. We lived over 100 miles from his reserve unit. The military spouse is just as important as the service member, and I am grateful that Disney recognizes this. So to all the military spouses out there, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO.

I to want to thank all of those who have served. I have not yet listened to the pod-cast, but as a spouse of a retired Navy person, I want to express my views. As a spouse you are required to support the service member. For 25 years,my spouse missed birthdays, graduations, and weddings. Not to mention first steps and words. We did not have the luxury of skype in the 70's, just snail mail. I went through a lot of hardships when he was over seas. Lost paychecks, no communication, and no support groups to rely on. We lived over 100 miles from his reserve unit. The military spouse is just as important as the service member, and I am grateful that Disney recognizes this. So to all the military spouses out there, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO.

I was also an Army wife for 8 years. Sometimes I thought this "job" was harder then being in the Army, lol. Keeping the household together all on your own through mulitple deployments is difficult, stressful, and rewarding. Thankfully we had support groups to help us through it. Disney was always very supportive of me and the kids when he was away. They always made the kids feel special when we would visit while Daddy was deployed.

Michelle

First thank you so much for your sacrifice. I was never in the military but my Dad was for 24 years. I grew up a Navy brat. To give back I am now a nurse in at the VA taking care of our American heros.
The VA has a big part in only hiring veterans. Have you tried going to the VA and see what type of job traing you can recieve? The jobs are all posted on USAJOBS.com and you are eligable to apply for not only the public one but the status canidate ones also. I am sorry if I am telling you information that you already know.
Again Thank You!:thumbsup2
Cheryl

Thank you to all who serve for our freedom!!! My nephew is in Afghanistan now, just out of HS :( He just lost 2 of his brothers and others lost limbs just last week. There are no words... BUT thanks you to you all!!!! :hug:

Michelle

First thank you so much for your sacrifice. I was never in the military but my Dad was for 24 years. I grew up a Navy brat. To give back I am now a nurse in at the VA taking care of our American heros.
The VA has a big part in only hiring veterans. Have you tried going to the VA and see what type of job traing you can recieve? The jobs are all posted on USAJOBS.com and you are eligable to apply for not only the public one but the status canidate ones also. I am sorry if I am telling you information that you already know.
Again Thank You!:thumbsup2
Cheryl

Thank you for the info. I am a government employee now, just not a very high ranking one. I just need to keep working my way up the line. I am very grateful for the job I have, it took me a long time to find it. Any job is better then no job.

Thank you to all who serve for our freedom!!! My nephew is in Afghanistan now, just out of HS :( He just lost 2 of his brothers and others lost limbs just last week. There are no words... BUT thanks you to you all!!!! :hug:

Thank you to your nephew for being out there doing a job that is so hard, physically and emotionally. Hope he comes home soon safe and sound :littleangel:

I'm a bit late in catching up on the podcasts. Just listened to this segment today and must say how much I agree with Pete. As a vet of a different era, I want to be sure that those serving today are getting the respect and appreciation they deserve. Its a tough job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter