Teppanyaki Dining Room Experiences?

remmy_7

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
I will be going there for the first time this August with my dad and sister (who loves Japanese food, especially sushi). What's the atmosphere, food, and your overall experience like dining there?

TIA :sunny:

Just wanted to reply quickly (i'm off to bed, lol). We LOVE Teppanyaki! It is your typical japanese style restaurant with the grill in front of you and the chef cooks your meal right there. It's fun, great food and we never miss it! Going back there in August!

We had a great chef last time... he was so entertaining, funny and talented. I love Japanese food, and while the food was great, it wasn't what I was craving at the time. After perusing the menu in the lobby of Tempura Kiku I really wanted tempura and sushi!!! Just so you (and your dad) know, Teppanyaki isn't a sushi restaurant. This year we're opting for Tempura Kiku and skipping on Teppanyaki.

I have found the Japanese steakhouses in my hometown are muh better then Teppanyaki. With so many excellent choices at WDW, I would skip it.

We love the Japanese restaurants in our town, but we want to eat somewhere fun while at Epcot! :thumbsup2 So we have reservations for Friday June 2!! I can't wait!! :banana:

My DD won't try very many new things other than Chicken fingers, but she loves "Grilled Shrimp"!!! So I know she will eat something different there and she will eat the fried rice. :goodvibes

It is my parents first trip and so I thought this sounded like a fun place to eat.

at lunchtime we plan to have Margaritas and chips at San Angel Inn.

We are not picky so we will like anything.... :cloud9:

This was one of our favorite meals last trip and will be returning this trip. Tried to make another ressie last trip because we liked it so much but they were booked. We actually had a female chef, she was GREAT, especially with the kids. Our kids loved the food and entertainment and my DH and I loved the meal best because it was GREAT food and the most peaceful meal of the trip because the kids were entertained. Can't wait to go back in June! Have fun.

Teppanyaki is a must on each of our trips. DS even chose it for his birthday dinner in October.
We like the food, the atmosphere and the fun.
Enjoy

Teppanyaki is a must do on our trips too! (Despite all the Arirang's and Benihana's by us). We love it and you get PLENTY of food! :)

Wendi2000 said:
Just so you (and your dad) know, Teppanyaki isn't a sushi restaurant.

that's good to know, because while my sister and I love sushi, my dad hates it!.

While we love this restaurant, there's a big difference between this one and the Japanese places in my hometown - NO FRIED RICE!!!!!! They have never done the fried rice - just a bowl of plain steamed rice. It has other delicious things, too, but that rice just makes the meal for us!!!!!!!!

That is one of my favorite items at our local St.Louis Japanese restaurants..
Oh well we will survive... :rolleyes:

We loved Teppanyaki, and my kids specifically requested we revisit it on our upcoming trip. They particularly remember our chef making a Mickey head out of onion slices while cooking them, then raising the centers and dripping in water to make little 'volcanoes'! The food was tasty and plentiful, and because they had such a fantastic time watching the chef prepare our meal and weren't restless while waiting for our food, it was one of our most peaceful dinners all week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter