Teppan Edo -- How many shrimp or scallops?

pwdebbie

DIS Veteran
I've been watching Teppan Edo videos and it looks to me like a person only gets six shrimp in their meal, but then again, maybe the meals I watched were combos.

So, how many shrimp do you get at Teppan Edo?

And the scallops -- are they the big sea scallops? How many of those are served?

Planning dining for a seafood lover can be tough!

I ordered the steak and shrimp combo a few times over the past few years, and that sounds about right. I believe the shrimps were not jumbo, and it was not a huge portion of steak with it. We usually do this for lunch on the DXDP, with an appetizer, and that fills us up. This seems like one of the smaller Disney meal portions to me, but we are big eaters.

We ate at Teppan Edo two weeks ago and I think it was four shrimp for the steak and shrimp combo. DD chose the restaurant because she wanted the filet mignon. When we want seafood, our first choice is bluezoo at the Dolphin or Flying Fish at BWI.

I get the scallops each time (they are SO good..) and there is about 5 or 6? I cannot remember exactly but I know it's very filling.

We thought Teppan Edo was terribly overpriced. Four average shrimp, sliced and diced in a gloppy sauce for something like $27.99.

We are willing to pay good money for a good meal, but we appreciate good value for our money, which is why we stick to restaurants like Il Mulino, Shula's and V&A. Not cheap at all, but very good quality for the money spent.

Last time we went, I had 3 or 4 scallops, it was such a small amount that we were laughing about it, not what I expected for the price....

Hmmm, I was hoping there would be at least a dozen scallops or shrimp.

Sorry but even with pixiedust: that's not going to happen! You stand a better chance at a resort restaurant like Blue Zoo, FLying Fish! I can no longer take my son (16) and his friends to Teppan Edo, it costs me a fortune and they
are hungry 1/2 hour afterwards and they are average eaters!

Unlike typical Japanese steakhouses, the soup and salad do not come with, they are a la cart, drives up the bill!

Hmmm, I was hoping there would be at least a dozen scallops or shrimp.

I had the scallops and I think I had 5 or 6 and they were not big. And honestly they didn't have a lot of flavor either. Definately not a big portion for a seafood lover.
But one place that did pleasantly surprise me was Columbia Harbour House - They have a generous fried shrimp plate - I loved it! Lots of fresh, sweet, large shrimp. I highly recommend it for a seafood lover. :goodvibes
Another fabulous seafood dish that surprised me (portion as well as quality) was the Linguini Frutti di Mare - shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante at Via Napoli - A big plate of heaven for seafood lovers like myself.

:goodvibes

We ate lunch at Teppan Edo for the first time in Dec and I had the scallops. I believe the lunch and dinner menus are the same, but not absolutely sure. Maybe there were about 6-7 medium sized scallops, with plenty of vegetables and rice accompanying them. We didn't feel hungry or terribly stuffed after the meal. It was a refreshing switch from the gargantuan buffets with seasonings galore. The food was simple, fresh and nicely prepared.

The entertainment was great too...we sat with another party of 4 at the table and had a blast.

I had the scallops and I think I had 5 or 6 and they were not big. And honestly they didn't have a lot of flavor either. Definately not a big portion for a seafood lover.
But one place that did pleasantly surprise me was Columbia Harbour House - They have a generous fried shrimp plate - I loved it! Lots of fresh, sweet, large shrimp. I highly recommend it for a seafood lover. :goodvibes
Another fabulous seafood dish that surprised me (portion as well as quality) was the Linguini Frutti di Mare - shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante at Via Napoli - A big plate of heaven for seafood lovers like myself.

:goodvibes

I have to agree on Columbia Harbour House...what a SCORE for a quick service credit if you are on the dining plan. Seafood is fresh & tasty (not greasy at all either) and portions are good. And I'm from New England, so know my seafood! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter