Teppan Edo??

CLEO Z

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to try a new place for us to try. There will be 10 of us, all adults except my 11 yo DD and then 9 yo DS. We have no picky eaters. We stay off site. We won't be doing a lot of TS, as we try to keep the expenses down. Signature Dining is out (except for maybe a date night for DH and me!).

That said, we will be eating at the Biergarten and Hoop Dee Doo Review. It just wouldn't be a big family trip to WDW without them. In addition to this, we need another restaurant that is good for 10. I was thinking of Teppan Edo, but haven't read anything much about it. It seemed to me that this might be a good, energetic, fun experience. Is it worth it or should we just eat at a similar Japanese steakhouse off site? Any other suggestions in the under $40 for an entree range? We are good with any park/resort.

We've been to Kona Cafe, Rose & Crown, Tony's, Akershus, Crystal Palace, O'Hana's, Cali-Grill (wish we could afford THIS again!), Liberty Tree Tavern, Narcoossee's, and others that I'm sure I'm forgetting!

Thanks!

Ive heard it is exactly like any hibachi off-property

For a group of 10, id say ohana if you can book it

We have always enjoyed it there. Another thought might be O'hana's. You get more food for the money, lots to choose from, food is great, and it is fun.

At a Japanese steakhouse off property you will get extras : probably soup and salad included, fried rice as an option, more extensive menu.

Teppan Edo has tables for 8. They may not be able to seat 10 at one table.

At a Japanese steakhouse off property you will get extras : probably soup and salad included, fried rice as an option, more extensive menu.

Teppan Edo has tables for 8. They may not be able to seat 10 at one table.

thank you for this information- its just what I needed for our family of 16.
but three of those are babies under a year. does that table include those three seats for the babies/

Teppan Edo is very crowded. There is not much walking room around each of the "tables" I don't know how well the seats for babies would fit around each table.

They might be able to seat one or maybe even two babies at a table in addition to the 8 seats but I think three is really pushing it. A party of 16 would almost definitely be seated at two tables, most likely right beside each other. The babies count as part of the party, even if they are being held on laps. Even without the babies you're still a party of 13 non-infants and that won't work at one table.

You can definitely use a high chair, but, yeah it takes up room just like it would anywhere else. Teppan Edo is one of our favorites. I'm not saying it's different than off-property hibatchi places, but when we're in Epcot and want something yummy, it's one of our picks (along with Le Cellier, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, San Angel Inn).

Go to DTD, walk across the street to the Hilton and eat at Benihana.

:thumbsup2

We tried Teppan Edo a few years ago with our family of 5 and enjoyed it. Our good friends went last month and got a "so-so" chef who wasn't very energetic so it wasn't as fun for them.

I'd definitely second the O'Hana recommendation. It's a must-do for us, delicious food and great atmosphere!

It's not very unique but the food and experience is good :thumbsup2 Portions are small, fwiw.

What about Wolfgang Puck at DTD? We went there for the first time last summer on our way back home and I was amazed at the quality and variety.

You got a great problem! And really SO many great choices. We do enjoy Teppan Edo- but really no different than any other Japanese steakhouse. If you are looking for something fun in the Epcot area, maybe Restaurant Marakeseh fun and different, food can be mixed though. A better option may be Kouzinna over at the Boardwalk. Great menu, open kitchen, not what you'll find at home, AND a chance to eat in a celebrity chefs place at a lower price than Emerils or blue zoo.

Ohannas would be fun, but a place I always recommend- I've never had a bad meal, the menu is varied and offers something for everyone...The Grand Floridian Cafe. Yes, it's overshadowed by Victoria and Alberts, Citricos, and Narcoossees, but as you mentioned- it's not "signature" dining and is a bit more affordable. I find it a great escape for the Magic Kingdom- and a way to enjoy the elegance of the Grand Floridian, even when not staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter