Test Track and singles line

commecicommeca

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disney with my mother in May and I haven't been since 1995 so one thing on my must do list is Test Track. It's the first thing that we plan to do in Epcot and then maybe one other thing and go straight to the countries for the rest of the day. My mother has back problems and she doesn't want to take a chance on any rides that are in any way turbulent or may aggrivate her back which would not make our vacation all too pleasant. I have CP which affects balance and endurance and I'll be using an ECV for the trip.

I'll be going on Test Track by myself as I don't want to wait two hours on the regular line just to have her not go when it could be a shorter wait since I'm riding on my own anyway but I will be needing a little help getting into and out of the car, not lifted, but balancing support to make everything go faster and not hold anyone else up. Can my mother wait in the singles line with me, help me transfer, and not ride or will they make us go through the main line?

Last summer, my brother and I went through the singles line at Test Track. I'm a relatively healthy young lady, but for some reason, I was nauteous during our whole trip. I decided to go through the singles line in hopes that I would be able to ride, but alas, I was too ill. I told the CM that I wasn't feeling well, so she pointed out the exit. It wasn't a big problem, but she wasn't particularly friendly. I explained to another CM why I wasn't riding and she offered me a front of the line pass. I think it will be okay for her to wait in the singles line with you, but they emphasised that you had to be quick when I was there. Good luck!
Whitegloves' Daughter

mickey17a.gif

I believe that you will need to use fastpass for this ride. The standard line has stairs so the only way for a person with an ECV or wheelcahir would be the fastpass line.

Pooh Bear

Isn't Disney supposed to allow the use of alternate entrances after the point that wheelchairs/ECV's can no longer enter? I'd have no problem using Fastpass as long as the time isn't more than an hour or two in advance because we want to spend most of our time at the World Showcase but if the times are for the afternoon it's going to ruin the flow of our day, if the machine doesn't have the time I need can the CMs make out a special pass? Are there stairs in the singles que as well? I could do a small amount of stairs with assistance and then wait with my crutches/holding onto my mother but I wouldn't want to get stuck in a too long line after the stairs with no where to sit/lean. Does anyone know how many steps there are (I'm assuming these are normal sized stairs) and how long the wait is after that portion?

Also, does anyone know if the ECVs at Disney have crutch-holders on the back? I decided not to bother bringing my own from home with the shuttle hassle it's just easier and not much more expensive to rent one at the parks.

I don't know if there are any stairs in the singles line, but the exit for the ride cars and the entrance are in the same place; you get in the cars on one side of the car and when the ride is over you exit at the same place, but on the other side of the car (this is for everyone, not just wheelchair/ecv users). When you get on, your ecv/wheelchair is on the entrance side of the ride track. When you get off, it has to be on the other side of the track. There is an elevator to get wheelchairs/ecvs from one side to the other. There are 3 sets of preboarding rooms where you see a movie, they get the right amount of people, etc. If you go through the singles line, you are in the third room at the very end of the boarding area. Wheelchairs and ecvs are directed to the first room, near the elevator.
My suggestion is to get a fast pass or talk with the CM outside to see if/how you could do the singles line. Your mom should be bale to help you board and then wait for you. We saw someone do that on our last trip. The person just waited on the exit side of the ride with the ecv.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter