• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me your favorite mod or deluxe and why...

traceyw

Mouseketeer
We have gone to WDW several times and stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Pop Century. We like both (for very different reasons); however, we're going for a 4-day getaway the week after Thanksgiving and I'm expanding our options with the reduced room-only promotion going on. I want to stay somewhere that will give us some holiday magic feeling, in addition to that Disney magic. We are planning to rent a car as we find it a lot easier than the Disney transport, so the bus pickups are not an issue for us.

Help me decide. Tell me your favorite moderate or deluxe resort and why you love it. TIA!

I love being able to walk to EPcot, so my faves are BC and BW.

Our favorite is the Poly for the tropical atmosphere, the large rooms, close proximity/within walking distance to the TTC, Captain Cooks, the volcano pool, and the beach for watching the fireworks while relaxing in a hammock :cloud9:.

I agree with mickeynut1! Just stayed at the Poly last month for the first time and it was amazing! The grounds, rooms, location, food, lobby. Everything was perfect! I have heard that the Grand Floridian is beautiful for the holidays so even if you dont stay there go check it out! They deck out the lobby for the holidays!

My favourite is AKL. I just don't know that many hotels where you can see giraffes while looking out the balcony. My family enjoyed its African themed Christmas decorations too. Very unique.

We have stayed at all the monorail resorts and our favorite of them would be GF. That being said, our favorite area are the Epcot Resorts. We have been staying in those for over ten years now and really wouldn't change areas again. We love being able to get to two parks easily and love all the restaurants at the resorts and being able to enjoy all the restaurants in Epcot. We were at the YC in June, the BC in Aug. and will be returning to the BC for marathon weekend in Jan.

favorties Mod is POR and favorite deluxe is contemporary or poly do like the restaurants around there but went to value several years ago to POP and love it over there buses so much better than any other resort.

My favorite resorts are CR and BC/BCV. The CR because of the room decor and the magical view of the Tower rooms and the walk to MK cannot be beat. The BC for the sea theme, SAB and close proximity to EPCOT. Love doing a split stay between these two. If you want HOLIDAY magic, then I'd say you want to be at GF. The gingerbread house and that gorgeous lobby are not to be missed!

For the holidays my fave resort is WL there is something there during the holidays that make it so magical. The other deluxe spot that is great around the holidays is BC - the lobby is so pretty and cannot miss the Carousel.
As far as moderates I love POFQ it really reminds of being in New Orleans during the holidays

I am considering a holiday trip too (fingers crossed that the schedule works out.) We've never been while the Christmas decorations are up!
Recently I went through a long thread of resort holiday photos. (Do a search and you will find it. ) It will give you a good idea of places that have the holiday spirit.

Our favorite resort is CR, however it did not look great for holidays. This board is full of Poly-Lovers, but it also only looked so-so for Christmas spirit. In my opinion the ones that looked the most festive were WL, AKL, BWI and CSR. GF was heavily decorated, but I just don't love the atmosphere of GF...

I am thinking of BWI or WL if it works out for us. :)

Contemporary for close proximity to MK. Monorail is in the hotel. Love the decor in the room and the atmosphere on the 4th floor. Just a hop to Poly and GF.

MOD- I love the POFQ for the theme and the overall appeal. It is smaller and feels a bit more personal to me...my DH prefers CSR because he says it looks cool.

DLX- I think my DH and I agree on the BWI...we prefer to go to EPCOT more than any park and that hotel is the best in proximity to the DHS as well. The theme is soothing and the rooms are nice and generally the overall atmosphere seems laid back and chill.

As far as Christmas themes, it was really nice at the YC last year, but also because we could walk and see the BWI and the BC decorated as well. Really put us in the Christmas mood.

Beach Club gave us the most "vacation" feel of all our Disney trips. I think the pool had a lot to do with that and the fact that within 5 minutes you can eat cuisine from anywhere in the world. :goodvibes
For a mod for some reason we just like the PO Riverside. The setting just has a home feel to me. The AB has the most theme for any Disney room we have stayed in.

Poly was on my list. I think we may go that direction. Thanks!
They have some of the biggest rooms on property & a day bed which which be nice for your kids.

If you love WL maybe think about AKL we loved it. One thing we prefer about WL & AKL is everything in one building.

Kae

Beach Club is our favorite for the location and the pool. It's nice to spend the day at MK, HS or AK and then in the evening take a 5 minute walk to Epcot to enjoy the countries/food.

My favorite is the Poly! The Christmas decorations are tropical themed as you might guess- which I do love because it is different than the traditional.
I love being on the monorail-quick ride to MK and a quick walk to Epcot. Bus service is decent.
Ohana's is great! Only ate in Kona's once but it was very good.
Can't wait to walk in to the open air lobby in November and take a deep sigh "We're home":)

We like BC in spite of the pool opportunity may or may not come into play in December, but any of the EPCOT resorts will give you the chance to be at, with a short walk, so many beautifully decorated places like the Boardwalk area and the WONDERFUL World Showcase.... plus the music of Christmas sets the mood almost everywhere you go there!!

No bad choices when it comes to being the at Christmas, so I know you'll have a fantastic trip wherever you stay!!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter