Tendering in GC questions

JennLK

DIS Veteran
WIth the Fantasy only being in GC from 11:45-4:45 I'm worried about booking any excursions (on our own)

We wanted to go to the turtle farm but aren't sure how long it takes to get onto a tender and over to the island when you are not on a DCL sponsored excursion....

any tips?

Hi

we are also doing the turtle farm on our own. ive read it should take about 45 minutes to get off the ship, so hopeflly should be on land by 11.30am

we are then catching a bus straight to the turtle farm, from just outside the port.

i will aim to be back at port for no later than 3.30pm

hope this helps :)

Hi

we are also doing the turtle farm on our own. ive read it should take about 45 minutes to get off the ship, so hopeflly should be on land by 11.30am

we are then catching a bus straight to the turtle farm, from just outside the port.

i will aim to be back at port for no later than 3.30pm

hope this helps :)

Thanks!! It is hard deciding whether or not it is worth the $$ to spend 2 hours there

So, my mother in law will be with us on this cruise and she will
be using a wheel chair. How does this work when you are tendered into
port ? and should we even try to book an excursion ?

Christy May said:
So, my mother in law will be with us on this cruise and she will
be using a wheel chair. How does this work when you are tendered into
port ? and should we even try to book an excursion ?

No problems with people with wheelchairs on the tender. We were on the July 21st cruise and there was a gentleman in a wheelchair and they had secured him to the top level of the tender.

Also, this 45 minutes to get off the ship seems to be a bit long. Tenders are run constantly back and forth and it took about five minutes from the ship to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter