"Thank you DISboards" Newbie Trip Report October 17-23

rhondag508

Mouseketeer
I debated creating a thread at all--I'm not "all that" as a writer or photographer, but I owe our great trip results to what I learned on this board and a couple local friends, so I thought I should pay back with a little report on our recent WDW vacation. I have to hold back so that I don't sound like a Disney commercial to my local friends, but anyone who reads this will likely understand. :thumbsup2

Who?
DH, ME (your reporter and happy overplanner :)), DD8 and DD4. (I've been to Disneyland twice and DH has been to DL once. The girls hadn't been either place before the trip.)

What?
A two day drive from Oklahoma to Orlando with 6 and a morning (;)) days in the park. (The drive and staying off-site allowed us to budget in character meals and decent spending money. Gasp! Believe it or not we were perfectly happy offsite-I don't know any better, and I hope to keep it that way. Even at Free Dining time the cost would have been more than we spent especially since we had some cc points to use.)

When?

Sunday, October 17th:
Magic Kingdom, Chef Mickey's dinner (I took the chance.), MNSSHP

Monday, October 18th:
Epcot, Akershus lunch, Illuminations

Tuesday, October 19th:
Epcot, F&W food stuff, Dinner at DH's choice of restaurant off site

Wednesday, October 20th:
Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast

Thursday, October 21:

Disney Hollywood Studios, Butterfinger Cupcake (did I love it or hate it?), Fantasmic

Friday, October 22:

Animal Kingdom, Boma, DTD (Tshirt designing)

Saturday, October 23:
Magic Kingdom, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, left at noon for drive home

Where? Well...ummmm WDW!

Why? Because I learned on the DISboards that crowds and weather are better in October than in the summer or spring break time. (I didn't mind going on my birthday either!)

I hope to update each night...even if noone finds it helpful, it will make a nice log for my own memory, and I can transfer the information when scrapbooking, so it's all good. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter