Tempura Kiku opinions

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
I thought I had tried all of the restaurants in Epcot but recently heard of Tempura Kiku. I don't know how I missed it! Does anyone have any opinions on this restaurant? We have eaten at the other Japanese restaurant many times. I wondered why they didn't have Tempura on their munu...Duhhhhh:) Thanks for your thoughts.

I would like to hear about this, also. We have wondered about this restaurant, but never hear anything, good or bad. Tried Shrimp Tempura in a little place in New Orleans and loved it, so I have been wanting to try it at WDW!!

We ate at Tempura Kiku on our last trip. We both had the chicken, which comes with a few fried vegetables (I specifically remember a zucchini and a sweet potato slice) and huge chunks or tenders of chicken. Unfortunately, the only thing that tasted good to me was the fried sweet potato, and there was literally only one slice. The chicken was very thickly battered (obviously) but had absolutely no flavor. The dipping sauces were not good and neither was the soup (they are NOT the same ones served next door at Teppanyaki, which are YUMMY). Needless to say, we were not fans of Tempura Kiku and most likely won't return.

Sorry--but I'm sure someone else out there likes it! :)

We have eaten there twice, both times for lunch and we loved it. We are big fans of Japanese food, so it suits us perfectly. I had gotten a sushi plate, while DH gets tempura, then we share. We love the food.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is when it is crowded, it can be pretty loud, as you are sitting at a bar...especially when you have rude, intoxicated (the only way I can explain their actions) twenty-something "friends of CM's" that made fun of the Japanese staff and accents, chop sticks, and used profanity, sitting right next to you. There was a round of applause when they left!

But, not to get off track, try it. It is on our list of favorites!

I called Disney dining and they told me they don't take priority seatings at this restaurant. Did anyone find it hard to get in? I have never seen this restaurant rated or talked about on the boards either! Thanks forl the postings. Anyone else been here?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tigger, we have just gone in early both times, I believe we went right when WS opened both times. I know by noon it gets quite crowded, but we have never had a wait.

No, it's not a "bar" bar, but it is set up like a sushi bar....a U shaped bar where you can watch the staff roll sushi and prepare the food. And regarding the morons that sat next to us....for my experience, it is a rarity. I guess they indulged in the food and wine fest (concentrating on the wine, I would assume!) prior to dining there. But, boy, they made that lunch miserable for many people.

It would be a great place to take a child, although it really lacks any excitement....pretty boring and bland decor, but if you like sushi and tempura, it is great!

I had the shrimp tempura here a few months ago and loved it! Plan to return here or to the lounge next door in my May trip.

Thanks for all of the great information. We will be giving this restaurant a try next week:) I'ii post our review when we return:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We tried this restaurant and were very pleased with the food. You can sit at the sushi bar and watch them prepare food or in the lounge. It was a beautiful day so we picked the lounge which overlooks Epcot and it was not very crowded. I think we it it just right. I had Shrimp tempura and it came with battered sweet potato, zuccini, and I believe carrot? We were all pleased with the meal and will do this again next time:):bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We ate there in 2002, 3 kids and 4 adults. Age ranges from 4 1/2 to 60. we all loved it.

We've eaten here at least three times. We were able to get PS last May, but this easily has changed in a year. I love Japanese food and find this restaurant enjoyable. Since it is tempura everything is fried. It is a heavy meal and can tend to be a little greasy. That said, I still like it, but I wouldn't want to eat this much grease every day. I get the shrimp and chicken combo. Love the tempura veggies.

Lunch is cheaper than supper and I don't remember the supper portions being that much larger. If you show up when the WS opens, you won't have a problem getting a seat. Seating is tight around the counter, so be prepared to be elbow to elbow with your neighbors.

DH& I like this place as well. We LOVE the sushi there and have eaten in the tempura bar and the lounge. I think the food and prices are reasonable, for WDW standards. I may split a tempura dish next time. Tempura is somewhat greasy... no matter where... The service has always been excellent and we've always walked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter