• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Terms on ADRs (can I really get a Signature restaurant for 1 TS on DDP)

pbmouseman

Mouseketeer
I managed to book my ADR's online this morning. One thing I noticed when I linked my ADR's to my reservation and DDP was the following language:

"You are able to use your Disney Dining Plan at time of fulfillment to pay for this reservation. One (1) table-service meal per person dining will be redeemed from your meal plan balance for this reservation."

Of course, that's what I'd expect to see for the regular DDP restaurants, but I got the same message for California Grill, Spirit of Aloha Show, Artist Point and Cinderella's Royal Table. Each of those I would expect to be a 2 TS credit meal. They way I interpret this, these meals are each 1 TS meals.

They're 2 credit meals no matter what the website language said.

Awhile back the website was saying that all meals were 2 credits, now they're saying one. There are a lot of problems with the website.

I figured they were 2TS meals, but to put language like that on their terms may lead someone to make reservations in reliance on that language.

And when they get to the restaurant, they'll be told it's incorrect - I'd be willing to bet that nobody's going to get a 1 credit signature meal out of that.

I'd view it as a contract. Disney represented that it would be one TS credit, the customer relied on that in making the reservation. I'm going to call and ask what that language means, because at best, it's unclear, at worst, it's misleading.

I'd view it as a contract. Disney represented that it would be one TS credit, the customer relied on that in making the reservation. I'm going to call and ask what that language means, because at best, it's unclear, at worst, it's misleading.

I found out awhile back that Disney does not worry too much about contracts based on their website info. They use the legal out of "Mistake" to cover this type of thing. I checked with my daughter who is an attorney and she said that this is definitely a legal term and, if a company chooses to do so, it can be used in such situations.

Nope, not gonna work - not if you'd like Disney to give you that 2 credit meal for 1 credit. At best you might get them to fix the error on the website.

I don't see how it's a contract until you've actually shown up at the restaurant - there's multiple chances before that for Disney to put you on notice of their mistake - just simply handing you a brochure at check-in which sets out which restaurants cost 2 credits would do it.

Last year, Disney sent out a 2007 dining plan flyer in some of the package mailings for guests who had dining plan reservations. This flyer reflected the 2007 dining plan - so it said appetizers and tips were included. (This was clearly a 2007 flyer - it had 2007 printed on the bottom of it)

There were a lot of posters saying they would insist on getting those appetizers and tips because Disney sent them that flyer in 2008. Nobody did, because Disney made a mistake and sent out the wrong flyer. That doesn't automatically entitle those who received the flyer to get the dining plan as it existed in 2007, and they didn't get it.

Same thing - based on an error on the website, you won't be entitled to receive a 2 credit meal for 1 credit. All Disney's official dining plan documentation says those meals cost 2 credits - you'll be considered to have notice of that.

Besides, if it works the way you'd like it to work, then Disney could legally charge someone 2 credits for that meal at Tony's if they booked it last week when the website had "2 credits per person" on the writeups for EVERY restaurant.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an attorney too. I do see how it could be viewed as a contract. For example, for those reservations that have a cancellation charge, try to not show up and see if they pull out these same terms to enforce against you.

The reason Disney gets away with it is because they can. No single guest has enough skin in the game to make it worth their while to fight it. That's true of me. I prefer to enjoy my trip rather than fret too much about it, but I would like to see them acknowledge this and correct it.

Then, the thing to do would be contact Disney's webmasters and let them and let them know there is an error on their website, because I'm a lawyer also and I'm absolutely certain that unless you show up at California Grill with a printout that says 1 credit in hand and claim you did not know this was a 2 credit meal and would never have come there otherwise and make a fuss, there's no chance that you are getting the meal for 1 credit. Even then you might not get it, they might just tell you either come up with 2 credits, pay cash, or eat somewhere else, and as far as I know they'd be within legal bounds to do that. If you don't plan to make the fuss, maybe someone else will. It might not work but it would cause Disney some angst dealing with disgruntled guests.

I really don't see how Disney's done something underhanded that they're trying to "get away with." It's a mistake on the website. They have a LOT of mistakes on their website.

I don't think they've done anything underhanded either. I do think that if someone raised a big enough stink they might get one of the meals for a single credit, and perhaps Disney would help them get into other single TS credit restaurants if they had a slew of others on their agenda.

But an upgrade to a concierge level at Wilderness Lodge I think would be a fair compromise for the person that pointed out this mistake to them. :thumbsup2

I don't think they've done anything underhanded either. I do think that if someone raised a big enough stink they might get one of the meals for a single credit, and perhaps Disney would help them get into other single TS credit restaurants if they had a slew of others on their agenda.

But an upgrade to a concierge level at Wilderness Lodge I think would be a fair compromise for the person that pointed out this mistake to them. :thumbsup2

Don't hold your breath - that's not going to happen either ;)

i noticed the same thing about my Cali Grill reservation. i knew it was 2 TS credits but couldn't believe it was just saying it took 1 TS credit..i have never seen such a horrible website. too many problems all around!

i noticed the same thing about my Cali Grill reservation. i knew it was 2 TS credits but couldn't believe it was just saying it took 1 TS credit..i have never seen such a horrible website. too many problems all around!

The DVC Member website is not any better either...I don't know if it is still on there now or if they updated it yet, but a little while back they were still listing a shopping discount at the Virgin Megastore in DTD!! Not in existence anymore, for a while!! :rolleyes:

Get this...today all of my ADRs were one credit. When I went back in to change some, they were ALL two credits - even Chef Mickeys. Clearly the website i messed up. I am going to call the WDW-DINE number, have them cancel all my ADRs and start over - I'm too frustrated with the website! Not to mention, confused!

Further question from my website confusion: Is Chef Mickey's 1 or 2? Is 1900 Park Fare 1 or 2? Is Tutto Italia included, or not? (Site says no, brochure says yes). I should mention this is for Jan. 2010.

Not sure it would be a good idea to cancel your reservations because the website is mixed up on how many credits they cost - you might not be able to get them back. Use an official brochure to find out how many credits things cost. There is a link to the 2009 brochure in the Everything You Always Wanted To Know sticky thread at the top of this forum. The 2010 credit counts will be the same as 2009 for the restaurants now listed on the 2010 list.

Tutto Italia is not yet on the 2010 list - it's not owned by Disney. It probably won't show up on the list until January 1. They've always signed on in the past though.

Not sure it would be a good idea to cancel your reservations because the website is mixed up on how many credits they cost - you might not be able to get them back.

I agree. The credits will work themselves out. Call and get clarification and have them confirm it.

I don't see how this is so difficult for Disney. They have all sorts of other restaurant specific terms, including dress code, cancellation policies, etc., I don't see how they can't identify the 2 TS credit restaurants with the online ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter