Tennis Anyone?

Savagekids

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Poly the week of Memorial day and I need to find a tennis partner for my Mom. She's an active 60 years young, has been playing since she was kid, and still plays weekly.

I seem to remember the lessons being $90 an hour and she balked at the price. If anyone wants to meet up that week at Shades (we are military), or any other court, please contact me. Or is there a place near WDW that anyone knows about?

We are staying at Poly the week of Memorial day and I need to find a tennis partner for my Mom. She's an active 60 years young, has been playing since she was kid, and still plays weekly.

I seem to remember the lessons being $90 an hour and she balked at the price. If anyone wants to meet up that week at Shades (we are military), or any other court, please contact me. Or is there a place near WDW that anyone knows about?

Wish I could be there! There are also courts near the self parking at Boardwalk Villas. Rarely used.

Oh my goodness...I would have totally met up and played with your mom! We are staying at Shades one night during Memorial Day Weekend (Friday) and then moving to Beach Club Villas. I'm 45 but an avid tennis player...however I am recovering from breast cancer surgery last week and probably won't be cleared to play quite yet. I'm not even supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds and will have my family helping me with my luggage for our trip. :(

We play tons of Tennis and always hire a pro for a lesson. They are pretty good but like to teach more than giving us a good workout. So if you mom wants to run, I would not do the pro. If she wants some instruction and light exercise its pretty good.

We always tell the pro "were too old for changing our shots, we want to run" but they can't help it. They love to teach.

Oh my goodness...I would have totally met up and played with your mom! We are staying at Shades one night during Memorial Day Weekend (Friday) and then moving to Beach Club Villas. I'm 45 but an avid tennis player...however I am recovering from breast cancer surgery last week and probably won't be cleared to play quite yet. I'm not even supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds and will have my family helping me with my luggage for our trip. :(

Congrats on your recovery! My Mom also had breast cancer when she was about 45. Wish you could play next week, but I'm sure you have many happy matches ahead. :)

We play tons of Tennis and always hire a pro for a lesson. They are pretty good but like to teach more than giving us a good workout. So if you mom wants to run, I would not do the pro. If she wants some instruction and light exercise its pretty good.

We always tell the pro "were too old for changing our shots, we want to run" but they can't help it. They love to teach.

That is good intel on the Tennis Pros. At least she will know what to expect if we go that route.

Congrats on your recovery! My Mom also had breast cancer when she was about 45. Wish you could play next week, but I'm sure you have many happy matches ahead. :)

Oh wow...well glad to hear she's doing well. That's my hope also. I hope she finds somebody to play, I feel the same way when I'm there...I miss it too. Sounds like the pro thing at least would be an interesting experience. I may look into it myself on a future trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter