Temecula Wine Tasting?

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, Has anybody ever done this as a day trip from DL Parks? I found it in my AAA Guidebook listed as "Temecula Wine Tasting and Lake Elsinore Outlets Shopping"tour.I Mapquested it and it is about 63 miles from the DL Hotel. I am BIG fan of California wines so I would like to explore at least one area of wine growing(within a reasonable distance) on our visit to DL in July.I am coming from the East Coast and would appreciate any HELP especially from those living in CA!! Thanks , Joan :cool1:

My parents just went to to Temecula today to do wine tastings. They saud they had a nice day, but they would not do it again. They were not very impressed with either of the wineries they visited.

Melissa

I live just north of Temecula and south of Lake Elsinore. I don't really drink, so I've never done a wine tasting, but there are lots of wineries to choose from. Most are off of Rancho California Road and some more are off of Highway 79. The outlet mall (off of Nicolas Road off of the I-15) gets a Disney Character Warehouse in the fall and I go there to their Gap outlet to buy my jeans rather than the mall--much cheaper for the same product.

iceskatejen said:
I live just north of Temecula and south of Lake Elsinore. I don't really drink, so I've never done a wine tasting, but there are lots of wineries to choose from. Most are off of Rancho California Road and some more are off of Highway 79. The outlet mall (off of Nicolas Road off of the I-15) gets a Disney Character Warehouse in the fall and I go there to their Gap outlet to buy my jeans rather than the mall--much cheaper for the same product.

Hey! I think we might be neighbors - I'm right off of Clinton Keith :wave2:

Sorry OP - a little off topic (I live close by, but have never done the tastings either) :blush:

I live just north of Temecula...in Hemet (hi neighbors, princesschrysty and iceskatejen!) and have done some wine tasting in the area..overall not bad and it is a nice way to spend a day, if you are a big wine fan, if not, I don't know if it is worth the trip. If you are staying in the DL area (Anaheim) it will take you about an hour and a half, maybe a little more, to get there.

I am personally not a big fan of the Elsinore Outlets...There are much nicer ones about 35-45 minutes further east on the I-10 in Cabazon, CA.

Just my two cents... :earsboy:

Hey, a bunch of neighbors here!! We live just south of Temecula near Fallbrook and like the wine tasting tours. You do need to remember that it's not Napa though!

I'm in La Cresta--off Clinton Keith as well. (Do I hear a southwest Riv County Dis-meet coming on?)

We haven't been to Temecula for a few years, but loved going there (and yes, we love wine). They do have some very good wines there and some so so wines. I'd look into where the tour will take you and then decide. We've never gone with a tour to Temecula, did it on our own, but we did drive from DL there and it wasn't too bad of a drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter