• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppan Edo or Biergarten

writersblock42

DIS Veteran
We are eating 5 table service meals for our trip and there are four of us. My dd (5) got to pick two because this is her first trip. I was pregnant with her last time I went to Disney (looking forward to a nonpregnant trip this time) :cool1:
I picked Boma for dinner after a full day at the AK. DD said she wanted a meal with the princesses and with Mickey so I made reservations for Chef Mickey and Askershus.
My dh wants either Biergarten or Teppan Edo. He cannot decide because he says that we have Japanese Restaurants around here and of course we have German food as we live in south central PA. What has the better food, better entertainment? OR is there a better restaurant around the same price range or less in Epcot?

Biergarten used to be a favorite of ours. We went in 2011 and were very disappointed in the food that trip (and no veal schnitzel for me didn't help). The best part of the meal was the desserts and the entertainment.

We ate at Teppan Edo for the first time in December and loved everything about it.

My choice -- Teppan Edo.

My choice would be Biergarten. More entertaining if your there when the band is playing, better variety of food, they dont nickel and dime you like teppan edo does and of course Big Beers.

Biergarten!!!! Hopefully your daughter will love the dancing as much as my 5 year old daughter.
Go for dinner for more selection.
If you go early, maybe 5ish? You can see the band 2 to 3 times.
Great fun for all!

I don't really care that much for food in either place, but as far as atmosphere, Biertgarten is tops in DW.. the show is great and the set is fantastic..

Biergarten is a must do for us. Delicious food with wonderful atmosphere and fun, live music for a (DW) reasonable price.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

Biergarten is a must do for us. Delicious food with wonderful atmosphere and fun, live music for a (DW) reasonable price.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

I am a solo traveler, how does the Biergarten work? Is it a buffet? or is it family style? Being 1 person, family style probably wouldn't work for me...:confused3

Tough choice. I love both of them! I don't think you'll go wrong either way, just pick the menu and experience that appeals to you most.

If you're used to Japanese hibachi chains that you might find at home, there are a few differences at Teppan Edo:

Soup and salad are not included with the entree. You buy them separately.
No fried rice. Only steamed rice is offered.
The menu is quite limited when compared to the popular chains. Doesn't mean the food is bad - just fewer choices.

Some posters consider one or more of these to be dealbreakers regarding Teppan Edo, just for consideration.

I am a solo traveler, how does the Biergarten work? Is it a buffet? or is it family style? Being 1 person, family style probably wouldn't work for me...

It's a buffet, you get your own food. But they will seat you at a table with another party. No exceptions.

It's a buffet, you get your own food. But they will seat you at a table with another party. No exceptions.

Thank you! I don't mind sitting with others, just didn't want to have to share family style plates with strangers ;) (Or have a family style plate all to myself and look like a glutton :rotfl:)

I would pick Biergarten! That place is simply fabulous and so much fun! The food is pretty good too, and that means a lot coming from me because I tend to be a pretty picky eater.

Biergarten was awesome. It was very entertaining, and the food was delicious! I don't even eat meat, and I had a wonderful time.

We just got back and loved Biergarten. My DD5 had a ball dancing and we all enjoyed the food (esp. the cabbage salad and pear dessert). Hubby liked doing the beer samples as well. Have heard very mixed reviews of Teppan Edo so I've nixed it from my list of restaurants to try.

If your looking for entertainment the pick would be Biergarten. If your looking for good food then it's going to be Teppan Edo. Don't get me wrong, we do like the food (and German sized beers) at Biergarten but our DS(4) and DD(6) like the steak and shrimp much more at Teppan Edo. In the end, you'll enjoy either one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter