Thank you for the great advice !

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
These boards are so wonderful.

We plan on an AAA discount on our YC standard room.
We also want to be able to utilize the DDP.

We do not want to go through AAA to get a package b/c we will not use their perks.
I do not think AAA would be less expensive than me doing my own 'package'.

The boards recommended and I verified with WDW - I can buy our 10 day park hopper pass with water park and more option and get the DDP for everynight of our YC reservation.
That will be per person: 13 CS, 13 TS and 13 snacks :goodvibes

We will spend 10 days in the Parks. One day at DTD & DQ, one day at TL, and one day at either Seaworld or Harry Potter World (if it is opened).
With 10 options added on - we could do DQ again on a raining day.
We would never use up 10 options.

I do wish they would add mini-golf to the option list.

If you want the dining plan, and a AAA discount you need a pkg and need to book it thru AAA.There is no way around this that I am aware of.Unless you are an AP or DVc holder in which case they would probably have a better discount rate anyway.

I called WDW today. They said I could book YC room only Easter 2010 this November 12, 2008.
Then look for AAA discount from WDW in late 2009.
I can buy the 10 day park hopper pass and add DDP to my room.
WDW said I still could have the AAA discounted YC room as long as I buy WDW tickets from them(WDW) and qualify to buy the DDP.

Is the WDW CM I talked to on the phone wrong ?

I hope not.

I called WDW today. They said I could book YC room only Easter 2010 this November 12, 2008.
Then look for AAA discount from WDW in late 2009.
I can buy the 10 day park hopper pass and add DDP to my room.
WDW said I still could have the AAA discounted YC room as long as I buy WDW tickets from them(WDW) and qualify to buy the DDP.

Is the WDW CM I talked to on the phone wrong ?

I hope not.
The DDP is available only as part of a package. It can't be purchased as an "a la carte" item.

The only way to get an AAA discount on a package is to book through AAA itself.

Therefore, the only way to buy the DDP and to simultaneously get an AAA discount is to book a package through AAA. You can get a AAA room-only discount through Disney, but for the package you must book through AAA.

To specifically answer your question, NO, the info you got on the phone is incorrect. You CAN'T book a AAA-discounted room-only reservation through Disney, and then buy your park tickets through Disney, and then also buy the DDP through Disney.

Again, DDP is not available as an a la carte option to add onto a room-only reservation, regardless of whether or not you buy tickets thru Disney.

I hope I made this clear, and I'm sorry it's not the answer you want.

Right, we've been booking through AAA for quite some time and you have to go through a AAA TA to get the package even if you already have the discounted room rate. Just a personal observation, but every time we've booked a room only through Disney CRO it has gotten totally screwed up, we just do everything through our AAA TA and have never had a single problem. We booked a bounce back room offer through CRO while at WL last Dec. then contacted our TA to add the package, omg they had it all messed up and it took her an hour on the phone with them to straighten it out.

I agree on both points:

You can only get DDP as part of a package. If you want anything more than "Room only" with the AAA discount, you must book through AAA.

Ok - maybe we'll have to go through AAA.
WDW said we can do our room only on Nov 12, 2008 for March 27,2010.
Can AAA do the same and then change to a package ?
Do we have to wait till AAA has packages out ?

I do not want to miss staying at the YC for Easter weeks.
It's possible no AAA rooms will open up, if no discounts are avaialble.

WDW may even have discounts the way the ecomony is going.
Home forclosures are increasing and job layoffs on the rise.
Travel is generally cut backby families in a recession.
So far my DH job is intact - he helps people with forclosures.
Plus we have money set aside for our 2010 WDW anniversary vacation.

So, I think I will book with WDW on Nov 12th for our March 27th, 13 night stay at the YC.
Then I will look for AAA packages in 2009 for our dates and see if AAA rates are good and available.

This is the first time we will have park-hopper passes. We have been annual pass holders in the past. I am a newbie to the DDP (we had DDE before).

Thank you for the clarification :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter