Teppan Edo

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.
That has never been my experience at all. I think it is one of the better dining places at Disney

An that's your ill founded opinion. This thread has been dead for days.

BTW: Salt and pepper and what they do at TE isn't the seasoned type the OP was talking about, hence my comment on that.
And you know that how? Because he was hollering about needing some rosemary in there? You're a genius.

A very good restaurant. I have never had a bad experience with service or food not being cooked to my liking. A good pick for Picky eaters

Not to hijack, but we have reservations here on our Epcot day next month. Our dinner is at 6:20. After reading some of the comments about timing, what would you say our chances are for getting out in time to get a good view of Illuminations? I wanted to book the dessert party but did not realize they apparently don't have it on Tuesdays 🙄

Not to hijack, but we have reservations here on our Epcot day next month. Our dinner is at 6:20. After reading some of the comments about timing, what would you say our chances are for getting out in time to get a good view of Illuminations? I wanted to book the dessert party but did not realize they apparently don't have it on Tuesdays 🙄

I think you’ll be fine. I’ve never had to wait very long at Teppan Edo, they just try to build a table of eight and then get you seated.

That's plenty of time. I don't recall it taking forever or any great length of time when we went. It might be a bit longer than some of the other places but only because it's kind of a show and they can't really rush, they have to toss their spatulas and all lol. I find that almost all of the restaurants in the parks are surprisingly slow. That always baffles me because you would think that they would rush the hell out of you to turn over those tables but if anything, you're typically left sitting there looking around wondering what happened to your waiter and wishing they would come on so you can go. I think all of them need to work on better pacing of a meal. Sorry I got stuck on a thought. lol No you'll be fine with your time slot. :-)

I'm in the don't waste your time with this place crowd. The food is just not good. Barely any seasoning and the meats all were tough as shoe leather. Even the shrimp were tough and way overcooked. Service was mediocre and took forever to get the check finished out. One and done for us.

That has not been our experience with the food at all. My kids want to eat there every trip and we always get amazing food. We get the filet mostly and they cook it just how we want them to. I am surprised that you had such a bad experience there.

Plenty of time

We love Teppan Edo! We go every trip, sometimes twice! We always go for lunch, to get the AP discount. I always get the shrimp, and they have been cooked to perfection every time! Others in our group have had the steak & chicken & have never had a bad meal. We love the yummy sauce too! I always get double of that instead of the other sauce they give you, cause I even put some on my rice! The chefs have been great - some better than others - but it's the food that we love! Even the salad! And so glad they switched to White rice, instead of the seasoned one they used to have a few years back. When it's your birthday, they give you a chefs hat, and a ice cream dessert & make a fuss! So much fun! I like it better than Benihana!

The thing I do not like is that they give you like a handful of noodles if that. I don't want a ton, but they really skimp on them.

If my meal in April of 2018 is any indication that has changed. My “steak” dinner consisted of a plate of tasteless noodles with a side of tough and tasteless meat that was clearly bought from a discount vendor and grilled by someone with little knowledge of seasoning or cooking techniques.

I get the feeling this is a restaurant designed to appeal to the unsophisticated Disney guest who fails to understand the concept of value for the price paid.

If my meal in April of 2018 is any indication that has changed. My “steak” dinner consisted of a plate of tasteless noodles with a side of tough and tasteless meat that was clearly bought from a discount vendor and grilled by someone with little knowledge of seasoning or cooking techniques.

I get the feeling this is a restaurant designed to appeal to the unsophisticated Disney guest who fails to understand the concept of value for the price paid.

We ate there last month. We received an ample amount of noodles and our steak was very good. It was tender and it was seasoned. We have never had the experience that you are describing.

Perhaps our expectations differ? My definition of a good steak is significantly higher than one from Golden Corral.

Wow that came across as VERY rude. My meal at Teppan Edo was flavorful and well cooked and I assure you nowhere near "Golden Corral" We generally frequent high end restaurants but I was very happy with my meal here.

I'm aware of this but was answering the pp who was specifically wanting the chinese style. Also, Teppan Edo still serves rice as a side, it's just steamed white rice.
I thought you said “fried rice is Chinese not Japanese”

Never has our family experienced this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter