• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you Moderators!!

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
This past year has been unprecedented. As I travel I see people very much on edge. But I think it is important to remember that everyone is going through something .... so being grateful along the way and kind is important. So, I want you to say THANK YOU to the moderators of these boards. They devote a good deal of time to ensuring the posts and boards run smoothly. There may be times when we don't appreciate what they do or how they handle a situation but please remember to be kind!! They are doing their best to help ensure these boards work the best they can and we can get have a community here!! So, if you are new here ... keep that in mind! If you are a veteran or have been around for awhile ... always remember it is not an easy task! Thank You Moderators. I have enjoyed these boards for 15 years and appreciate all you do!

Possibly helping explain why we do certain things may help.

A new Theme Park Plans sub-forum was created a few months ago where members are asked to place their personal, 'What would you do' questions yet many still put those on the general TPAS board. Those threads are moved to the Theme Park Plans sub-forum as they are looking for feedback about their personal trips and there are people there who really enjoy helping people plan so questions about specifics for their trip (e.g. 'Should we go in Oct or Feb' or, 'I'm going to the parks these days, help me plan my parks' and ) go there.

We also have very helpful consolidated threads about specific topics, e.g. Park Hopping; Rope Dropping, etc. We found the same questions being asked often so threads on those topics were created and are merged together. We created a 'one stop shop' for answers. Taking a moment to look at the threads pinned in yellow to the top of a board will hopefully allow someone to find the answer they're looking for.

An arrow beside a post does not always indicate moved elsewhere, it can indicate a thread was merged with a current thread that answers their question. Yesterday a new thread was started when just 5 posts later there was a thread on that exact same topic with over 70 responses that had been given recently.

When a discussion gets off topic, e.g. discussing topics for other boards such as housekeeping or similar, we guide the discussion away from that on the Theme Parks boards. People share this information in the midst of their 'Here Now and Just Back' posts and we don't remove it but, when that thread starts to discuss cleaning of rooms or lack of cleaning of rooms we request that it stop. It is a discussion welcomed in the Disney Resorts board, not the Theme Parks boards.

We are working hard to keep information easily available and part of this is keeping similar threads together.

If you see something you don't feel should be on the 'Theme Parks Strategies and Attractions' board, click the 'Report' button and we're happy to take a look at it.

If you don't like what has been done, send an email to admin@wdwinfo.com and they will review.

If.mods don't get paid they should. With the amount of ads all over this forum they shouldn't be doing it for free.

Last edited:
Always gonna be 2 sides of the coin. I appreciate everything they do. Might not agree with it all the time but that is life. It's a non paying job (I believe) and that just crazy in my eyes.
Are there though? A person made a post thanking these unpaid people for their hard work. Do people HAVE to make this the place to voice their grievances? Nope but that’s the Dis way! The mod literally gave the ways people who are unhappy could voice that :) but here we are. Just pointing out a thank you thread doesn’t need to be the soapbox grievance thread to the mods, you could start your own suggestions for the mods thread for that.
Thanks for doing a thankless job mods both old and new. I miss some of those that are no longer doing it and appreciate those that are!

Thank you for the appreciation! I enjoy sharing my love for Disney with you all! I’ve been out of state on vacation for the last 20 days. But will be back in the parks in a couple days!

Indeed, and this one still sits here on the TPA board though it has zero to do with theme park planning.

If you have an issue with the moderating of this board, please send an email to admin@wdwinfo.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter