Temperature checks

Sam9cn

Earning My Ears
Hi all as it looks like Orlando holidays might go ahead 😬 I’m back to planning our August holiday 🥳
I know the parks are obviously doing temperature checks with I’m cool with. All the family have already had covid, the kids brought it home from school and we have already had our first jabs so here’s hoping we will be ok but my thought was I don’t do well in the heat. I’m very fair skinned, I blister in the sun n have to wear factor 50, I’m ginger and a bit overweight, so I’m worried in the florida heat this will push my temperature up. I painted my fences in February this year and got sunburned in Birmingham that’s how pale I am 🤣
What do you think? Is this a thing?
Thanks x

I think that you may need to go shopping for some moisture wicking long trousers, long sleeved t shirts and a wide brimmed hat. Look at Rohan. And if you can build up your endurance fitness and lose weight before August, that will really help. WDW is hot and humid.
I am sure a medic will comment on your concerns about temperature checks. Have you tried testing how much your temperature changes at home depending on the weather? WDW only use forehead scans, nothing under your tongue etc.
I admire your optimism about an August trip and hope that it works out for you. You are so very lucky that your children have already received covid vaccinations.

Yes we are, hoping we get the second jab by July but who knows, the kids haven’t had the vaccine but when they got covid they weren’t as poorly as us adults! Good point about the temp here but it only rains but I’ll keep that in mind!
definitely trying to lose those excess pounds now!!
We booked in 2019 for 2020 so re arranged for this year, I know it still might not happen but it sounds a bit more optimistic than it did 🤞🏻

Will you be driving yourself s to the theme parks or using Disney Bus?
Just want to tell you the walks from the bus stops is long but the walks from the parking lots can be really long. They are not using any trams in the parking lot and the long walk and black tar/ concrete makes it really hot.
Have you considered purchasing one of those reflective umbrellas?
My niece uses an umbrella at Disneyland and shared it with me I was amazed that the temp difference with that. I should get one and start training myself to actually use it on daily walks.
You also might consider spending early morns and evenings only to visit theme parks . Also grabbing a bottle of water or juiceto drink before the temp screen. It might help lower your body temp as you wait in line.
I hope they bring back the fresh fruit in the parks because I found that watermelon also helps a lot . I also wet a bandana to wear around my neck . I am currently searching for a really comfortable lightweight hat.
Hope your family is able to make the trip safely and wisely.

Last August, my friend got sunburned on her face and the measured her temperature behind her ear since her forehead was throwing heat. I think they're used to these scenarios.

I also believe they had a waiting area for people who needed to cool down before getting a temperature re-check. That would allow someone who may have overheated from the walk to cool off, but wouldn't necessarily work for someone with an actual fever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter